International Institute of Tropical Agriculture Jobs in Tanzania : Assistant Project Manager
Welcome to JobwebTanzania.com. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in Tanzania. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to [email protected]
- Company: International Institute of Tropical Agriculture
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: NGO Jobs in Tanzania
The International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (ITA) is a not-for-profit institution that generates agricultural innovations to meet Africa’s most pressing challenges of hunger, malnutrition, poverty, and natural resource degradation. Working with various partners across sub-Saharan Africa, we improve livelihoods, enhance food and nutrition security, increase employment, and preserve natural resource integrity. IITA is a member of CGIAR, a global agriculture research partnership for a food secure future
IITA is looking for a suitably qualified person to fill the position Assistant Project Manager for the “Strengthening Capacity to Implement Priority Actions for Achieving Resilient Food Security in Tanzania” project. He or She will work directly under the Project’s Coordinator and support the project’s senior team members and collaborate with the project’s implementing team and local partners from the Ministry of Agriculture (Tanzania mainland) and the Ministry of Agriculture, Natural Resources Livestock and Fisheries, Zanzibar.
Duty Station: The position will be based at the IITA Regional Hub for Eastern Africa in Dar es Salaam, Tanzania.
• The candidate should have a MSc. in Project Management, Agriculture or Related field
• At least five years’ experience in project Finance and Administration .
Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision, but also participate as a team member in accomplishment of duties
• Good knowledge of Accounting and Financial Analysis and report writing
• Excellent written and oral communications skills, good judgment and high level of respect for confidentiality
• Ability to work in a multicultural environment
• Ability and willing to work under pressure
• Experience in managing project accounts for internal & donor reporting especially on USAID funded projects
• Keep records of deadlines for submission of work plans, and technical and financial reports and follow up with project implementing team to ensure these are prepared and submitted in a timely manner.
• Work closely with the Finance and Accounting teams at the Hub and HQ to monitor spending of projects funds and in preparations and submission of financial reports
• Assist in compiling and reviewing financial reports for submission to donors while complying with donor reporting templates and schedules.
• Assist the project Coordinator and senior managers in monitoring closely the project execution and provide feedback and recommendations to the Coordinator and senior managers
• Develop and maintain an efficient financial monitoring, filing system and databases for print and electronic files/documents on program activities and projects.
• Follow up with Finance team at the hub to ensure that project payments are executed in a timely manner.
• Follow up with the Program Accountant at the HQ to ensure that project reports are done in a timely manner and expenditures reflect approved project budget line items.
• Continuous monitoring of program activities and support preparation of annual reports and progress updates as requested.
• Provide communication support between the project and all its partners
• Work closely with administration team to coordinate and support the team members in project-related travels and events including workshops, trainings and meetings
• Prepare and store meeting minutes, documents and reports as appropriate
• Provide support to the MOA, MANRLF and PO-LGAs team members in accessing and accounting for the advances
• Carryout any other responsibility as may be assigned by the supervisor
The duration of the contract is for one and half year. This is a nationally recruited position and IITA offers a competitive remuneration package.
How to Apply
Applications including curriculum vitae, copies of certificates, telephone number, email address, and names and addresses of two referees should be sent to the Country Representative, IITA Tanzania, Plot No. 25, Mwenge - Coca-Cola Road, Mikocheni Industrial Area P.O. Box 34441, Dar es Salaam, Tanzania or by email to [email protected] Applicants are requested to please indicate the reference number for the position as indicated on the heading of the announcement in your application as well as on the subject of your email if sending by email. If sending by post or hand delivery, please indicate the reference number on your application as well as on the left hand side of your envelope. Please note that any applications without the reference number indicated will be automatically disqualified. Closing date: Closing date is on 28th February 2019. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted