International Aid Services Jobs in Tanzania : Regional Program Coordinator
- Company: International Aid Services
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dodoma Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: NGO Jobs in Tanzania
International Aid Services (IAS) is a Christian non-political and non-p’ofitable organization. IAS mission is to save lives, promote self-reliance and dignity through human transformation, going beyond relief and development. International Aid Services Tanzania (IAS TZA) was started and registered as a local not-for-profit making NGO. IAS TZ has two strategic focus areas, namely; Inclusive Education and Strengthening of Civil Society Organizations. On Inclusive Education, IAS TZA works in a consortium called IFI, together with two other organizations, Free Pentecostal Church of Tanzania (FPCT) and Information Centre on Disabilities (ICD). IAS Tanzania is looking for enthusiastic, creative, energetic individuals to fill the following vacant positions:
Job Title: Regional Program Coordinator
Location: Dodoma Region
Reporting to : Programme Manager – IAS Tanzania
Duties and Responsibilities:
• In collaboration with the Programme Manager and IFI Coordinators, develop other project ideas; write concept papers, and assist in proposals writing with focus on Inclusive Education.
• Plan and implement activities according to the programme proposal, log frame and work plan.
• Oversee the work of the Programme Officer especially in programme implementation.
• In collaboration with the Programme Manager and Accounts Office, make programme cash budget projections and requests against activities.
• In consultation with the Programme Manager and Accounts Office, manage programme funds and other resources.
• Monitor the programme and make recommendations for changes when necessary.
• Compile internal narrative programme progress and financial reports as required (weekly, monthly, quarterly, annually) or on demand.
• Organize and maintain momentum of self-advocacy groups in the programme area and increase public relations with other stakeholders.
• Ensure programme accountability to the beneficiaries in all operational districts
• Document best practices and lessons learnt of the programme regularly.
• Compile monthly programme progress reports from the Programme Officer and timely submit to the Programme Coordinator (based in Sumbawanga).
• Report on any irregularities or obstacles which may hamper effective programme implementation to the Programme Manager and IFI coordinators.
• Mainstreaming relevant cross cutting themes in programme implementation e.g. HAP, gender equality, peace, environment, alcohol and drug misuse, HIV/AIDS, religion and religious freedom, and peace and conflict among others
• Assist the accounts department in preparation of periodic and financial reports on programme activities as required by the donor guidelines and respective deadlines.
• Update the IFI Coordinators on the programme status on demand.
• Perform any other duties assigned by the Programme Manager
• Relevant higher education qualification in Education, Development Studies, Social
Sciences or other related fields;
• Technical knowledge and capacity in Project Cycle management;
• Minimum 2 years working experience with Developmental Project/ Programme Management preferably in the area of Special Needs Education/ Inclusive Education in an international NGO, at least 1 year should have been at management level;
• Proven competence and success working with Partners
• Strong English oral and writing skills; experience in writing and reviewing grant proposals and reports;
• High proficiency in computer programmes such as Outlook, Word, Excel, popular online social media, platforms and mobile apps.
Method of Application
Please send us your application letter on email to [email protected] , copy to [email protected] , [email protected] , with the subject line of respective job title with current telephone and email address, current CV with experiences and qualifications. Give minimum of three referees with complete and updated contacts (including telephone number). NATION You do not need to attach any copies of academic and professional credentials at this initial application. Electronic applications should not exceed 2MB. Both female and persons with disabilities are highly encouraged to apply. Only short listed candidate will be contacted. Submission of applications: The qualified candidates are advised to send their application before 10th February 2019 Send your application letter on email to [email protected] , copy to [email protected] , [email protected]