HIV Counseling and Taster x4 at Management and Development for Health
- Company: Management and Development for Health
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: NGO Jobs in Tanzania
Management and Development for Health (MDH) is a non-profit organization in Tanzania contributing to address public health priorities. MDH works with the Ministry of Health, Community Development, Gender, Elderly and Children; as well as academic and nonacademic institutions to address the problems of Tuberculosis, Malaria, HIV/AIDS, Nutrition, Maternal and Child Health and to undertake initiatives to advance public health research, education, and services for improving the lives of people.
In Dar es Salaam, MDH supports the Government of Tanzania through the Municipal councils of Ilala, Temeke, Kinondoni, Ubungo and Kigamboni in implementation of the program on HIV/AIDS Care and Treatment and monitoring of people living with HIV/AIDS (PLWHA). In order to strengthen the care and treatment of PLWHA in Dar es Salaam, MDH on behalf of the above mentioned Municipal Councils seeks to employ the following staff:
- HIV COUNSELING AND TASTER (4)
Reports to: Health Facility In-charge Job summary:
A HIV Testing counselor requires extensive, current knowledge of the HIV prevention measures. Testing counsellor must enjoy working with other people, have a compassionate nature and be a good listener. A broad knowledge of diverse cultural beliefs and attitudes is often necessary when working with diverse population.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- He/She is responsible to create awareness and education on the existence of HTS i.e. educating clients on all aspects of HIV diseases and treatment management as well as basic health lifestyles.
- To serve as liaison between clinicians/clinics, individuals screened and care centers.
- To provide on-going counseling and testing while maintaining confidentiality and patient rights. Also to provide psychosocial support and assist with linkage to referral services.
- To assess, document all referrals, make follow-up and report on referral outcomes.
- To monitor the quality of test kits by the use of suitable control materials/samples from laboratory department.
- To be in line with current HTS protocols/guidelines to ensure correct testing services (periodic review of standard operating procedures with support from laboratory department).
- To ensure safe storage of HTS related items and to request/prepare all the necessary consumables for undertaking the HTS activities on time.
- To compile and submit HTS reports on weekly, monthly and/or quarterly to the HTS coordinators on time.
- To keep accurate HTS records (logbooks, HTS registers, reports and referral/linkage reports)
- To work with team member to monitor quality improvement plans with regards to the established performance targets/indicators.
- Ensure HIV testing is performed according to the National HIV Testing algorithm.
- To carry out any other duties that may be required by the clinical team.
- At least Certificate in HTS Counseling and Testing (HIV&AIDS) from a recognized Institution
- A candidate must have at least three years of experience on HIV testing services,
- He/she must have a valid practice license
- Phlebotomy experience will be an added advantage.
Method of Application
Interested candidates should submit their application letters, CVs, Certified photocopies of certificates and names and contact information (email addresses and telephone numbers) of two references.
Applications should be submitted by 20th September, 2019 to the SHRO, MDH-DSM Sub-grantee through e-mail [email protected] or drop by hand at MDH HQ, Mikocheni near New Regency Park Hotel.
Please note; only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.