I-TECH Jobs in Tanzania : Distance Education Technical Advisor
Welcome to JobwebTanzania.com. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in Tanzania. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to [email protected]
- Company: I-TECH
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Education/Teaching Jobs in Tanzania
The International Training and Education Center for Health (l-TECH) is a center in the University of Washington’s Department of Global Health that works in partnership with the University of California, San Francisco. I-TECH has projects in more than 20 countries, and its worldwide staff work with local ministries of health, universities, non-governmental organizations, medical facilities, and other partners to support efficient, welordered health care systems that provide high quality care to al citizens.
In recent years Tanzania has made significant progress in the fight against the HIV epidemic. The Government of Tanzania is working towards the UNAIDS 90-90-90 targets to HIV achieve epidemic control. These targets aim to have 90% of PLHIV know their status, 90% of PLHIV who know their status are on ART, and 90% of those on ART are virally suppressed.
In October 2016, the Government of Tanzania adopted the World Health Organization’s (WHO) “Treat Al” recommendations. Coupled with the Government of Tanzania’s acceptance of the UNAIDS 90-90-90 targets, this represents a significant commitment to the fight against HIV in Tanzania. To operationalize these recommendations, the government of Tanzania with the technical assistance from l-TECH is implementing Differentiated Service Delivery Models (DSDMs) for HIV care. DSDMs is a client-centred HIV care, based on the International AIDS Society Decision Framework, aim to improve quality of HIV services while reducing the burden on the health system.
l-TECH Tanzania is inviting interested highly qualified Tanzanians to fill in the following short-term contracts (6 months April-September 2019) to based in Dar es Salaam with 50% local travel time and requiring early morning/evening conference cals with coleagues across multiple time zones, including with colleagues in Seattle (USA):
Job Title: Distance Education Technical Advisor
Reports to: Country Representative
Distance Education Technical Advisor is the technical and implementation lead for Distance Education Project activities for l-TECH Tanzania. S/He is responsible for ensuring the overal quality, accuracy, and timeliness of activities associated with the project and grants assigned. The Distance Education Technical Advisor wil be supervised by the Country Representative and will work in close colaboration with other program team members in country and at headquarter.
The Distance Education Technical Advisor will be responsible for the folowings:
Technical Assistance, Colaboration, and Support (50%)
- Implement project activities in colaboration with Ministry of Health, Community Development, Gender, Elderly and Children (MOHCDGEC), Centre for Distance Education (CDE), Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), and other Implementing Partners
- Provide technical assistance to the MOHCDGEC, CDE, CDC, and other stakeholders on Distance Education implementation and evaluation in Tanzania
- Represent l-TECH at technical and consultative meetings with key experts in Distance Education in Tanzania
- Work with CDE and other implementing partners to help accelerate DE system strengthening and the uptake of new DE technologies for both in-service and pre-service training
- Support the develop of distance/e-learning education courses and evaluation tools for CDE support
- Work with CDE Staff and e-learning Department of Global Health E-Leaming Program (eDGH) to develop and implement e-learning course material
- Providing technical support to CDE Staff, DE tutors and subject matter experts in adapting learning content for e-learning formats
- Write technical activity reports
- Develop and review content for capacity building trainings to CDE staff and DE tutors
- Participating in review and feedback meetings, keeping minutes, and implementing changes to Distance Education products
Project Management (30%)
- Plan, organize, and implement high-quality project activities in a timely and on-budget manner
- Proactively collaborate with the MOHCDGEC, the CDC, CDE and other stakeholders to implement project activities
- Develop annual project work plan following consultations with other l-TECH coleagues, MOHCDGEC, CDE, CDC, and other stakeholders/donors
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge regarding Distance Education and e-learning approaches worldwide and in Tanzania and ensure project activities’ relevance in light of the strategic direction communicated by MOHCDGEC, CDC, and other stakeholders/donors
- Develop reports to l-TECH and funders in collaboration with the M&E team
- Respond to ad-hoc reporting requests from funders and stakeholders
Budget Management (5%)
- Assist the Country Representative in annual budget development for the Distance Education project
- Implement assigned project activities based on the agreed upon activity budget and the most recent forecast based on USG funding requirements for allowable, allocable and reasonable costs associated with the project
- Review monthly program expenditure report for overal accuracy and alocation; note any corrections and changes to the forecast budget for follow-up by the finance team
- Discuss budget on monthly basis with the Country Representative/ Senior Program Manager at HQ and Senior Program Specialist any needed budget reprogramming
Other duties as assigned (5%)
Perform other duties as assigned by the l-TECH Tanzania Country Representative.
- Master’s Degree in public health, Medical Education or other related field or a medicaVEducation degree with at least 5 years of experience in Distance Education and/or public health program implementation
- Extensive knowledge of Distance Education learning, blended learning, e-learning and mobile learning approaches in approaches, preferably in Tanzania or other East and/or Sub-Saharan African countries.
- Experience in using Learning Management Systems such as Canvas, Moodle, Blackboard etc
- Strong project management skills on technology and learning management projects.
- Demonstrated strong writing skills
- Demonstrated clear and concise persuasive oral presentation skills
- Demonstrated cultural competency and ability to communicate with cdleagues from a variety of backgrounds, in a respectful and diplomatic manner
- Ability to work with diverse professionals
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, politically complex, multi-cultural environment where priorities change frequently
- Strong organizational skills, detail-oriented, and sensitive to confidential information
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
- Fluency in English
- Experience using web content management systems (WordPress, Joomla, Drupal).
- Knowledge of web/internet standards, hardware and software technologies, and relational database technologies.
- Extensive experience in training material development
- Experience managing USG and/or donor-funded programs
- Experience working for an International Organization
- Experience working in international program settings.
- Interest in e-Jeaming and health.
How to Apply
Interested candidates are invited to send their cover letters, Curriculum Vitae with names and reliable contact details of 3 work related references, enclosing certificate copies of relevant education and training. Please send your application indicating on the subject the position you are applying to [email protected] by 13th March 2019 at 5pm.
Only candidates meeting the minimum requirements will be contacted. If you have not heard from us within two weeks after closing date, kindly assume that your application was not successful.
Note: l-TECH is an equal opportunity employer