Ifakara Health Institute Jobs in Tanzania : Research Assistant x2
Welcome to JobwebTanzania.com. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in Tanzania. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to [email protected]
- Company: Ifakara Health Institute
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Tanzania
Recruitment Station: IHI Dar es Salaam Office with field travels to HIA4SD study mining projects
Reports to: Research Officer
IHI is looking for Research Assistants (Data Collectors) to fill vacant positions in the HIA4SD project to assist with collecting quantitative and qualitative data for field components of the project.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Support recruitment of local level data collectors in study sites.
• Support training of local level data collectors for 2-3 days.
• Map data collection process, and identify study participants in respective study sites.
• Support community sensitization engagement with local leaders and stakeholders in study sites.
• Assist PhD student in setting up interviews, finding study participants and engaging with local leaders and stakeholders.
• Conduct and oversee quantitative and qualitative data collection in study sites.
• Lead and oversee data entry, transcription and translation of qualitative data.
• Ensure the participants’ privacy and confidentiality are maintained.
• Undertake any other tasks that the supervisor shall reasonably require from time to time.
Qualification and Experience
• Bachelor degree, preferably in related field.
Skills and Competences
• Ability to use computer for data entry.
• Ability to work under minimum supervision but also within a team.
• Good/excellent writing and verbal communication skills.
• Excellent attention to details.
• Adhere to IHI core values (Transparency, Accountability, Respect, Integrity and Initiative).
An attractive and competitive remuneration package will be offered to a successful candidate as per IHI salary scales.
How to Apply
All candidates who meet the above job requirements should send their application letters together with their detailed curriculum vitae (CVs) showing contact addresses including email, telephone/cell phone numbers and copies of academic and professional certificates to the address below. The deadline for this application is 1700hrs Monday, February 21 2019. Please, indicate on the application envelope or email subject line the position you are applying for: e.g. RESEARCH ASSISTANT. Please, also note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interview: Human Resources Manager, Ifakara Health Institute, Kiko Avenue, Mikocheni, P. o. Box 78373, Dar es Salaam. Email: [email protected]