Henry Jackson Foundation Medical Research International Jobs in Tanzania : 3 RV 517 Study Counsellor
Welcome to JobwebTanzania.com. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in Tanzania. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to [email protected]
- Company: Henry Jackson Foundation Medical Research International
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Consulting Jobs in Tanzania
Henry Jackson Foundation Medical Research International (HJFMRI) In Support of the U.S. Military HIV Research Program (MHRP)is an international non-governmental organization working in several countries providing care and treatment to people affected by HIV/AIDS and conducting research studies and has been actively involved in HIV and AIDS programming for over 30 years.
HJEMRI implements PEPFAR funded HIV prevention, care and treatment activities in the Southern Highlands, providing resources, personnel and services to the Zone. The program has expanded from supporting the Mbeya Zonal Referral Hospital in becoming a hub for antiretroviral treatment in the Southern
In collaboration with the Ministry of Health, Community Development, Gender, Elderly and Children (MOHCDGEC)and community NGOs, HJFMRI has been leading a comprehensive HIV and AIDS care and support program in the Southern Highlands of Tanzania since 2004. The program, which is sub-contracting with Regional Health Management Teams (RHMTs) and 14 community outreach partners, extends to 25 district councils in the five regions. Collectively, the zone, which has one of the highest HIV prevalence rates in Tanzania, represents a catchment area with close to 6 million people (13% of the population of Tanzania mainland). Despite remarkable achievements made over the past ten years, the expansion of HIV care and treatment interventions remains critical both at the facility as well as the community level.
HUFMRI is seeking qualified candidates to fill the position below.
Job Title: 3 RV 517 Study Counsellor
Reports to: RV 517 Study Coordinator
The Henry Jackson Foundation Medical Research International (HJFMRI) funded through the Department of Defense under PEPFAR works to support HIV/AIDS Prevention, testing, care and treatment services in the regions of Mbeya, Rukwa, Ruvuma and Katavi in the Southern Highlands of Tanzania. As it implements these activities HJEMRI is evaluating the impact through PEPFAR
Implementation Science Studies. With this in mind, HJFMRI seeks to fill the position of a Research Data Management Officer for the RV 517 Study: Prevalence of, and factors associated with virologic suppression and drug resistance in HIV positive children and adolescents in Tanzania. The overall aim is to understand what patient-level and facility-level factors contribute to better virologic outcomes in children and adolescents.
The candidate will work under the supervision of the RV 517 Study Coordinator to execute the RV 517 study.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Administering consent and assent for potential study participants for enrolment in the RV 517 study as per the SOPs.
• Assist in administering the study questionnaires to participants, caregivers and facility staff.
• Manage and schedule identified study participants for study visits as per the SOPs.
• Responsible for ensuring that study participant compensation and MOH staff compensation is provided to them and documented appropriately and promptly.
• Ensure study participant patient files are updated with study viral load and HIVDR results as per the SOPs.
• Ensure patient files are stored under key and lock to ensure study participant confidentiality.
• Ensure all sample collection tubes and forms are filled with the required information and are matched with the required patient identification numbers as per the SOPs.
• Prepare and share enrolment reports with the data management team (data assistants and data management officer) on a weekly basis.
• Prepare study deviation reports as and when the deviations happen and report to study coordinator and study quality assurance office promptly.
• Check source documents for accuracy of the collected study patient Data.
• Cross check & verify data from source documents and correct were necessary, working closely with the data assistants.
• Ensure safe custody of all data entered at the facilities
• Comply with data integrity and security policies
• The suitable candidate should:
• Have a Diploma or degree in counseling or equivalent relevant Training.
• Have clinical experience in phlebotomy and basic clinical procedures.
• Have knowledge of ethical standards of clinical practice.
• Be conversant with good clinical practice & Good mastery of written and spoken English and Swahili.
• Other skills or experience in Basic Research are an added advantage.
Additional Personal Skills
• Basic computer skills
• Organizational skills
• Ability to work in a team
• Good communication and interpersonal skills
• High degree of commitment
• Results oriented i.e. with the ability to meet deadlines with competing priorities.
How to Apply
Cover letters and resumes should be sent by mail through postEMS/DHL or any reliable Courier to the Human Resources and Administration Manager, PO, Box 6396, Mbeya or transmitted by email to [email protected] NOTE: to be considered, applicants must put the TITLE OF THE JOB in the SUBJECT LINE, hand delivery applications are not accepted. Deadline for submission of the application is February 21st FEB 2019. Those who do not meet the minimum requirements as detailed below should not submit applications.