International Aid Services Jobs in Tanzania : Program Coordinator
Welcome to JobwebTanzania.com. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in Tanzania. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to [email protected]
- Company: International Aid Services
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: NGO Jobs in Tanzania
International Aid Services (IAS) is a Christian non-political and non-profitable organization. IAS mission is to save lives, promote self-reliance and dignity through human transformation, going beyond relief and development. International Aid Services Tanzania (IAS TZA) was started and registered as a local not-for-profit making NGO. IAS TZ has two strategic focus areas, namely: Inclusive Education and Strengthening of Civil Society Organizations. On Inclusive Education, IAS TZA works in a consortium called IFI, together with two other organizations, Free Pentecostal Church of Tanzania (FPCT) and Information Centre on Disabilities (ICD). IAS Tanzania is looking for enthusiastic, creative, energetic individuals to fill the following vacant positions:
Job Title: Program Coordinator
Location: Rukwa and Katavi Regions (based in Sumbawanga)
Reporting to: Programme Manager – IAS Tanzania
Duties and Responsibilities:
Programme Planning and Implementation
• In collaboration with the Programme Manager and IFI Coordinators, develop other project ideas; write concept papers, and assist in proposals writing with focus on Inclusive Education.
• Plan and implement activities according to the programme proposal, log frame and work plan.
• Oversee the work of the field programme officers and supervise them in programme implementation.
• In collaboration with the Programme Manager and Accounts Office, make programme cash budget projections and requests against activities.
• In consultation with the Programme Manager and Accounts Office, manage programme funds and other resources.
• Ensure funds are released to the Programme Officers and assess utilization towards programme activities
• Compile internal narrative programme progress and financial reports as required (weekly, monthly, quarterly, annually) or on demand.
• Organize and maintain momentum of self-advocacy groups in the programme area and increase public relations with other stakeholders.
• Mainstreaming relevant cross cutting themes in programme implementation e.g. HAP, gender equality, peace, environment, alcohol and drug misuse, HIV/AIDS, religion and religious freedom, and peace and conflict among others
• Assist the accounts department in preparation of periodic and financial reports on programme activities as required by the donor guidelines and respective deadlines.
• Update the IFI Coordinators on the programme status on demand. Programme Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning
• Monitor the programme and make recommendations for changes when necessary.
• In collaboration with the Programme Manager and IFI Coordinators organize and implement internal and external evaluations.
• Ensure programme accountability to the beneficiaries in all operational districts
• Document best practices and lessons learnt of the programme regularly.
• Develop new research initiatives that will benefit all programme members through dissemination of the findings and lessons learnt
• Organise and support the operations research including data collection, processing, analysis and reporting
• Report on any irregularities or obstacles which may hamper effective programme implementation to the Programme Manager and IFI coordinators.
• Compile monthly programme progress reports from Programme Officers (including those located in Dodoma) and timely submit to the Programme Manager
• Perform any other duties assigned by the Programme Manager
• Relevant higher education qualification in Education, Development Studies, Social Sciences or other related fields;
• Proven competence in Monitoring, Evaluation, and Research
• Technical knowledge and capacity in Project Cycle management;
• Minimum 2 years working experience with Developmental Project/ Programme Management preferably in the area of Special Needs Education/ Inclusive Education in an international NGO, at least 1 year should have been at management level;
• Proven competence and success working with Partners
• Strong English oral and writing skills; experience in writing and reviewing grant proposals and reports;
• High proficiency in computer programmes such as Outlook, Word, Excel, popular online social media, platforms and mobile apps.
How to Apply
Please send us your application letter on email to [email protected] , copy to [email protected] , [email protected] , with the subject line of respective job title with current telephone and email address, current CV with experiences and qualifications. Give minimum of three referees with complete and updated contacts (including telephone number). You do not need to attach any copies of academic and professional credentials at this initial application. Electronic applications should not exceed 2MB. Both female and persons with disabilities are highly encouraged to apply. Only short listed candidate will be contacted. Submission of applications: The qualified candidates are advised to send their application before 10th February 2019 Send your application letter on email to [email protected] , copy to [email protected] , [email protected]