HOD: Merchant Payments at Vodacom
- Company: Vodacom
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Tanzania
HOD: Merchant Payments
Responsible for creating and executing merchant payment strategy provision of expert knowledge. Interacts with other teams within the function or work area, plans and controls resources required for delivery.
Create and execute merchant acquisition strategy (both online merchants and offline)
Create and execute marketing strategy to increase customer adoption
Create and execute e-commerce strategy
Identify opportunities and develop new products, using data and insight to establish the consumer’s problem or unmet need
Oversee the attracting, recruiting, deployment and retention of “A” players for the department
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
• 5-10 years’ relevant experience in a senior management role within an innovation department, having being exposed to all disciplines.
• Relevant post graduate degree, commercial focus preferred
• At least 3 years of experience in the GSM industry or financial services sector.
• Proficient in Excel and Microsoft Project
• Swahili & English (fluent)
• Project Management – experience with management of project teams achieving deadlines
• Customer focused – passionate about delivery of results to internal and external customers
• Commercially astute – solid understanding of market, competitor, & business
• Strategically Oriented – solid understanding of the integrated set of products and services included within the merchant business portfolio; able to identify opportunities for Vodacom and define and implement these opportunities
• Strong Analytical skills – able to assess reports, identify issues, root cause, and recommend solutions, expert spread sheet skills a distinct advantage
• Financial Management – develop and manage budgets, drive down costs wherever possible.
• Inspirational Leadership – develop and maintain great working environment throughout Merchant section
• Presentation and communication skills – superior, both written and oral. Experience in report writing an advantage, expert word processor and PowerPoint skills a distinct advantage
Method of Application
Closing Date : 18th May, 2020.