Henry Jackson Foundation Medical Research International Jobs in Tanzania : Research Officer AFRICOS (Quality Assurance)
Welcome to JobwebTanzania.com. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in Tanzania. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to [email protected]
- Company: Henry Jackson Foundation Medical Research International
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: NGO Jobs in Tanzania
Henry Jackson Foundation Medical Research International (HJFMRI) In Support of the U.S. Military HIV Research Program (MHRP)is an international non-governmental organization working in several countries providing care and treatment to people affected by HIV/AIDS and conducting research studies and has been actively involved in HIV and AIDS programming for over 30 years.
HJEMRI implements PEPFAR funded HIV prevention, care and treatment activities in the Southern Highlands, providing resources, personnel and services to the Zone. The program has expanded from supporting the Mbeya Zonal Referral Hospital in becoming a hub for antiretroviral treatment in the Southern
In collaboration with the Ministry of Health, Community Development, Gender, Elderly and Children (MOHCDGEC)and community NGOs, HJFMRI has been leading a comprehensive HIV and AIDS care and support program in the Southern Highlands of Tanzania since 2004. The program, which is sub-contracting with Regional Health Management Teams (RHMTs) and 14 community outreach partners, extends to 25 district councils in the five regions. Collectively, the zone, which has one of the highest HIV prevalence rates in Tanzania, represents a catchment area with close to 6 million people (13% of the population of Tanzania mainland). Despite remarkable achievements made over the past ten years, the expansion of HIV care and treatment interventions remains critical both at the facility as well as the community level.
HUFMRI is seeking qualified candidates to fill the position below.
Job Title: Research Officer AFRICOS (Quality Assurance)
Reports to: Study Coordinator AFRICOS
The purpose of this position is supporting the implementation of Research Activities in the HJEMRIMHRP, Southern Highlands Program. The HJEMR/MHRP of the Southern Highlands Tanzania, together with the NIMR-Mbeya Medical Research Center (MMRC), the University of Munich, Mbeya Zonal Referral Hospital (MZRH) and the Mbeya Regional Referral Hospital (MRRH), aim to improve treatment and care of HIV infected patients through clinical research tightly integrated into the routine implementation of the national ART Program Projects conducted in the collaborative setting focus on treatment experienced HIV infected patients, the management of HIV associated diseases such as Cervical Carcinoma and Tuberculosis and program evaluation of the PEPFAR funded ART program in the southern highlands of Tanzania, integrating research activities into the routine patient care, capacity building and infrastructure development. The Program is seeking to fill the position of Research Officer, to support the implementation of Research Activities in the HJF MRI/MHRP, Southern Highlands Program
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Ensuring that he/she supports the implementation of research activities of the HJFMRI/MHRP
• Ensure collection, compilation and analysis of quality data generated from AFRICOS and different Program activities and laboratory assays carried out at Mbeya Zonal Referral Hospital (MZRH) and Mbeya Regional referral Hospital (MRRH).
• Validate quality of data elements/data editing for all AFRICOS data and data collected for research purposes in the PEPFAR program.
• Compiling and analyzing data for impact evaluation studies carried out in the PEPFAR Program.
• To work closely with the different departments of the program so as to ensure that Research objectives of the program are met.
• Maintain quality Management activities for AFRICOS and other research in the PEPFAR program, including but not limited to regulatory documents • Conducting PEPFAR related impact evaluation studies.
• Facilitate Research study teams in coordination of roles within the study as directed by the Research Director and AFRICOS Study Coordinator.
• Ensure Abstraction of quality data from patient charts and files in the field and onsite as per need.
• Provide computational research support
• Generating and compiling laboratory assay data as required
• Conduct literature searches as required
• Training of laboratory personnel in experimentation techniques for protocols according to GLP procedures
• Tabulate research data and record results of experiments: Preparation of research manuscripts and research presentations
• Develop and maintain research databases.
• Ensure keeping accurate records of experiments and investigations carried out within the program.
Required Skills, knowledge and Qualification:
• Doctor of Medicine degree or Science Degree in Laboratory or Research Science related field
• Good understanding of General HIV focused Clinical and Laboratory activities under PEPFAR Program.
• Shows competency and experience in handling youths/adolescents living with HIV
• Able to analyze data generated from Laboratory assays and field studies.
• Ability to compile and analyze data for scientific manuscript preparation,
• Conversant and proficient in the use of Computational software.
• Be able to comprehend Research Practices and Procedures, and ready to learn.
• Excellent organizational and analytical skills.
• Good coordination skills and ability to work in a team. skin a tall, Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Fluency in English High degree of commitment
• Willing to work independently in a multidisciplinary team.
• Ability to tend to detail.
• Ability to maintain records and inventories.
How to Apply
Cover letters and resumes should be sent by mail through postEMS/DHL or any reliable Courier to the Human Resources and Administration Manager, PO, Box 6396, Mbeya or transmitted by email to [email protected] NOTE: to be considered, applicants must put the TITLE OF THE JOB in the SUBJECT LINE, hand delivery applications are not accepted. Deadline for submission of the application is February 21st FEB 2019. Those who do not meet the minimum requirements as detailed below should not submit applications.