Henry Jackson Foundation Medical Research International Jobs in Tanzania : RV 517 Research Assistant
Welcome to JobwebTanzania.com. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in Tanzania. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to [email protected]
- Company: Henry Jackson Foundation Medical Research International
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: NGO Jobs in Tanzania
Henry Jackson Foundation Medical Research International (HJFMRI) In Support of the U.S. Military HIV Research Program (MHRP)is an international non-governmental organization working in several countries providing care and treatment to people affected by HIV/AIDS and conducting research studies and has been actively involved in HIV and AIDS programming for over 30 years.
HJEMRI implements PEPFAR funded HIV prevention, care and treatment activities in the Southern Highlands, providing resources, personnel and services to the Zone. The program has expanded from supporting the Mbeya Zonal Referral Hospital in becoming a hub for antiretroviral treatment in the Southern
In collaboration with the Ministry of Health, Community Development, Gender, Elderly and Children (MOHCDGEC)and community NGOs, HJFMRI has been leading a comprehensive HIV and AIDS care and support program in the Southern Highlands of Tanzania since 2004. The program, which is sub-contracting with Regional Health Management Teams (RHMTs) and 14 community outreach partners, extends to 25 district councils in the five regions. Collectively, the zone, which has one of the highest HIV prevalence rates in Tanzania, represents a catchment area with close to 6 million people (13% of the population of Tanzania mainland). Despite remarkable achievements made over the past ten years, the expansion of HIV care and treatment interventions remains critical both at the facility as well as the community level.
HUFMRI is seeking qualified candidates to fill the position below.
Job Title: RV 517 Research Assistant
Reports to: RV 517 Study Coordinator
The Henry Jackson Foundation Medical Research International (HJFMRI) funded through the Department of Defense under PEPFAR works to support HIV/AIDS Prevention, testing, care and treatment services in the regions of Mbeya, Rukwa, Ruvuma and Katavi in the Southern Highlands of Tanzania. As it implements these activities HJFMRI is evaluating the impact through PEPFAR Implementation Science Studies. With this in mind, HJFMRI seeks to fill the position of a Research Assistant for the RV 517 Study: Prevalence of, and factors associated with virologic suppression and drug resistance in HIV positive children and adolescents in Tanzania. The overall aim is to understand what patient-level and facility level factors contribute to better virologic outcomes in children and adolescents.
The candidate will work under the supervision of the RV 517 Study Coordinator to execute the RV 517 study.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Ensure RV517 Study SOPs are distributed to all study sites and laboratories and are used as required.
• Ensure all facilities where the RV517 study is conducted have blood collection consumables including phlebotomy materials and sample collection and transportation materials.
• Ensure all laboratories involved in the study have temperature logs to monitor fridge and freezer temperature on a daily basis where study samples may be temporarily stored before transport to the testing lab.
• Ensure all sites have sample test request forms and tracking logs at all study sites and are filled as required
• Track all samples from the sample collection sites to the testing laboratories and ensure that the samples reach their destination laboratories and are tested or stored as required.
• Review tracking logs/study tracking databases weekly to ensure results are entered and results dispatch and receipt documented. Assist facilities in tracking results if required.
• Ensure the Laboratory Tests are carried out on time and according to the Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) of the specific assays.
• Manage laboratory stocks for the study.
• Manage the documentation of all study procedures including compilation of study tracking logs, results reporting logs and entry of study results in databases.
• Report any study deviations related to sample collection, handling and testing as . appropriate
• Extract site level data from study patient file source documents into study files
• Review and Collect Data at facilities for analysis purposes.
• Review and keep stock of all facility needs including stationery and phlebotomy material needs and make orders for them in advance to ensure study activities are not compromised.
• Support with other study activities as required.
A Bachelor of Science Degree in Laboratory Science or related field.
• Excellent organizational skills
• Good coordination skills and ability to work in a team.
Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Fluency in English
• High degree of commitment
• Willing to work independently in a multidisciplinary team.
How to Apply
Cover letters and resumes should be sent by mail through postEMS/DHL or any reliable Courier to the Human Resources and Administration Manager, PO, Box 6396, Mbeya or transmitted by email to [email protected] NOTE: to be considered, applicants must put the TITLE OF THE JOB in the SUBJECT LINE, hand delivery applications are not accepted. Deadline for submission of the application is February 21st FEB 2019. Those who do not meet the minimum requirements as detailed below should not submit applications.