Ifakara Health Institute Jobs in Tanzania : Office Assistant
Welcome to JobwebTanzania.com. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in Tanzania. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to [email protected]
- Company: Ifakara Health Institute
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Mtwara
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Tanzania
Position: Office Assistant (1 post)
Reports to: Site Supervisor
Job Nature: Contract
Location: Mtwara – IHI Site Office
Apply by: March 28, 2019
Ifakara Health Institute (IHI) is a leading research organization in Africa with a strong track record in developing, testing and validating innovations for health. Driven by a core strategic mandate for research, training and services, the Institute’s work now spans a wide spectrum, covering biomedical and ecological sciences, intervention studies, health-systems research and policy translation.
IHI is looking for an Office Assistant to fill a vacant position at the IHI Mtwara Site Office. She/he will
be responsible for handling all day to day activities of the office.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Clean the office, washrooms and the compound surrounding the office.
• Distribute official letters/documents as per supervisor’s instructions.
• Photocopy official documents as needed.
• Support data entry.
• Prepare office tea/coffee and wash the dishes.
• Undertake any other tasks that the supervisor shall reasonably require from time to time.
Qualification and Experience
• Form IV/VI, preferably with a certificate in secretarial duties.
• At least two years of work experience.
Skills and Competences
• Ability to use computer for data entry.
• Ability to work under minimum supervision but also within a team.
• Good/excellent writing and verbal communication skills.
• Excellent attention to detail.
• Adhere to IHI core values (Transparency, Accountability, Respect, Integrity and Initiative).
An attractive and competitive remuneration package will be offered to a successful candidate as per IHI salary scales.
IHI is an equal opportunity employer. We prohibit intentional biases or discrimination and harassment of any kind at the work place and during recruitment. All recruitment decisions are based solely on job requirements and individual qualifications, and our recruitment process is governed by the labour laws of Tanzania.
How to Apply
All candidates who meet the above job requirements should send their application letters together with their detailed curriculum vitae (CVs) showing contact addresses including email, telephone/cell phone numbers and copies of academic and professional certificates to the address below. The deadline for this application is 1700hrs, March 28 2019.
Please, indicate on the application envelope or email subject line the position you are applying for: OFFICE ASSISTANT.
Please, note: Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted for interview
Human Resources Manager, Ifakara Health Institute, Kiko Avenue, Mikocheni, P. o. Box 78373, Dar es Salaam. Email: [email protected]