Henry Jackson Foundation Medical Research International Job Vacancy : Procurement Officer
Welcome to JobwebTanzania.com. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in Tanzania. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to [email protected]
- Company: Henry Jackson Foundation Medical Research International
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Logistics/Transportation Jobs in Tanzania
Henry Jackson Foundation Medical Research International (HJFMRI) In Support of the U.S. Military HIV Research Program (MHRP)is an international non-governmental organization working in several countries providing care and treatment to people affected by HIV/AIDS and conducting research studies and has been actively involved in HIV and AIDS programming for over 30 years.
HJFMRI implements PEPFAR funded HIV prevention, care and treatment activities in the Southern Highlands, providing resources, personnel and services to the Zone. The program has expanded from supporting the Mbeya Zonal Referral Hospital in becoming a hub for anti-retroviral treatment in the Southern Highlands zone; to community support through decentralized services, with the overall objective of implementing research, clinical HIV, prevention, care and treatment services in Mbeya, Rukwa, Katavi, Ruvuma and Songwe regions in the zone.
In collaboration with the Ministry of Health, Community Development, Gender, Elderly and Children (MoHCDGEC) and community NGOs, HJFMRI has been leading a comprehensive HIV and AIDS care and support program in the Southern Highlands of Tanzania since 2004. The program, which is sub-contracting with Regional Health Management Teams (RHMTs) and 14 community outreach partners, extends to 25 district councils in the five regions. Collectively, the zone, which has one of the highest HIV prevalence rates in Tanzania, represents a catchment area with close to 6 million people (13% of the population of Tanzania mainland). Despite remarkable achievements made over the past ten years, the expansion of HIV care and treatment interventions remains critical both at the facility as well as the community level.
HJFMRI is seeking qualified candidates to fill the position below.
|Job Title:||Procurement Officer|
|Reports to:||Procurement and Logistics Director|
The procurement officer is responsible for assisting Procurement and I Logistics Director in managing the flow of procurement activity to | implement the HJFMRI HIV and TPDF Programs in the country.
Primary Duties or Key responsibilities:
- Develop Procurement Plan and Manage its execution
- Perform vendor pre qualifications process including vendor’s due diligence and maintain a pool of competent, reliable service providers
- Ascertaining program demand and ensure efficiency delivery of procurement services,
- Receiving and analyzing purchase requests from user departments in Mbeya, TPDF (DSM) and Regional offices to determine the appropriate method of procurement i.e. quotation, tender or RFP and forward them to senior management for approval.
- Liaise with technical team to establish technical specifications for the items to be procured.
- Sourcing quotes, tenders from potential and preferred vendors.
- Issue addendum to quotations, tenders and proposals as required
- Perform bid analysis, technical evaluations and award procurement opportunity to the best vendor while considering overall value addition to the Program Supply Chain
- Process purchase order approvals for TPDF and HJFMRI HIV programs requests
- Follow up with vendors and expedite where necessary to ensure timely delivery of requested goods/consignment
- Verification of the documents received from vendors for authenticity and accuracy before payment processing
- Prepare payments requests with fully documentation and forward them to Finance for further processing to vendors
- Process and follow up advertisement of program positions and RFPs/ITBs
- Maintain an up-to-date knowledge of the supply market for all HJFMRI-T supplies and services
- Manage constructive business relationship with suppliers and other Supply Chain stakeholders
- Manage supply risk by anticipating demand, review supply market and developing supplier’s contingency plan.
- Perform costs benefit analysis on procurement of equipments versus leasing option and provide proper advice to Procurement and Logistics Director on economic model to adopt.
- Prepare weekly reports and any other highlights as may be requested
- Develop and manage contracts for recurring procurement services to improve efficiency on service delivery
- Negotiate best deals with the vendors for program costs control and costs management.
- Perform suppliers performance appraisal in order to maintain best performers and delist non performing vendors
- Work as liaison officer between HJFMRI Mbeya office and key supply chain stakeholders like TRA, TFDA, US Embassy and other service suppliers residing in DSM.
- Process/fiie Tax exemptions/reimbursement with relevant authorities including VAT and import duties for imported goods and local supplies.
- Manage TPDF and DSM office logistics to ensure efficient movement of staffs and supplies for proper management of Program activities.
- Perform other related duties and responsibilities as may be assigned from time to time by supervisor.
Qualification and Experience:
- A minimum of a Bachelor Degree or its equivalent from a recognized institute of higher learning in the field of Procurement and Supplies Management, Business Administration, Economics, or related field,
- Registration with Procurement and Supplies Professionals and Technicians Board (PSPTB) will be an added advantage.
- A minimum of three years of working experience at comparable level in a large organization or an NGO with significant experience in procurement Management.
- Must be of high integrity.
- Possess good report writing skills.
- Ability to provide, technical advice to management.
- Excellent computer skills in Microsoft office programs and ability to employ computerized systems to schedule work,
- Capable of exercising good and individual judgments
- Possess good organization and planning skills
- Insightful, organized, diligent, analytical, ability to produce results, trustworthy, assertive.
- Ability to take initiative and work under pressure with limited supervision.
How to Apply
Cover letters and resumes should be sent by mail through post/EMS/DHL/ or any reliable Courier to the Human Resources and Administration Manager, P.O. Box 6396, Mbeya or transmitted by email to; [email protected]
APPLY TO: [email protected]
NOTE: to be considered, applicants must put the TITLE OF THE JOB in the SUBJECT LINE, hand delivery applications are not accepted.Deadline for submission of the application is March 21st, 2019. Those who do not meet the minimum requirements as detailed below should not submit applications. .“CVs should not include any reference to marital status, birth place, as well as tribal and/or religious affiliations. Any CVs containing this information will not be considered for employment.”
HJFMRI is an equal opportunity employer; women are highly encouraged to apply.