HR Assistant at Danish Refugee Council
Welcome to JobwebTanzania.com. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in Tanzania. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to [email protected]
- Company: Danish Refugee Council
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Kibondo Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Human Resource Management Jobs in Tanzania
The Danish Refugee Council/Danish Demining Group (DRC/DDG) is a humanitarian non-governmental organisation founded in 1956 currently working in more than 30 countries worldwide providing humanitarian assistance to refugees and displaced people and communities threatened by land natural and man-made disasters across the world.
To respond the needs of refugees fleeing from the political crises in Burundi DRC has launched an Emergency respond in two Camps namely Nduta and Mtendeli The project aims to ensure that the crisis-affected populations have improved access to humanitarian services, rights and entitlements..
Purpose of the post
The Human Resources Assistant, supervised by Human Resource and Admin Team Leader, is expected to provide human resources services and super head the implementation of Human Resources policies and procedures in DRC Tanzania as stipulated in the Operation handbook.
Responsibilities And Tasks
- To ensure Interpretation and adaptation of HR policy with the support from HR and Admin Team Leader ,
- Insure HR policies are in line with national legislation with with the support from HR and Admin Team Leader ,
- To attend Disciplinary hearing and to advice the committee accordingly
- To make follow up on acting
- To prepare staff contracts and to review incentive contracts.
- Conduct and facilitate the recruitment process and selection procedure in close coordination with the with the relevant supervisors.;
- Conduct a session of orientation for new employees with organization policies, norms, values and work set up,
- Maintain personnel file,
- To maintain and update DRC’s human resources database (in Dynamics system);
- To maintain and update DRC’s staff directory;
- Prepare HR related monthly /quarterly reports as required;
- Supervise and closely monitor the Leave Record of employees (in Dynamics system).
- Perform other Admin Issues as directed by supervisor.
- To follow up on staff medical insurance for both national and international staff and their depedants in case of evacuation.
- Advice staff members on their rights,obligations,benefits,entitlements and assist them in interpreting DRC staff rules an regulations.
Experience And Technical Competencies
- I have 2 years’ experience in the same field
- Diploma/degree in Human Resource management or any other relevant field.
- Excellent interpersonal and problem-solving skills, creativity and flexibility;
- Flexibility in working hours when needed;
- Computer literacy (Microsoft Word and Excel);
- Comfortable in a multi-cultural environment, flexible and able to handle pressure well ability to engage with community members in an open manner, maintain confidentiality and respect;
- Ability to communicate and write reports in English.