Henry Jackson Foundation Medical Research International Jobs in Tanzania : IT Service Desk Officer
Welcome to JobwebTanzania.com. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in Tanzania. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to [email protected]
- Company: Henry Jackson Foundation Medical Research International
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: IT/Telecom Jobs in Tanzania
Henry Jackson Foundation Medical Research International (HJFMRI) In Support of the U.S. Military HIV Research Program (MHRP)is an international non-governmental organization working in several countries providing care and treatment to people affected by HIV/AIDS and conducting research studies and has been actively involved in HIV and AIDS programming for over 30 years.
HJEMRI implements PEPFAR funded HIV prevention, care and treatment activities in the Southern Highlands, providing resources, personnel and services to the Zone. The program has expanded from supporting the Mbeya Zonal Referral Hospital in becoming a hub for antiretroviral treatment in the Southern
In collaboration with the Ministry of Health, Community Development, Gender, Elderly and Children (MOHCDGEC)and community NGOs, HJFMRI has been leading a comprehensive HIV and AIDS care and support program in the Southern Highlands of Tanzania since 2004. The program, which is sub-contracting with Regional Health Management Teams (RHMTs) and 14 community outreach partners, extends to 25 district councils in the five regions. Collectively, the zone, which has one of the highest HIV prevalence rates in Tanzania, represents a catchment area with close to 6 million people (13% of the population of Tanzania mainland). Despite remarkable achievements made over the past ten years, the expansion of HIV care and treatment interventions remains critical both at the facility as well as the community level.
HUFMRI is seeking qualified candidates to fill the position below.
Job Title: IT Service Desk Officer
Reports to: IT Manager
The Information Technology Service Desk Officer reports to the IT Manager and provide user support on HJFMRI-Tanzania computer applications and platforms. Troubleshoot reported problems or escalate for urgent attention, or advice on the appropriate cause of action.
Duties and responsibilities:
• Maintains a thorough knowledge of the organization and adheres to all HJEMRI organizational standards.
• Assist to Complete Knowledge on Designing and documenting databases with Data- Serve as liaison between department staff and the ICT unit to resolve issues reported from staff through [email protected] T-t.org 31 Temail.
• Assisting in Implementing, administrates and maintaining databases.
• Assist in Troubleshoot computer problems.
• Track and route problems and requests and document resolutions.
• Performs routine preventive maintenance on hardware and software.
• Work one-on-one with staff on applications assistance.
• Provide recommendations on department applications best use.
• Identify and escalate situations requiring urgent attention,
• Perform hardware and software installations.
• Provide on-the-job assistance to new department staff members.
• Provides at all times a professional, courteous and rapid response to individual users.
• Support regular and reliable backups and ensure that the Data backup and system are functioning.
• Respects confidentiality in discussing staff and partner organizational matters, also maintains confidentiality of HJEMRI and its project, fiscal and personnel related information
• Reports to work regularly and on time.
• Assists in other duties as needed and directed.
Education and/or Experience
• Bachelor’s degree from four-year College or university
• One to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of technical education and experience.
The following computer proficiency is (are) required
Internet Explorer; Microsoft Access, Microsoft Excel; Microsoft Outlook, Microsoft PowerPoint; Microsoft Publisher: Microsoft Word; Lotus Notes.
Other Skills and Qualifications:
• Ability to read, analyze and interpret general technical procedures or governmental regulations.
• Ability to write reports, business correspondence and procedure manuals.
• Fluent in English and Kiswahili.
• Ability to calculate figures and amounts (basic math);
• Knowledge of and experience with: LANS/WANS; Windows Server Environment; Microsoft
How to Apply
Cover letters and resumes should be sent by mail through postEMS/DHL or any reliable Courier to the Human Resources and Administration Manager, PO, Box 6396, Mbeya or transmitted by email to [email protected] NOTE: to be considered, applicants must put the TITLE OF THE JOB in the SUBJECT LINE, hand delivery applications are not accepted. Deadline for submission of the application is February 21st FEB 2019. Those who do not meet the minimum requirements as detailed below should not submit applications.