International Organization for Migration Jobs in Tanzania : CVAC Assistant x2
Welcome to JobwebTanzania.com. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in Tanzania. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to [email protected]
- Company: International Organization for Migration
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Tanzania
ORGANIZATIONAL CONTEXT AND SCOPE
Established in 1951, IOM is the leading inter‐governmental organization in the field of migration and works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non‐governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all.
It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive environment. Internal and external candidates are eligible to apply to this vacancy. For the purpose of the vacancy, internal candidates are considered as first‐tier candidates.
Under the general oversight of the Immigration & Border Management (IBM) Division’s Immigration & Visas Unit at HQ and reporting directly to the regional VAC Team Leader programmatically and directly to the Operations Officer administratively, the Incumbent will provide administrative support for the Canadian Visa Application Centre operated by IOM; particularly s/he will:
RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
• Provide client service excellence to applicants at all times, in full compliance with the Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) Statement of Work (SOW) and the IRCC Service Standards.
• Assist in the provision of client information: distribution of application forms, information sheets and checklists regarding visa requirements; assist with telephone, fax, e‐mail, chat and SMS inquiries from clients (including requirements for submitting visa applications and the location of client’s passport), providing timely and accurate information to clients; marketing and providing assistance to clients with Value Added Services including but not
• limited to Self‐Service and Assisted Data Entry services. Informing clients of any changes to visa requirements or submission procedures.
• Assist in the collection and forwarding of complete applications as per IRCC checklists, including biometrics collection: provide guidance to clients on the proper completion of application forms, while reviewing and collecting same applications along with any supporting / additional documents, as required; record, dispatch and follow up on applications and passports; arrange
• appointments for visa applicants who require interview, as required.
• Collection of Fees: Where required, collect the applicable Canadian visa fee(s) and IOM service fee(s); issue accurate receipts; daily reconciliation of receipts and reporting same; Safe keeping of all applications, supporting documentation and fees collected and responsible for CANVAC office keys;
• Data Capture; Assist in maintaining a high degree of skill in using the CANVAC software platform provided; enter all applicant data, enrol biometrics as required, submit application documents in the required order, while forwarding all applicant, passport and appointment information to IRCC; ensure accurate tracking of both applications and supporting documents via the CANVAC
• software’s bar code scanning system;
• Returning of passports, supporting documentation and visa decisions. Assist in collecting processed applications; returning processed applications, passports and supporting documentation;
• Reporting: Assist in maintaining accurate and detailed records of all applications and fees received, and biometrics enrolled and report these records daily;
• Maintain a professional appearance and migrant friendly demeanour at all times;
• Maintain positive working relationships with IOM’s Lead VAC Partner, VFS Global and IRCC staff locally.
• Immediately inform management of any problems or issues related to her/his daily work and regularly make suggestions on how to improve efficiency and client service.
• Comply with the IOM Policy for a Respectful Working Environment”, “IOM Confidentiality Agreement”, “IOM Data Protection Manual”, IOM Standards of Conduct”, and the “IOM Policy on Reporting Irregular Practices, Wrongdoing and Misconduct”.
• Such other duties as may be assigned by the Chief, Financial Services in Manila, Immigration & Visas Unit at HQ and the VAC Regional Team Leaders.
The incumbent is expected to demonstrate the following competencies
• Establishes strong relationships with colleagues and partners; relates well to people at all levels.
• Is fully aware of the team purpose, respects and understands individual and collective responsibilities.
• Willingly puts in extra effort without being asked and adopts a “hands‐on” approach whenever necessary to achieve team objectives.
• Coordinates own work with that of the team to meet agreed priorities and deadlines
• Delivering results
• Produces quality results and provides quality services to clients.
• Meets goals and timelines for delivery of products or services.
• Manages time and resources efficiently, monitoring progress and making adjustments as necessary.
• Shows understanding of own role and responsibilities in relation to expected results.
• Managing and sharing knowledge
• Keeps abreast of new developments in own field of competence and creates opportunities for knowledge management initiatives.
• Shares knowledge and learning willingly, and proactively seeks to learn from the experiences of others.
• Puts new learning into practice and draws on diverse sources of ideas and inspiration.
• Contributes to the identification of improvements to work processes and assists in implementing them.
• Accepts personal responsibility for quality and timeliness of work.
• Takes ownership of all responsibilities within own role and honours commitments to others and to the Organization.
• Operates in compliance with organizational regulations and rules.
• Accepts and gives constructive criticism; acknowledges and corrects mistakes and apply lessons learned for improvement
• Presents information using language and sequence of ideas that is easy for recipients to understand.
• Adapts communication to the recipient’s needs, asks questions to clarify, and
• exhibits interest in having two‐way communication.
• Encourages others to share their views, using active listening to demonstrate openness and to build understanding of different perspectives.
• Listens carefully and genuinely to the views and positions of others; acts on received information.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
• University degree or equivalent in Business Management, Client Services, Social Sciences or a related field from an accredited academic institution, with two years of relevant professional experience, preferably in similar setting; or
• Completed High School degree from an accredited academic institution, with four years of relevant professional experience.
• Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office applications, including Excel, PowerPoint, Good knowledge of information technology and proficiency in Microsoft Office applications especially Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Publisher, and SharePoint.
• Previous work experience in similar setting will be an advantage.
• Fluency in English and Kiswahili languages is required.
• Knowledge of French language is highly desirable.
How to Apply
Interested candidates should fill in the PH form, submit CV’s and cover letter indicating Vacancy Notice number with 3 professional references and contacts to [email protected] Or send applications to the address below; International Organization for Migration Mission in the United Republic of Tanzania Slipway Road, off Chole Road, Plot # 1365 Msasani. PO Box 9270 Dar es Salaam, Tanzania. Kindly note only shortlisted candidates will be contacted & Vacancy is only open for Tanzanian nationals. For further information, please refer to: https://tanzania.iom.int/ Posting period: From 08th February – 21st February 2019