Henry Jackson Foundation Medical Research International Jobs in Tanzania : IT Officer
- Company: Henry Jackson Foundation Medical Research International
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: IT/Telecom Jobs in Tanzania
Henry Jackson Foundation Medical Research International (HJFMRI) In Support of the U.S. Military HIV Research Program (MHRP)is an international non-governmental organization working in several countries providing care and treatment to people affected by HIV/AIDS and conducting research studies and has been actively involved in HIV and AIDS programming for over 30 years.
HJEMRI implements PEPFAR funded HIV prevention, care and treatment activities in the Southern Highlands, providing resources, personnel and services to the Zone. The program has expanded from supporting the Mbeya Zonal Referral Hospital in becoming a hub for antiretroviral treatment in the Southern
In collaboration with the Ministry of Health, Community Development, Gender, Elderly and Children (MOHCDGEC)and community NGOs, HJFMRI has been leading a comprehensive HIV and AIDS care and support program in the Southern Highlands of Tanzania since 2004. The program, which is sub-contracting with Regional Health Management Teams (RHMTs) and 14 community outreach partners, extends to 25 district councils in the five regions. Collectively, the zone, which has one of the highest HIV prevalence rates in Tanzania, represents a catchment area with close to 6 million people (13% of the population of Tanzania mainland). Despite remarkable achievements made over the past ten years, the expansion of HIV care and treatment interventions remains critical both at the facility as well as the community level.
HUFMRI is seeking qualified candidates to fill the position below.
Job Title: IT Officer
Reports to: IT Manager
The Information Technology Officer reports to the IT Manager and monitor and maintains the computer systems, databases and networks of HJFMRI-Tanzania. The IT Officer installs and configures computer systems, diagnoses hardware and software faults and solves technical and applications problems, either over the phone or in person.
Duties and responsibilities:
• Complete Knowledge and skills on Designing, maintaining and documenting databases with Data Modeling
• Provide recommendations on department applications best use.
• Provides technical support and routine preventive maintenance to telephone, photocopiers and email requests from users for all PC hardware, software and associated peripherals.
• Determine and document source of computer problems (hardware, software, user access, etc.)
• Keeping good track of all IT hardware and software for the organization.
• Deploys PCs and associated peripherals including new installations and the redeployment of existing equipment.
• Work one-on-one with staff on applications assistance
• Installs and configure operating systems to agreed standards under the direction of the IT Manager.
• Maintains the existing PCs and peripherals to standards determined by the Team Leader, by performing upgrades, new installations and carrying out routine procedures.
• Answer staff questions in person and via phone on all departments supported applications.
• Asset management to keep a register of all IT equipments using asset tags number.
• Support regular and reliable backups and ensure that the Data backup and system are Functioning,
• Provides at all times a professional, courteous and rapid response to individual users.
• Provide computer orientation to new departmental staff.
• Undertakes such other work as may be assigned which is consistent with the nature of the job and its level of responsibility.
• Respects confidentiality in discussing staff and partner organizational matters, also maintains confidentiality of HJEMRI-Tanzania and its project, fiscal and personnel related information.
• Maintains personal and professional development to meet the changing demands of the job.
• Undertakes such other duties, training and/or hours of work as may be reasonably required and which are consistent with the general level of responsibility of this job.
• Reports to work regularly and on time.
Education and/or Experience:
Bachelor’s degree from three-year College or university and one to two years related experience and/or training or equivalent combination of technical education and experience.
The following computer proficiency is (are) required: Internet Explorer, Microsoft Access
Other Skills and Qualifications
• Ability to write reports, business correspondence and procedure manuals. Fluent in English and Kiswahili.
• Ability to calculate figures and amounts (basic math).
• Knowledge of and experience with: LANSIWANS; Windows Server Environment;
Method of Application
Cover letters and resumes should be sent by mail through postEMS/DHL or any reliable Courier to the Human Resources and Administration Manager, PO, Box 6396, Mbeya or transmitted by email to [email protected] NOTE: to be considered, applicants must put the TITLE OF THE JOB in the SUBJECT LINE, hand delivery applications are not accepted. Deadline for submission of the application is February 21st FEB 2019. Those who do not meet the minimum requirements as detailed below should not submit applications.