Internal Auditor at Magu Urban Water Supply And Sanitation Authority
Welcome to JobwebTanzania.com. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in Tanzania. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to [email protected]
- Company: Magu Urban Water Supply And Sanitation Authority
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Tanzania Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Accounting Jobs in Tanzania
The successful candidate will report to the Managing Director of Magu urban water supply and sanitation authority.
- Academic Qualifications, Age Limit and Work Experience
- Holder of Bachelor Degree in Accounting, Finance & Management
- Registered with NBAA as a Professional Auditor
- He or she should have a working experience of at least one year (1) in a relevant field.
- Age between 18 and 45 years.
4.2 Duties and Responsibilities
- To advise the Managing Director on audit issues
- To Head Internal Audit Unit responsible for providing an Independentappraisal of the effectiveness of financial control systems and compliance with Authority’s policies.
- To advise the Authority Management on the soundness and adequacy of existing Operational, Accounting, and Financial Controls.
- To ensure the Authority complies with sound internal audit principles and best practices
- To carry out continuous reviews of financial and accounting systems in operation in the Authority and ensures they are adequate, effective and conform to the provision of financial regulations and accounting procedures.
- To perform audit of Authority’s accounts and transactions
- To audit invoices and local purchase orders
- To carry out special assignment for sample investigations
- To report on time any suspected occurrences of dishonesty to the Managing Director
- To advise on changes needing update or otherwise change financial manuals, financial policies, regulations and procedures
- To evaluate internal controls to ensure the accounting systems provide adequate, timely and accurate information to protect against losses caused by negligence, dishonesty or otherwise
- To verify Authority’s incomes and proper banking of the same and satisfies that expenditure is properly incurred according to approved policy and financial regulations
- To prepare monthly, quarterly and annual audit progress reports
- To conduct checks and investigates all books of accounts and liaise with extenal auditors.
- To review budget control system of the Authority
- To issue periodic reports on timely basis summarizing the audit functions to the Managing Director.
4.3 Tenure of Appointment and Remuneration
- According to MAUWASA Salary Scale: MWAS 5/ TGS D Appointment will be on unspecified period of time.
How to ApplyGENERAL CONDITIONS
- All applicants must be citizens of Tanzania.
- Applicants must attach an up-to date Curriculum Vitae (CV) with reliable contacts, postal address, E-mail and telephone/mobile numbers.
- Applicants should indicate names and contact addresses of at least three referees.
- Applicants must attach their relevant copies of academic certificates, professional certificates and birth certificates.
- Only short listed candidates will be contacted for an interview.
- Testimonials and results slips and statement of results are not accepted
Applications should be addressed to the undersigned as registered mails by postal office, EMS or any other courier, so as to reach the undersigned not later than 14th October, 2019.
MAGU URBAN WATER SUPPLY AND SANITATIONAUTHORITY
P.O. Box 52,