Individual Consultant -Voluntary Male Medical Circumcision Analyst at UNICEF
Welcome to JobwebTanzania.com. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in Tanzania. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to [email protected]
- Company: UNICEF
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Tanzania Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Consulting Jobs in Tanzania
- Assess and document the implementation of the pilot VMMC service in Dar es Salaam region.
- Conduct stakeholder meetings and develop a dissemination plan for the VMMC sustainability implementation manual.
- Conduct stakeholder meetings and develop a monitoring plan for the implementation of the VMMC sustainability implementation manual.
- Share and present the reports at the VMMC technical working group meetings and incorporate any feedback.
- Assess and document UNICEF’s support (2016-2019) provided to the National VMMC program and identify strengths and future opportunities.
Tasks, deliverables and timeframe
- Inception report. This report is based on extensive consultations with UNICEF, NACP, VMMC technical working group, Development Partners and other relevant partners in the four focus regions. The inception report will include the proposed data collection methodology, relevant analytical frameworks, and the provisional outline and timelines of the products to be delivered under the assignment
- Draft analytical report on the implementation of the VMMC pilot project in Dar es Salaam Region.
- One human interest story on UNICEF support to VMMC
- Draft VMMC sustainability manual dissemination plan
- Draft score card to monitor the implementation of the VMMC sustainability manual
- Draft analytical report which assesses and documents the overall UNICEF support to the national VMMC programme.
- Final VMMC sustainability manual dissemination plan
- Final score card for monitoring the implementation of the VMMC sustainability manual
- Final analytical report on UNICEF’s support to the national VMMC programme, including strengths, lessons and recommendations for the future
The individual contract will be supervised by the Senior HIV AIDS specialist from the CAIDS section in UNICEF Tanzania. The consultant will closely work with UNICEF to ensure adequate involvement of partners and to facilitate the work of the management and advisory groups.
General conditions and logistics
- Consultants will be working from home and when necessary from the UNICEF office with some in-country travel for consultative meetings with NACP and VMMC implementing partners. He/She will have scheduled regular in-personal meeting with senior HIV specialist to track progress.
- Consultants should be well equipped with the IT equipment’s and should have own laptop including other office supplies
- Consultants will be paid on deliverables and not paid for sick days or days off
- Travel costs of the consultant for work purposes will be agreed and covered by UNICEF. The consultancy is expected to involve 4-5 trips to Dodoma for approx. each 3 days to consult with the NACP and the National Technical Working Group.
- All deliverables provided to UNICEF must be furnished for the use without any additional fees. All materials will be owned exclusively by UNICEF. The consultant will not use or allow the use of the materials for any purpose other than UNICEF performance of the contract without the prior written consent of UNICEF.
To qualify as an advocate for every child you will have…
- Advanced degree in public health or a related field
- At least (5) years progressive experience in VMMC programmes with a good understanding of the HIV prevention programme landscape in Tanzania.
- The consultant should be familiar with:
- Tanzanian HIV guidelines and the implementation of training, mentorship and supportive supervision for HIV/AIDS prevention programming including the VMMC service package.
- VMMC sustainability road map and the implementation manual
- HIV/AIDS decentralized systems from the National, Local Governments Authorities (Regional and Districts)
- Multiple stakeholders involved in the support and implementation of Adolescent HIVAIDS prevention particularly VMMC in Tanzania including experience working with both local and international HIV implementing partners.
- Proven evidence in developing knowledge products through a consultative process.
- Preferably practical experience in the development of guidelines and training materials for adolescent’s HIV prevention and SRH programing.
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Excellent command of spoken and written English and Swahili
- Whenever possible, bidder should be requested to provide an all-inclusive cost in the financial proposal. Bidder should be reminded to factor in all cost implications for the required service / assignment
- When travel is expected as part of the assignment, it shall be clearly specified (e.g. location, duration, number of journeys …etc.) in the TOR. Bidder shall be required to include the estimate cost of travel in the financial proposal. It is essential to clarify in the TOR that i) travel cost shall be calculated based on economy class travel, regardless of the length of travel and ii) costs for accommodation, meals and incidentals shall not exceed applicable daily subsistence allowance (DSA) rates, as promulgated by the International Civil Service Commission (ICSC).
- Unexpected travels shall also be treated as above
- Resources and facilities to be provided by UNICEF; e.g. access to printer, office space…etc.
For every Child, you demonstrate…
UNICEF’s core values of Commitment, Diversity and Integrity and core competencies in Communication, Working with People and Drive for Results.
The competencies required for this post are….
View our competency framework at
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages all candidates, irrespective of gender, nationality, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of the organization.
UNICEF has a zero-tolerance policy on conduct that is incompatible with the aims and objectives of the United Nations and UNICEF, including sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination. UNICEF also adheres to strict child safeguarding principles. All selected candidates will, therefore, undergo rigorous reference and background checks, and will be expected to adhere to these standards and principles.
Opening Date Thu Oct 10 2019 09:00:00 GMT+0300 (East Africa Time) E. Africa Standard Time Closing Date Thu Oct 24 2019 23:55:00 GMT+0300 (East Africa Time)