ICAP Jobs in Tanzania : Mobile Truck Driver x3
Welcome to JobwebTanzania.com. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in Tanzania. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to [email protected]
- Company: ICAP
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Tanzania
ICAP at Columbia University is a Non-Governmental Organization affiliated with Columbia University’s Mailman School of Public Health (MSPH) registered in Tanzania as MSPH Tanzania LLC since February 2005 (SO No. 12987). ICAP currently operates in nine regions across Tanzania and employs over 200 people to deliver public health interventions in close collaboration with the Ministry of Health, Community Development, Gender, Elderly, and Children (MoHCDGEC) and the National AIDS Control Program (NACP).
Since October 2016, ICAP has been receiving PEPFAR funding from Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) for a 5-year project delivering HIV interventions as the community implementing partner. Known in country as the FIKIA Project and currently in Year 3 of 5 for implementation, the project provides community-based HIV prevention interventions including HIV testing to key and vulnerable populations (KVP). The goal of FIKIA is to accelerate, expand, and improve the quality of comprehensive community-based HIV prevention services to KVP in order to achieve epidemic control. FIKIA implementation spans a total of 46 districts across nine regions (including Kagera, Kigoma, Mwanza, Geita, Simiyu, Mara, Pwani, Tanga, and Dar es Salaam), aiming to deliver essential HIV interventions to nearly 1 million people each year.
ICAP is now seeking to fill the below positions with competent and dynamic individuals for the FIKIA project:
Position Title: Mobile Truck Drivers (3 positions) (Re-advertised)
Reports to: Fleet Supervisor
Location: Dar es Salaam (with travel to Pwani and Tanga) Mwanza (with travel to Mara and Simiyu) Kagera (with travel to Geita and Kigoma)
Travel: Up to 90% in intervention districts
Overall Job Function:
The Mobile Truck Driver will be responsible to drive ICAP Mobile Truck as directed in the most efficient, safest, and professional way possible providing services to staff and its clients. He shall be in charge of the truck ensuring all the installed equipment are safely preserved.
Specific Responsibilities and Duties:
• Drive long distance with ICAP staff when required and adhere with the SOPs, rules, and regulations.
• Ensure that the truck is always clean and in good order and all the documentation e.g. insurance and road license is up to date.
• Perform routine truck inspection and maintenance including checking oil, fuel, brakes, lights, windshield wipers, waters, and tire pressures.
• Keep track of maintenance record of the truck to ensure that the service schedule is adhered to and to remind the employer in advance when truck’s service is due.
• Provide information and other general assistance to the ICAP staff and its clients.
• Maintain records of work performed and fill all necessary forms, make timely reports of accidents, incidents, and unusual occurrences.
• Ensure necessary steps are taken as required by rules and regulations in case of involvement in an accident.
• Abide by all ICAP rules and regulations.
• Perform miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned by Supervisor.
Required Minimum Qualifications, Knowledge and Skills:
• Form Four (IV) graduate or higher education is desirable.
• PSV Certificate from the National Institute of Transport (NIT) is an added advantage.
• At least four (4) years’ experience of successful long-distance truck driving both in towns and upcountry regions.
• Basic knowledge of automobiles and the ability to make minor repairs and perform preventive maintenance.
• Have valid driving license, registration, and valid permits at all times.
• Good written and spoken English and Kiswahili.
• Experience (of at least 2 years) of working with donor organizations.
How to Apply
Qualified applicants should send their cover letter and CV by 01st March 2019 via email to [email protected] mentioning in the subject line the Position Title and Job Location. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted. Please do NOT attach any certificates when submitting online. ICAP is an equal opportunity employer; women are encouraged to apply. Email to [email protected]