Henry Jackson Foundation Medical Research International Job Vacancy : HJFMRI Continuous Quality Improvement Officer
Welcome to JobwebTanzania.com. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in Tanzania. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to [email protected]
- Company: Henry Jackson Foundation Medical Research International
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Tanzania
Henry Jackson Foundation Medical Research International (HJFMRI) In Support of the U.S. Military HIV Research Program (MHRP)is an international non-governmental organization working in several countries providing care and treatment to people affected by HIV/AIDS and conducting research studies and has been actively involved in HIV and AIDS programming for over 30 years.
HJFMRI implements PEPFAR funded HIV prevention, care and treatment activities in the Southern Highlands, providing resources, personnel and services to the Zone. The program has expanded from supporting the Mbeya Zonal Referral Hospital in becoming a hub for anti-retroviral treatment in the Southern Highlands zone; to community support through decentralized services, with the overall objective of implementing research, clinical HIV, prevention, care and treatment services in Mbeya, Rukwa, Katavi, Ruvuma and Songwe regions in the zone.
In collaboration with the Ministry of Health, Community Development, Gender, Elderly and Children (MoHCDGEC) and community NGOs, HJFMRI has been leading a comprehensive HIV and AIDS care and support program in the Southern Highlands of Tanzania since 2004. The program, which is sub-contracting with Regional Health Management Teams (RHMTs) and 14 community outreach partners, extends to 25 district councils in the five regions. Collectively, the zone, which has one of the highest HIV prevalence rates in Tanzania, represents a catchment area with close to 6 million people (13% of the population of Tanzania mainland). Despite remarkable achievements made over the past ten years, the expansion of HIV care and treatment interventions remains critical both at the facility as well as the community level.
HJFMRI is seeking qualified candidates to fill the position below.
|Job Title:||HJFMRI Continuous Quality Improvement Officer|
|Reports to: Location:||Regional Program Manager
HJFMRI regional office (Mbeya, Songwe, Ruvumu,
Reporting to the Regional Program Manager and receiving technical guidance from the technical advisor for CQI, the CQI Officer will ensure that quality improvement initiatives are carried out across the region, making certain that activities are based on gaps and challenges identified through ongoing supportive supervision visits and other assessments of HIV services, while adhering to the Tanzanian Quality Improvement Framework in Health Care. The Continuous Quality Improvement Officer will be part of the regional team at HJFMRI, with close links to the CQI advisors and other technical staff and with the main focus on improving the quality of HIV services provided by the organization, as well as HIV services provided by supported health facilities and outreach partners. Quality of program activities will be measured and analyzed and feedback to his/her direct supervisor on a regular basis is expected .S/he will be based at one of the regional offices (Mbeya/Songwe, Ruvuma or Rukwa/Katavi) with frequent (50%) travels to the districts and occasional travel to Mbeya and Dar Es Salaam for different program activities.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Coordinate HIV related Quality Improvement (Ql) activities within the region amongst health facility staff, program staff and R/CHMTs.
- Work in close collaboration with CQI coordinators at the Regional Medical Office, and assure consistency of HIV care and treatment services in supported sites as per established national guidelines
- Collaborate with HJFMRI technical leads and regional teams, as well as R/ CHMTs to implement and maintain an effective and coordinated approach to supportive supervision
- Plan and organize the comprehensive quarterly supportive supervision visits and provide appropriate schedules for staff distribution, vehicle use and facilities visited
- Support the coordination and implementation of supportive supervision, mentorship and remediation visits at regional and district level, in close collaboration with the Regional Program Manager, the CQI Advisor and the Remediation and Mentorship Advisor
- Effectively collaborate with field based WRP/HJFMRI clinical team and health facilities CQI teams to analyse gaps and challenges identified during supportive supervision visits and subsequently provide technical assistance for remediation/action plans
- Monitor the activities of CQI teams at health facility and outreach partner level and communicate with the teams on a regular basis
- Receive Ql reports from facility based and outreach partners with Ql teams on a monthlybasis, analyze the reports and provide feedback to the direct supervisor and the CQI team.
- Ensure that the electronic reporting tool for selected CQI indicators is filled in timely manner and provide technical assistance to complete the monthly reports where necessary
- Conduct regular coaching sessions for CQI at facility level, targeting the facility CQI teams
- Facilitate and participate in site visits to assess the progress in CQI implementation at partner level and identify ways forward to deal with challenges
- Work with field based clinical teams to provide on-site Ql consultations and coaching to supported sites, using information gathered during assessments, so that results are used to effect changes in HIV clinic practice.
- Any other duties to support the program as assigned from time to time
- Support the regional HJFMRI technical team to include CQI in their day to day activities and monitor the implementation of these activities.
- Ensure that the regional and district HJFMRI teams include quality improvement activities on program, R/CHMT and facility/outreach partner levels
- Ensure availability and use of the national and international policies, guidelines, training manuals, recording and reporting tools and information, education and communication materials that relate to the Quality Improvement Program/lnitiative
- Periodically measure and improve the quality of HIV/AIDS and related care, be it through supportive supervision and / or other available means
- Be involved in the development of clinical program quality indicators and track them over time, using the results for remediation of gaps and challenges
- Support the facilitation of Ql meetings at regional and district levels, notably for program staff and representatives of medical and outreach partners
- Collaborate with RHMT and CHMT to identify CQI implementation gaps and support the development of evidence based interventions to rectify and maintain quality HIV &AIDS services.
- Communicate best practices and updates to ensure consistency in the program application and to maximize effectiveness in overall program implementation and management
- Participate in Ql meetings at local and national level
Required Skills, Knowledge & Experience
- MD or equivalent
- At least 1year of experience in clinical medicine
- Previous exposure to the planning and implementing HIV/AIDS care and treatment programs is an added advantage
- Prior experience in CQI or mentorship activities is an added advantage.
- Clear understanding of Tanzanian health structure and system
- Strong interpersonal, oral and written communication skills
- Fluency in the English language
- Computer skills in basic applications such as Microsoft Office
- Basic understanding of monitoring and evaluation and data
How to Apply
Cover letters and resumes should be sent by mail through post/EMS/DHL/ or any reliable Courier to the Human Resources and Administration Manager, P.O. Box 6396, Mbeya or transmitted by email to; [email protected]
APPLY TO: [email protected]
NOTE: to be considered, applicants must put the TITLE OF THE JOB in the SUBJECT LINE, hand delivery applications are not accepted.Deadline for submission of the application is March 21st, 2019. Those who do not meet the minimum requirements as detailed below should not submit applications. .“CVs should not include any reference to marital status, birth place, as well as tribal and/or religious affiliations. Any CVs containing this information will not be considered for employment.”