International Aid Services Jobs in Tanzania : Assistant Programme Manager
Welcome to JobwebTanzania.com. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in Tanzania. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to [email protected]
- Company: International Aid Services
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: NGO Jobs in Tanzania
International Aid Services (IAS) is a Christian non-political and non-p’ofitable organization. IAS mission is to save lives, promote self-reliance and dignity through human transformation, going beyond relief and development. International Aid Services Tanzania (IAS TZA) was started and registered as a local not-for-profit making NGO. IAS TZ has two strategic focus areas, namely; Inclusive Education and Strengthening of Civil Society Organizations. On Inclusive Education, IAS TZA works in a consortium called IFI, together with two other organizations, Free Pentecostal Church of Tanzania (FPCT) and Information Centre on Disabilities (ICD). IAS Tanzania is looking for enthusiastic, creative, energetic individuals to fill the following vacant positions: Job Title: Assistant Programme Manager
Location: Arusha Region
Reporting to: Programme Manager – IAS Tanzania
Duties and Responsibilities:
• To be the assistant to the Programme Manager on programme/project proposal preparation; planning and reporting.
• To plan and supervise the implementation of organizational programmes.
• To make follow-ups of activities implemented in the operational areas.
• To advise the Programme Manager on all matters related to the organization and its programs.
• To identify programme challenges and facilitate identification of appropriate solutions
• Ensure that monitoring and evaluation of programmes/projects is executed accordingly including management of programme database
• Compile monthly/quarterly and annual programme’s progress reports and ensure timely delivery of the same to the management, and MEAL Coordinator. Ensure functioning of a strong, effective and coordinated Programme’s technical team.
• Ensure effective networking and linkages of IAS Tanzania with other development actors.
• Organize and maintain momentum of self-advocacy groups in the programme area and increase public relations with other stakeholders.
• Perform any other appropriate duties as may be assigned by the Programme Manager or Country Director.
We are seeking an individual with direct experience in successful project management and working with children with diverse needs with relevant graduate-level education and experience. In addition, the general qualifications for this position are:
• Undergraduate degree or higher in Education, Development Studies, Social Sciences or other related fields.
• At least three years’ experience working at senior level on programme management.
• Experience in working on disability issues will be of added advantage.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills in both Kiswahili and English and the ability to work with colleagues and partners of varied backgrounds and experience.
• Excellent in project proposal writing project planning and reporting skills
• Excellent advocacy; leadership and supervisory skills.
How to Apply
Please send us your application letter on email to [email protected] , copy to [email protected] , [email protected] , with the subject line of respective job title with current telephone and email address, current CV with experiences and qualifications. Give minimum of three referees with complete and updated contacts (including telephone number). You do not need to attach any copies of academic and professional credentials at this initial application. Electronic applications should not exceed 2MB. Both female and persons with disabilities are highly encouraged to apply. The qualified candidates are advised to send their application before 10th February 2019 Send your application letter on email to [email protected] , copy to [email protected] , [email protected]