International Rescue Committee Jobs in Tanzania : Adolescent Sexual and Reproductive Officer
Welcome to JobwebTanzania.com. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in Tanzania. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to [email protected]
- Company: International Rescue Committee
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: NGO Jobs in Tanzania
The International Rescue Committee (IRC) is one of the largest humanitarian agencies in the world, providing relief, rehabilitation and post-conflict reconstruction support to victims of oppression and violent conflict. IRC has worked for over seven decades and today is involved in over 25 conflict zones in the world. IRC addresses both the immediate, life saving needs of conflict affected people in an emergency and the reconstruction needs in post conflict societies. IRC is committed to a culture of bold leadership, innovation in all aspects of our work, creative partnerships and thorough accountability to those we serve. The IRC is an international agency with offices in London, New York, and Geneva.
The Adolescent, Sexual and Reproductive Health (ASRH) Officer will provide leadership in the development, implementation and monitoring of all ASRH interventions and activities in Nyarugusu, Mtendeli refugees camp and Kibondo and Kasulu districts.
S/he will focus on improving the quality of health services for adolescents and young mothers/parents at the community -level to receive the knowledge, skills and services they need to delay early childbearing and/or care for a healthy pregnancy, care during birth and postpartum period, practicing healthy timing and spacing of subsequent pregnancies.
With the direction of relevant thematic leads, s/he will implement the work plans, budgets and other related activities of ASRH within the programme in liaison with the Senior Health Coordinator
- S/he will be responsible for the timely implementation of all ASRH-related work at the 4 implementing ares of Kibondo, Kasulu,Mtendeli and Nyarugusu.
- Ensure all ASRH plans and activities are properly coordinated with the ASRH teams and staff in the district.
- Conduct trainings on ASRH to target health providers and partners towards improving the quality of health facility services to adolescents (Use of the Age & Life-stage Counselling Tools, Youth-Friendly Health Services, Family Planning, Interpersonal Communication Skills, Organizing Young Mothers’ Support groups, others)
- Implement the Mothers support group series of activities of the Adolescent First-time mothers/parents intervention
- Develop and adapt all relevant ASRH IEC materials for the program facilities as well as ensure re-printing of important ASRH publications for dissemination to stakeholders.
- Coordinate closely with the DRHC, Senior HC M&E manger on undertaking the Formative Assessment on Adolescent services
- Ensure that monitoring and evaluation, and documentation of ASRH interventions and activities are carried out and reported to SHC on a timely basis.
- Attending meeting to represent IRC Senior Health Coordinator when required
- Perform any other duties within Health department as required by he/his supervisor
Advocacy and Coordination
- S/he will take a lead on networking, advocacy work and strengthening linkages/coordinating with relevant stakeholders and government agencies (Ministry of Health, Ministry of Youth and Development, Health providers and staff in the 4 sites health facilities as well as their Local Government.
- A diploma in Nursing and Midwifery ,Clinical medicine or Environmental health with addition certificate in health promotion or ,health education
- At least five years of experiences in ASRH and family planning in refuges setting and knowledge of MoH working system
- Experience in monitoring programs and participating in evaluation.
- Knowledge of the Tanzania health system with in depth familiarity and knowledge about ASRH in country activities
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively in a team setting with minimal supervision
- Excellent planning and organizational skills with the ability to multi-task in a fast-paced work environment.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to travel within the country