I-TECH Jobs in Tanzania : DSDMs Technical Advisor for HTS and Adherence Counseling services (TA)
Welcome to JobwebTanzania.com. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in Tanzania. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to [email protected]
- Company: I-TECH
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Engineering Jobs in Tanzania
The International Training and Education Center for Health (l-TECH) is a center in the University of Washington’s Department of Global Health that works in partnership with the University of California, San Francisco. I-TECH has projects in more than 20 countries, and its worldwide staff work with local ministries of health, universities, non-governmental organizations, medical facilities, and other partners to support efficient, welordered health care systems that provide high quality care to al citizens.
In recent years Tanzania has made significant progress in the fight against the HIV epidemic. The Government of Tanzania is working towards the UNAIDS 90-90-90 targets to HIV achieve epidemic control. These targets aim to have 90% of PLHIV know their status, 90% of PLHIV who know their status are on ART, and 90% of those on ART are virally suppressed.
In October 2016, the Government of Tanzania adopted the World Health Organization’s (WHO) “Treat Al” recommendations. Coupled with the Government of Tanzania’s acceptance of the UNAIDS 90-90-90 targets, this represents a significant commitment to the fight against HIV in Tanzania. To operationalize these recommendations, the government of Tanzania with the technical assistance from l-TECH is implementing Differentiated Service Delivery Models (DSDMs) for HIV care. DSDMs is a client-centred HIV care, based on the International AIDS Society Decision Framework, aim to improve quality of HIV services while reducing the burden on the health system.
l-TECH Tanzania is inviting interested highly qualified Tanzanians to fill in the following short-term contracts (6 months April-September 2019) to based in Dar es Salaam with 50% local travel time and requiring early morning/evening conference cals with coleagues across multiple time zones, including with colleagues in Seattle (USA):
Job Title: DSDMs Technical Advisor for HTS and Adherence Counseling services (TA)
Reports to: Country Representative
The DSDMs Technical Advisor for HTS and Adherence Counseling services is the Technical personnel responsible for the implementation of the Differentiated HTS related activities at the l-TECH Tanzania Country Office. S/he is responsible for ensuring the overal quality, accuracy, and timeliness of activities associated with this technical area. The Technical Advisor wil be supervised by the Country Representative and will work in close colaboration with the clinical projects, health systems strengthening, technical team members as well as the Technical Officers and the M&E Advisor at headquarters.
The DSDMs Technical Advisor for HTS and Adherence Counseling services wil be responsible for the folowings:
Technical Assistance, Collaboration, and Support (75%)
- Work closely with DSDMs Technical Advisor in implementing program activities in collaboration with Ministry of Health, Community Development, Gender, Elderly and Children (MOHCDGEC), Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), Funder and other Implementing Partners
- Provide technical assistance to the MOHCDGEC/NACP, IPs, and other stakeholders on Differentiated HTS and Adherence Counseling services
- Lead monitoring and evaluation systems to measure effectiveness of Differentiated HTS and Adherence Counseling services
- Act as lead for al training development activities specific to Differentiated HTS and Adherence Counseling
- Provide technical support and follow-up to R/CHMTs, IPs and health facilities implementing Differentiated HTS and Adherence Counseling activities
- Represent l-TECH at technical meetings and consultative meetings with key experts in Service Delivery Models, IPs, CSOs, PLHlVs and other stakeholders working on different service delivery models in their respective working stations, facilities, districts and regions
- Provide ongoing mentoring and supportive supervision for Differentiated HTS and Adherence Counseling services
- Work with DSDMs Technical Advisor to develop data colection tools for health facility assessments and qualitative interviews, in collaboration with monitoring and evaluation (M&E) team
- Work closely with DSDMs Technical Advisor and M and E team to colect HIV related data, and summarize results: including desk reviews of relevant national and international HIV policy and standard of care documents, health facility assessments
- Represent l-TECH at technical meetings and/or technical working group meetings
- Participate in writing technical reports
Program Management (10%)
- Work closely with Technical Staff to Plan, organize, and implement high-quality project activities in a timely and on-budget manner
- Proactively colaborate with the Ministry of Health, Community Development, Gender, Elderly and Children (MoHCDGEC), the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), and other stakeholders to implement project activities
- Work with Technical Staff to Develop annual project work plan folowing consultations with l-TECH colleagues, MoHCDGEC, CDC, and other stakeholders/donors
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge regarding Differentiated HTS and Adherence Counseling services and other prevention approaches in Tanzania and ensure program activities’ relevance in light of the strategic direction for achieving the 90-90-90 targets and Treat All
- Lead al activities in relation to Differentiated HTS and Adherence Counseling services
- Serve as primary focal person for all issues related to Differentiated HTS and Adherence Counseling services
- Work closely with the Training Development Team on projects that involve developing HTS training materials, curriculum, or instructional design component to ensure quality and consistency of l-TECH Tanzania training products
- Work with SDMs Technical Advisor to Develop HTS and Adherence Counseling services project’s section for the quarterly, semi-annual, and annual reports to l-TECH headquarters and funders in colaboration with the Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) team and Senior Program Specialist
- Cdlaborate with SDMs Technical Advisor and M&E team to develop and implement a comprehensive project M&E plan
- Work closely with SDMs Technical Advisor to respond to ad-hoc reporting requests from funders and stakeholders
Technical Assistance, Collaboration, and Support (10%)
- Proactively seek opportunities for collaboration with MoHCDGEC. CDC, and other Implementing Partners
- Provide technical assistance to the MoHCDGEC, CDC, and other stakeholders on, HIV testing Services, and other prevention approaches in Tanzania
- Work closely with the Training Development Team on projects that involve a training, curriculum, or instructional design component to ensure quality and consistency of l-TECH Tanzania training products
- Represent l-TECH at technical meetings and/or technical working group meetings
- Master’s Degree or higher in/Nursing, public health or other related field or a clinical degree with at least 5 years of expenence in clinical medicine and/or public health program implementation
- Demonstrated clear and concise writing and persuasive oral presentation skils
- Demonstrated ability to communicate with colleagues from a variety of backgrounds, in a respectful and diplomatic manner
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, politically complex, multi-cultural environment where priorities change frequently
- Strong organizational skills, detail-oriented, and sensitive to confidential information
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
- Fluency in English and Swahili
- Extensive knowledge of ART, PMTCT, TB/HIV, HIV testing Services, and other HIV prevention approaches in Tanzania or other East and/or Sub-Saharan African countries.
- Extensive clinical expenence in ART, PMTCT and TB/HIV comprehensive supportive supervision and mentoring
- Experience managing USG and/or donor-funded programs
- Experience working for an international organization
How to Apply
Interested candidates are invited to send their cover letters, Curriculum Vitae with names and reliable contact details of 3 work related references, enclosing certificate copies of relevant education and training. Please send your application indicating on the subject the position you are applying to [email protected] by 13th March 2019 at 5pm.
Only candidates meeting the minimum requirements will be contacted. If you have not heard from us within two weeks after closing date, kindly assume that your application was not successful.
Note: l-TECH is an equal opportunity employer