Henry Jackson Foundation Medical Research International Jobs in Tanzania : District Program Management Officers x4
- Company: Henry Jackson Foundation Medical Research International
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: NGO Jobs in Tanzania
Henry Jackson Foundation Medical Research International (HJFMRI) In Support of the U.S. Military HIV Research Program (MHRP)is an international non-governmental organization working in several countries providing care and treatment to people affected by HIV/AIDS and conducting research studies and has been actively involved in HIV and AIDS programming for over 30 years.
HJEMRI implements PEPFAR funded HIV prevention, care and treatment activities in the Southern Highlands, providing resources, personnel and services to the Zone. The program has expanded from supporting the Mbeya Zonal Referral Hospital in becoming a hub for antiretroviral treatment in the Southern
In collaboration with the Ministry of Health, Community Development, Gender, Elderly and Children (MOHCDGEC)and community NGOs, HJFMRI has been leading a comprehensive HIV and AIDS care and support program in the Southern Highlands of Tanzania since 2004. The program, which is sub-contracting with Regional Health Management Teams (RHMTs) and 14 community outreach partners, extends to 25 district councils in the five regions. Collectively, the zone, which has one of the highest HIV prevalence rates in Tanzania, represents a catchment area with close to 6 million people (13% of the population of Tanzania mainland). Despite remarkable achievements made over the past ten years, the expansion of HIV care and treatment interventions remains critical both at the facility as well as the community level.
HUFMRI is seeking qualified candidates to fill the position below.
Job Title: 4 District Program Management Officers
Report To: Regional Clinical Coordinator
Work Location: Selected districts in Songwe, Katavi and Ruvuma
Under the supervision of the Regional Clinical Coordinator, the District Program Management Officer will guide and monitor the implementation of HIV/AIDS prevention; care and treatment activities supported through the HJFMRI and carried out in alignment with the current Tanzania MOHCDGEC guidelines in selected districts in Mbeya, Rukwa and Ruvuma, Songwe and Katavi regions of Tanzania. The District Program Management Officer will be stationed in the respective districts. The District Program Management Officer will take on responsibilities within the district in terms of providing regular supportive supervision and remediation plans for gaps identified at health facilities. S/he will assist in identifying and supporting capacity development of facility staff, as well as conducting basic M&E activities to monitor care and treatment programs.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Work closely with CHMTs to coordinate program planning, implementation and monitoring of integrated Adult and Pediatric care and treatment services, PMTCT services, early infant diagnosis (EID). TB/HIV collaborative activities, as well as VMMC and CECAP: activities at facility level and through outreach activities
• Build the capacity of health care workers and facilities by performing regular supportive supervision, mentorship and technical assistance visits at HJFMRI supported Care and Treatment facilities in line with project objectives and MOHCDGEC guidelines and in cooperation with CHMTs and RHMTS
• In collaboration with Regional Program Managers and HJEMRI Medical and Outreach Advisors, develop and prepare action plans for gaps identified in the HIV/AIDS continuum of care during supportive supervision and oversee the implementation and follow up of said action plans
• Collaborate with facility and community HBC focal persons, as well as with HJFMRI outreach partners, to strengthen linkages of clients into care and treatment, PMTCT and EID
• In collaborations with Regional Program Manager assist districts in data collection and compilation, analysis and reporting to Government structures and HJFMRI in accordance with mandatory report requirements for both Government and HJEMRI
• Liaise with district pharmacist, district lab personnel and HJEMRI SCM advisor to support supply chain management services and HIV commodity management that ensure uninterrupted availability of HIV commodities al all levels within the districts.
• Provide technical assistance in monitoring and timely forecasting and ordering process at district and health facility level, as well as distribution and usage of HIV commodities by district councils and health facilities
• Perform other duties as required
• Medical Degree is mandatory from a recognized institution and must be registered with the relevant professional body in Tanzania; postgraduate training in internal medicine or infectious diseases will be an added advantages.
• 2 years’ experience providing HIV/AIDS clinical care in Tanzania or previous experience working in HIV/AIDS care and treatment or research programs
• Fluency in English and Kiswahili
• Basic Competency with Computer Applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
• Willingness to spend 75% of working hours traveling and working in rural areas of Mbeya, Songwe, Ruvuma, Rukwa and Katavi regions
Key personal competences:
• Self-motivated and able to demonstrate high initiative:
• Strong communication skills
• Independent, yet still a team player
• Proven ability for data analysis and program management Dynamic, persuasive and convincing
• Good interpersonal Skills
Method of Application
Cover letters and resumes should be sent by mail through postEMS/DHL or any reliable Courier to the Human Resources and Administration Manager, PO, Box 6396, Mbeya or transmitted by email to [email protected] NOTE: to be considered, applicants must put the TITLE OF THE JOB in the SUBJECT LINE, hand delivery applications are not accepted. Deadline for submission of the application is February 21st FEB 2019. Those who do not meet the minimum requirements as detailed below should not submit applications.