Henry Jackson Foundation Medical Research International Jobs in Tanzania : 2 RV 517 Research Data Assistant
- Company: Henry Jackson Foundation Medical Research International
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Tanzania
Henry Jackson Foundation Medical Research International (HJFMRI) In Support of the U.S. Military HIV Research Program (MHRP)is an international non-governmental organization working in several countries providing care and treatment to people affected by HIV/AIDS and conducting research studies and has been actively involved in HIV and AIDS programming for over 30 years.
HJEMRI implements PEPFAR funded HIV prevention, care and treatment activities in the Southern Highlands, providing resources, personnel and services to the Zone. The program has expanded from supporting the Mbeya Zonal Referral Hospital in becoming a hub for antiretroviral treatment in the Southern
In collaboration with the Ministry of Health, Community Development, Gender, Elderly and Children (MOHCDGEC)and community NGOs, HJFMRI has been leading a comprehensive HIV and AIDS care and support program in the Southern Highlands of Tanzania since 2004. The program, which is sub-contracting with Regional Health Management Teams (RHMTs) and 14 community outreach partners, extends to 25 district councils in the five regions. Collectively, the zone, which has one of the highest HIV prevalence rates in Tanzania, represents a catchment area with close to 6 million people (13% of the population of Tanzania mainland). Despite remarkable achievements made over the past ten years, the expansion of HIV care and treatment interventions remains critical both at the facility as well as the community level.
HUFMRI is seeking qualified candidates to fill the position below.
Job Title: 2 RV 517 Research Data Assistant
Reports to: RV 517 Study Coordinator
The Henry Jackson Foundation Medical Research International (HJEMRI) funded through the Department of Defense under PEPFAR works to support HIV/AIDS Prevention, testing, care and treatment services in the regions of Mbeya, Rukwa, Ruvuma and Katavi in the Southern Highlands of Tanzania. As it implements these activities HJFMRI is evaluating the impact through PEPFAR Implementation Science Studies. With this in mind, HJFMRI seeks to fill the position of a Research Data Assistant for the RV 517 Study. Prevalence of, and factors associated with virologic suppression and drug resistance in HIV positive children and adolescents in Tanzania. The overall aim is to understand what patient-level and facility-level factors contribute to better virologic outcomes in children and adolescents.
The candidate will work under the supervision of the RV517 Study Coordinator to execute the RV 517 study. This will include carrying out occasional field visits to collect relevant data for the study and other duties as assigned by the RV 517 Study Coordinator
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Enter study data from facilities into respective databases (e.g. devel oped tools for line-listing, enrollment tracking, Clin Plus, etc.).
• Prepare and report the data entry status on weekly/monthly/semi-annual and yearly for study utilization.
• Make queries (on data collected for a specific period) and cross check it with the data in source documents
• Prepare, compile and sort documents for data entry in line with reporting guidelines.
• Cross check & verify data from source documents and correct where necessary Communicate with facilities and gather information for any queries regarding incomplete data.
• Provide safe custody of all data entered in designated locations
• Comply with data integrity and security policies and ensure all data-protection measures are in place and used regularly in compliance with the study protocol
• Responsible, under the leadership of the data management officer, for resolving all data queries (in collaboration with the research team) identified by DCAC team
• Under the leadership of data management officer, responsible for liaising with the study sites during initial line listing and randomization of potential clients and working with HQ team to continually review and update the potential participant list during any subsequent line listing/randomization
The suitable candidate should:
• Have a certificate diploma or degree with experience in data analysis or equivalent relevant training,
• Have basic knowledge of data collection procedures and analysis.
• Have basic knowledge of Monitoring and Evaluation Principles and Procedures.
• Good mastery of written and spoken English and Swahili .
• Other skills or experience in Basic Research are an added advantage.
• Basic computer skills (i.e. utilizing Microsoft Office – Excel and Word)
Additional Interpersonal Skills
• Organizational skills
• Ability to work in a team,
• Good communication and interpersonal skills
• High degree of commitment: Results oriented i.e. with the ability to meet deadlines with competing Priorities.
• Willing to work independently in a multidisciplinary team,
Method of Application
Cover letters and resumes should be sent by mail through postEMS/DHL or any reliable Courier to the Human Resources and Administration Manager, PO, Box 6396, Mbeya or transmitted by email to [email protected] NOTE: to be considered, applicants must put the TITLE OF THE JOB in the SUBJECT LINE, hand delivery applications are not accepted. Deadline for submission of the application is February 21st FEB 2019. Those who do not meet the minimum requirements as detailed below should not submit applications.