I-TECH Jobs in Tanzania : Program & Training Coordinator
Welcome to JobwebTanzania.com. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in Tanzania. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to [email protected]
- Company: I-TECH
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: NGO Jobs in Tanzania
The International Training and Education Center for Health (l-TECH) is a center in the University of Washington’s Department of Global Health that works in partnership with the University of California, San Francisco. I-TECH has projects in more than 20 countries, and its worldwide staff work with local ministries of health, universities, non-governmental organizations, medical facilities, and other partners to support efficient, welordered health care systems that provide high quality care to al citizens.
In recent years Tanzania has made significant progress in the fight against the HIV epidemic. The Government of Tanzania is working towards the UNAIDS 90-90-90 targets to HIV achieve epidemic control. These targets aim to have 90% of PLHIV know their status, 90% of PLHIV who know their status are on ART, and 90% of those on ART are virally suppressed.
In October 2016, the Government of Tanzania adopted the World Health Organization’s (WHO) “Treat Al” recommendations. Coupled with the Government of Tanzania’s acceptance of the UNAIDS 90-90-90 targets, this represents a significant commitment to the fight against HIV in Tanzania. To operationalize these recommendations, the government of Tanzania with the technical assistance from l-TECH is implementing Differentiated Service Delivery Models (DSDMs) for HIV care. DSDMs is a client-centred HIV care, based on the International AIDS Society Decision Framework, aim to improve quality of HIV services while reducing the burden on the health system.
l-TECH Tanzania is inviting interested highly qualified Tanzanians to fill in the following short-term contracts (6 months April-September 2019) to based in Dar es Salaam with 50% local travel time and requiring early morning/evening conference cals with coleagues across multiple time zones, including with colleagues in Seattle (USA):
Job Title: Program & Training Coordinator
Reports to: Senior Program Specialist
Location: Dar es Salaam, Tanzania with up to 30% domestic travel
The Program & Training Coordinator is a member of the Technical Program Staff. S/He wil work closely with program and technical staff at l-TECH Tanzania and at HQ to support training-related projects and Technical Working group meetings in Tanzania and handle all logistics needed in the implementation of DSDMs related activities. The position will be supervised by the Senior Program Specialist.
The Program & Training Coordinator wil be responsible for the followings:
Coordination of Program Activities
- Support technical teams in strategic program planning
- Support the organization, logistical coordination, and implementation of training-related activities (including meetings, training workshops, technical working groups, etc.)
- Support development and production of training materials
- Fdow-up with participants and institutions to confirm attendance.
- Provide logistical backup and support during training/Meeting events, including processing of attendance sheet for per diem and transport reimbursements through M-PESA.
- Coordinate the printing, shipping/transporting and maintaining of adequate supplies of training materials.
- Perform quality assurance of training/meeting materials prior to trainings or meetings.
Delivery of Training
- Note changes needed to the training packages and assist the training team to incorporate changes into curricula.
- Work collaboratively with l-TECH staff to plan and implement trainings, revise materials, and monitor trainings.
- Assist with the implementation training of trainers (TOTs) for al program areas, including facilitating sessions, as appropriate.
- Assist with the implementation of HIV content trainings.
Monitoring & Evaluation:
- Enter data into Train-SMART
- Ensure the quality of training data when collecting participant and facilitator information at trainings, and when training data is being entered into Train-SMART.
- Monitor and assist with the completion of training/activity reports.
Other duties as assigned by the supervisor (5%)
- Bachelor’s degree in education, social or health-related field.
- Experience in facilitation of training courses for adults.
- Advanced computer skils – Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel.
- Strong written English and Swahili skills-grammar, vocabulary, clarity
- Outstanding organizational skils and attention to detail
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Ability to work with health care providers in rural areas with limited resources as well as with senior government officials, Ministries and other senior level staff from partner organizations
- Positive attitude, strong team player, ability to juggle multiple competing demands with good humor and grace
- Knowledge of adult learning theory
- Experience in coordination of trainings, meetings and workshop
- Experience using participatory methodology and techniques in design and facilitation of training courses
- Experience with health-related topics, issues and chalenges. especially related to work in resource-limited settings.
- Commitment to building personal and organizational capacity, and to mentoring others
- Ability to respond effectively to urgent requests and to priorities
Other duties as assigned (5%)
Perform other duties as assigned by the l-TECH Tanzania Country Representative
How to Apply
Interested candidates are invited to send their cover letters, Curriculum Vitae with names and reliable contact details of 3 work related references, enclosing certificate copies of relevant education and training. Please send your application indicating on the subject the position you are applying to [email protected] by 13th March 2019 at 5pm.
Only candidates meeting the minimum requirements will be contacted. If you have not heard from us within two weeks after closing date, kindly assume that your application was not successful.
Note: l-TECH is an equal opportunity employer