IITA Jobs in Tanzania : Executive Assistant – Directors Office
Welcome to JobwebTanzania.com. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in Tanzania. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to [email protected]
- Company: IITA
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Tanzania
Background: The International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA) is a not-for-profit institution that generates agricultural innovations to meet Africa’s most pressing challenges of hunger, malnutrition, poverty, and natural resource degradation. Working with various partners across sub-Saharan Africa, we improve livelihoods, enhance food and nutrition security, increase employment, and preserve natural resource integrity. IITA is a member of CGIAR, a global agriculture research partnership for a food secure future
IITA is seeking for a highly dynamic and qualified Executive Assistant to work in the Directors office.The Executive Assistant will have the responsibility of providing programmatic support to the Director of Eastern Africa hub and Social Sciences and Agribusiness program as well as manage the Office as required by the Hub Director. The Executive Assistant also provides project administration support to the Eastern Africa Hub (EAH) projects.
Duty Station: The position will be based at the IITA Regional Hub for Eastern Africa in Dar es Salaam, Tanzania. Responsibilities
The Executive Assistant will perform the following duties, among others:
- Office Administration
- Serve as Executive Assistant to the EAH Director which entails managing his calendar (meetings, travels, appointments)
- Maintain portfolios of relevant information pertaining to the EA hub directorate including but not limited to strategy documents, information on projects mapped to the hub etc.
- Assist the director in the preparation of presentations (speeches, PowerPoint presentations, etc.)
- Filing and archiving for easy retrieving of documents/information
- Collate the R4D monthly Hub Report in collaboration with the EAH Communication officer
- Support the Director and Project Leaders in proposal development specifically budget development and completing PDAU project initiation forms when required.
- Work with project leaders and finance team in ensuring correctness of donor financial reports as well as to facilitate timely submission of both technical and financial donor reports.
- Liaise with project leaders in the hub to ensure timely submission of partner reports (technical and financial) to PDAU.
- Any other duties as assigned by the Hub Director
- Program management
- Participate in the implementation of EA hub and Social Science and Agribusiness program strategies as will be required by the Director
- Follow up with staff in the hub on publication plans and status throughout the year to ensure the team can meet targets.
- Coordinate EA hub directorate contribution to the institute’s annual reports
- Generate and provide information relating to EA hub directorate as requested for both internal and external audiences
- Work with the EAH Communication Officer as necessary to ensure EAH information is up-to-date and relevant.
- Work with Project Development and Administration Unit (PDAU) to follow up for updated information on projects in the EA Hub
Criteria for Success / Qualifications
- The candidate should have an MSc in Business Administration with knowledge on Program Management or related field
- At least 3 years’ experience in a similar or related position
- High writing skills and familiar with Microsoft work
- Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision, but also participate as a team member in accomplishment of duties.
- Basic accounting knowledge
- Knowledge of French language will be an added advantage
- Strong attention to detail and maintaining a timely and efficient work flow.
- A positive attitude and strong service orientation.
- Possess excellent interpersonal and communication skills, good judgement and a high level of respect for confidentiality.
- Ability to work and deliver under pressure
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural environment.
- Experience with an international organization will be an added advantage
- Commitment to IITA’s mission and core values.
The initial contract for the position is two years with possibility of renewal. This is a nationally recruited position and IITA offers a competitive remuneration package.
How to Apply
Applications including curriculum vitae, copies of certificates, telephone number, email address, and names and addresses of two referees should be sent to the Country Representative, IITA-Tanzania, Plot No. 25, Mwenge – Coca-Cola Road, Mikocheni Industrial Area P.O. Box 34441, Dar es Salaam, Tanzania or by email to [email protected].
Applicants are requested to please indicate the reference number for the position as indicated on the heading of the announcement in your application as well as on the subject of your email if sending by email. If sending by post or hand delivery, please indicate the reference number on your application as well as on the left hand side of your envelope. Please note that any applications without the reference number indicated will be automatically disqualified.
APPLY TO: [email protected]
Closing date: Two weeks from the date of advertisement appearing in the newspaper.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.