International Aid Services Jobs in Tanzania : Program Officers x4
Welcome to JobwebTanzania.com. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in Tanzania. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to [email protected]
- Company: International Aid Services
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: NGO Jobs in Tanzania
International Aid Services (IAS) is a Christian non-political and non-p’ofitable organization. IAS mission is to save lives, promote self-reliance and dignity through human transformation, going beyond relief and development. International Aid Services Tanzania (IAS TZA) was started and registered as a local not-for-profit making NGO. IAS TZ has two strategic focus areas, namely: Inclusive Education and Strengthening of Civil Society Organizations. On Inclusive Education, IAS TZA works in a consortium called IFI, together with two other organizations, Free Pentecostal Church of Tanzania (FPCT) and Information Centre on Disabilities (ICD). IAS Tanzania is looking for enthusiastic, creative, energetic individuals to fill the following vacant positions:
Location : Sumbawanga, Nkasi, Mpanda and Dodoma
Reporting to : Coordinator/Regional Program Coordinator
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Establishment of Councils of Children with Disability at District land ward levels
• Oversee and facilitate the implementation of programme activities.
• Prepare and submit weekly/monthly/quarterly and annual narrative reports to the Programme Coordinator
• Organize and maintain momentum of self-advocacy groups in the programme area and increase public relations with other stakeholders.
• Prepare and organize meetings and trainings on programme activities in the target districts
• Organize and conduct fact findings missions on disabilities issues and educational rights.
• Administer and proper use of programme funds
• Monitor the programme and make recommendations for changes when necessary.
• Document best practices and lessons learnt of the programme regularly.
• Mainstreaming relevant cross cutting themes in programme implementation e.g. HAP, gender equality, peace, environment, alcohol and drug misuse, HIV/AIDS, religion and religious freedom, and peace and conflict among others
• Update the Programme Coordinator on the programme status on demand.
• Report on any irregularities or obstacles which may hamper effective programme implementation.
• Liaise with the relevant government organs, local authorities, local and international NGOs, CSOs, FBOs and other key strategic partners in IE sector ensuring appropriate communications regarding programme activities in the field
• Perform any other duties assigned by the Programme Coordinator. Desired
• Holder of a Diploma and above in Education, Development Studies, Social Sciences or other related fields;
• Relevant work experience in development projects.
• Vast experience in project planning and management for at least 2 years. An experience in working with children with special needs or a certificate in SNE is an added advantage.
• Speaks and writes English and Kiswahili fluently
• Proficiency in computer applications such as Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, Power Point, etc.
• Experience in working in a cross cultural environment.
How to Apply
Please send us your application letter on email to [email protected] , copy to [email protected] , [email protected] , with the subject line of respective job title with current telephone and email address, current CV with experiences and qualifications. Give minimum of three referees with complete and updated contacts (including telephone number). NATION You do not need to attach any copies of academic and professional credentials at this initial application. Electronic applications should not exceed 2MB. Both female and persons with disabilities are highly encouraged to apply. Only short listed candidate will be contacted. Submission of applications: The qualified candidates are advised to send their application before 10th February 2019 Send your application letter on email to [email protected] , copy to [email protected] , [email protected]