Henry Jackson Foundation Medical Research International Jobs in Tanzania : Regional PMTCTEID/Pediatric Officer
- Company: Henry Jackson Foundation Medical Research International
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Tanzania
Henry Jackson Foundation Medical Research International (HJFMRI) In Support of the U.S. Military HIV Research Program (MHRP)is an international non-governmental organization working in several countries providing care and treatment to people affected by HIV/AIDS and conducting research studies and has been actively involved in HIV and AIDS programming for over 30 years.
HJEMRI implements PEPFAR funded HIV prevention, care and treatment activities in the Southern Highlands, providing resources, personnel and services to the Zone. The program has expanded from supporting the Mbeya Zonal Referral Hospital in becoming a hub for antiretroviral treatment in the Southern
In collaboration with the Ministry of Health, Community Development, Gender, Elderly and Children (MOHCDGEC)and community NGOs, HJFMRI has been leading a comprehensive HIV and AIDS care and support program in the Southern Highlands of Tanzania since 2004. The program, which is sub-contracting with Regional Health Management Teams (RHMTs) and 14 community outreach partners, extends to 25 district councils in the five regions. Collectively, the zone, which has one of the highest HIV prevalence rates in Tanzania, represents a catchment area with close to 6 million people (13% of the population of Tanzania mainland). Despite remarkable achievements made over the past ten years, the expansion of HIV care and treatment interventions remains critical both at the facility as well as the community level.
HUFMRI is seeking qualified candidates to fill the position below.
Position Title: Regional PMTCTEID/Pediatric Officer
Reports To: Regional Program Manager- (HJFMRI)
Location: Mbeya and Songwe
Overall job function
To strengthen PMTCT, EID and Pediatric HIV services within the supported region by HJFMRI. He/she will also facilitate HIV prevention, care, treatment and supported services for Pregnanılactaling women, children and adolescent in the region including improvement in Early Infant diagnosis of HIV (EID) among HIV exposed infants. S/he will be responsible to oversee HIV diagnosis in women and partners attending antenatal services (ANC), HIV exposed infants (EID), children and adolescent in the supported region. This entails HIV counselling and testing at all entry points including PITC and EID services, linkage and retention of Mother and Infant pairs, children and adolescents in the regional care and treatment program. On daily basis s/he will work with Regional Health Management team (RHMT) and Council Health Management Team (CHMT) to ensure quality and sustainable health services are provided along theservices for Pregnant Lactating women, children and adolescent in the region including improvement in Early Infant diagnosis of HIV (EID) among HIV exposed infants. S/he will be responsible to oversee HIV diagnosis in women and partners attending antenatal services (ANC), HIV exposed infants (EID), children and adolescent in the supported region. This entails HIV counselling and testing at all entry points including PITC and EID services, linkage and retention of Mother and Infant pairs, children and adolescents in the regional care and treatment program. On daily basis s/he will work with Regional Health Management team (RHMT) and Council Health Management Team (CHMT) to ensure quality and sustainable health services are provided along the PMTCT/EID/Pediatric and adolescents continuum of care.
• Ensure HIV testing services are routinely conducted at Reproductive and Child Health clinics (RCH) and other entry points to Pediatric and adolescent clienis
• Work with Regional Program Manager/Regional clinical coordinators to ensure Newly diagnosed HIV positive Pregnant Lactating women, Infants, children and adolescents are linked and retained into care and treatment services
• Support the region to implement adherence strategies in health facilities and in collaboration with Regional program outreach coordinator ensure monthly tracking of Missed appointment and Lost to follow up of Mother baby pair, Pediatric and adolescent clients
• Creatively implement efforts to support health facilities to increase viral load. coverage and suppression rate among Pregnant/lactating and children under 15 years of age in care and treatment in the supported region
• Work with regional manager/regional clinical coordinator and in collaboration with RICHMT to plan for PMTCTED and Pediatric supportive supervision and mentorship activities Maintain effective liaisons with Regional and District stakeholders to ensure achievement of PMTCT/EID and Pediatric targets
• Ensure PMTCT/EID and Pediatric HIV activities are provided in accordance with Tanzania National Guidelines Work with regional managers/regional clinical coordinators to disseminate materials related to PMTCTEID and Pediatric HIV/AIDS care and Treatment, including clinical guidelines, protocols, Algorithms Job Aids and other necessary tools
• Ensure integration between TB and HIV services such that there is Intensified TB case Identification, Infection control in the CTC for all Pediatric clients In collaboration with R/CHMT ensure quality data collection, verification and timely submission to relevant authorities Perform any other duties as may be assigned by your supervisors
Preferred Qualifications & Experience
Medical Doctor (MD) with at least 1 year of HIV practice in a recognized public health facility Experience in PMTCT, Early infant Diagnosis and Pediatric HIV care and Treatment services Knowledge in Quality Improvement (QI) methods
Knowledge & Skills Required
• Ability to communicate clearly in both written and Fluent English
• Proficient computer/software skills, including a command of MS Word and Excel
Knowledge, Skills and abilities
• Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work with others in a National and local forums and other Implementing partners
• Ability to travel domestically for IP monitoring up to 50% of the time HJFMRI is an equal opportunity employer;
Method of Application
Cover letters and resumes should be sent by mail through postEMS/DHL or any reliable Courier to the Human Resources and Administration Manager, PO, Box 6396, Mbeya or transmitted by email to [email protected] NOTE: to be considered, applicants must put the TITLE OF THE JOB in the SUBJECT LINE, hand delivery applications are not accepted. Deadline for submission of the application is February 21st FEB 2019. Those who do not meet the minimum requirements as detailed below should not submit applications.