I-TECH Jobs in Tanzania : DSDMs Technical Advisor
Welcome to JobwebTanzania.com. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in Tanzania. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to [email protected]
- Company: I-TECH
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Engineering Jobs in Tanzania
The International Training and Education Center for Health (l-TECH) is a center in the University of Washington’s Department of Global Health that works in partnership with the University of California, San Francisco. I-TECH has projects in more than 20 countries, and its worldwide staff work with local ministries of health, universities, non-governmental organizations, medical facilities, and other partners to support efficient, welordered health care systems that provide high quality care to al citizens.
In recent years Tanzania has made significant progress in the fight against the HIV epidemic. The Government of Tanzania is working towards the UNAIDS 90-90-90 targets to HIV achieve epidemic control. These targets aim to have 90% of PLHIV know their status, 90% of PLHIV who know their status are on ART, and 90% of those on ART are virally suppressed.
In October 2016, the Government of Tanzania adopted the World Health Organization’s (WHO) “Treat Al” recommendations. Coupled with the Government of Tanzania’s acceptance of the UNAIDS 90-90-90 targets, this represents a significant commitment to the fight against HIV in Tanzania. To operationalize these recommendations, the government of Tanzania with the technical assistance from l-TECH is implementing Differentiated Service Delivery Models (DSDMs) for HIV care. DSDMs is a client-centred HIV care, based on the International AIDS Society Decision Framework, aim to improve quality of HIV services while reducing the burden on the health system.
l-TECH Tanzania is inviting interested highly qualified Tanzanians to fill in the following short-term contracts (6 months April-September 2019) to based in Dar es Salaam with 50% local travel time and requiring early morning/evening conference cals with coleagues across multiple time zones, including with colleagues in Seattle (USA):
Job Title: DSDMs Technical Advisor
Reports to: Country Representative
The DSDMs Technical Advisor is the implementation lead for DSDMs project in the l-TECH Tanzania Country Office.
The DSDMs Technical Advisor is responsible for ensuring the overal quality, accuracy, and timeliness of activities
associated with this technical area. The DSDMs Technical Advisor wil be supervised by the Country Representative
and will work in close elaboration with other technical team members in Tanzania and at headquarters.
The DSDMs Technical Advisor wil be responsible for the folowings:
Technical Assistance, Collaboration, and Support (60%)
- Support the Country Representative in implementing program activities in collaboration with Ministry of Health, Community Development, Gender, Elderly and Children (MOHCDGEC), Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), Funder and other Implementing Partners
- Provide technical assistance to the MOHCDGEC, CDC, and other stakeholders on DSDMs approaches in Tanzania
- Represent l-TECH at technical meetings and consultative meetings with key experts in DSDMs, IPs, CSOs, PLHlVs and other stakeholders working or piloting different service delivery models in their respective working stations, facilities, districts and regions
- Revise training manuals, slides, and other materials and tools
- Lead trainings covering topics related to HIV testing and treatment, DSDMs, TB/HIV and PMTCT services
- Provide technical support and folow-up to R/CHMTs, IPs and health facilities implementing differentiated HTS, ART, TB/HIV and PMTCT services
- Provide ongoing mentoring and supportive supervision for differentiated HTS, ART, TB/HIV and PMTCT services to R/CHMTs and HCPs
- Use data colection tools for health facility assessments and qualitative interviews, in collaboration with monitoring and evaluation (M&E) team
- Cdlect HIV relate data, and summarize results: including desk reviews of relevant national and international HIV policy and standard of care documents, health facility assessments
- Write technical reports
Program Management (20%)
- Plan, organize, and implement high-quality project activities in a timely and on-budget manner
- Proactively colaborate with the MOHCDGEC, the CDC, and other stakeholders to implement project activities
- Develop annual project work plan folowing consultations with l-TECH coleagues, MOHCDGEC, CDC, and other stakeholders/donors
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge regarding DSDMs, and HIV treatment approaches worldwide and in Tanzania and ensures project activities’ relevance in light of the strategic direction for achieving 90-90-90 targets and Treat al as communicated by MOHCDGEC, CDC. and other stakeholders/donors.
- Develop reports to l-TECH headquarters and funders in collaboration with the M&E team and Senior Program Specialist
- Respond to ad-hoc reporting requests from funders and stakeholders
Budget Management (5%)
- Assist the Country Representative in annual budget development for the DSDMs, projects
- Implement DSDMs project activities based on the agreed upon activity budget and the most recent forecast based on USG funding requirements for allowable, allocable and reasonable costs associated with the project
- Review monthly DSDMs expenditure report for overal accuracy and allocation; note any corrections and changes to the forecast budget for follow-up by the finance team
- Discuss monthly with the Country Representative/Senior Program Manager and Senior Program Specialist any needed budget reprogramming
Other duties as assigned (5%)
Perform other duties as assigned by the l-TECH Tanzania Country Representative.
- Master’s Degree or higher in Medicine, public health or other related field or a clinical degree with at least 5 years of experience in clinical medicine and/or public health program implementation
- Demonstrated strong writing skils (writing sample required)
- Demonstrated dear and concise persuasive oral presentation skills
- Experience collecting and analyzing qualitative and quantitative data
- Demonstrated ability to communicate with colleagues from a variety of backgrounds, in a respectful and diplomatic manner
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, politicaly complex, multi-cultural environment where priorities change frequently
- Strong organizational skills, detail-oriented, and sensitive to confidential information
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite (Word. Excel,, and PowerPoint)
- Fluency in English
- Extensive knowledge of DSDMs, ART, PMTCT, TB/HIV, and other HIV testing and treatment approaches in Tanzania or other East and/or Sub-Saharan African countries.
- Extensive clinical experience in ART PMTCT and TB/HIV comprehensive supportive supervision and mentoring
- Experience managing USG and/or donor-funded programs
Experience working for an international organization
How to Apply
Interested candidates are invited to send their cover letters, Curriculum Vitae with names and reliable contact details of 3 work related references, enclosing certificate copies of relevant education and training. Please send your application indicating on the subject the position you are applying to [email protected] by 13th March 2019 at 5pm.
Only candidates meeting the minimum requirements will be contacted. If you have not heard from us within two weeks after closing date, kindly assume that your application was not successful.
Note: l-TECH is an equal opportunity employer