Henry Jackson Foundation Jobs in Tanzania : Outreach and Prevention Advisor, TPDF Program
Welcome to JobwebTanzania.com. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in Tanzania. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to [email protected]
- Company: Henry Jackson Foundation
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Mbeya Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: NGO Jobs in Tanzania
Henry Jackson Foundation Medical Research International (HJFMRI) In Support of the U.S. Military HIV Research Program (MHRP)is an international non-governmental organization working in several countries providing care and treatment to people affected by HIV/AIDS and conducting research studies and has been actively involved in HIV and AIDS programming for over 30 years.
HJFMRI implements PEPFAR funded HIV prevention, care and treatment activities in the Southern Highlands, providing resources., personnel and services to the Zone. The program has expanded from supporting the Mbeya Zonal Referral Hospital in becoming a hub for anti-retroviral treatment in the Southern Highlands zone; to community support through decentralized services, with the overall objective of implementing research, clinical HIV, prevention, care and treatment services in Mbeya, Rukwa, Katavi, Ruvuma and Songwe regions in the zone.
In collaboration with the Ministry of Health, Community Development, Gender, Elderly and Children (MoHC- DGEC) and community NGOs, HJFMRI has been leading a comprehensive HIV and AIDS care and support program in the Southern Highlands of Tanzania since 2004, The program, which is sub-contracting with Regional Health Management Teams (RHMTs) and 14 community outreach partners, extends to 25 district councils in the five regions. Collectively, the zone, which has one of the highest HIV prevalence rates in Tanzania, represents a catchment area with dose to 6 million people (13% of the population of Tanzania mainland). Despite remarkable achievements made over the past ten years, the expansion of HIV care and treatment interventions remains critical both at the facility as well as the community level.
HJFMRI is seeking qualified candidates to fill the position below. Cover letters and resumes should be sent by mail through post/EMS/DHL/ or any reliable Courier to the Human Resources and Administration Manager, P.O. Box 6396, Mbeya or transmitted by email to; [email protected] NOTE: to be considered, applicants must put the TITLE OF THE JOB in the SUBJECT LINE, hand delivery applications are not accepted.Deadline for submission of the application is March 18th, 2019. Those who do not meet the minimum requirements as detailed below should not submit applications. .“CVs should not include any reference to marital status, birth place, as well as tribal and/or religious affiliations, Any CVs containing this information will not be considered for employment,”
Job Title: Outreach and Prevention Advisor, TPDF Program
Reports to: Program Manager, TPDF Program
Location: Dar es Salaam
Scope: National, with frequent domestic travel
Contract: 12 months, with option(s) to renew
About HJF Medical Research International (HJFMRI):
With headquarters in Bethesda, Maryland, HJFMRI works to support global health orograms in Kenya, Uganda, Tanzania, Nigeria, and Thailand. The Global Health Program in Tanzania works in tandem with the Tanzania People’s Defence Forces (TPDF), Ministry of Health (MOH) and President’s Office – Regional Administration and Local Government (PORALG) and in collaboration with non-government entities (NGO), Conmunity^Based Organizations (CBO), and Faith Based Organizations (FBO) with the purpose of creating a lasting health change in Tanzania. Our commitment to partnerships at every level and our multidisciplinary approach enables us to have a lasting impact in the communities.
The Outreach &Prevention Advisor will serve as the primary technical expel and contact for HJFMRI preverv tion activities for the TPDF PEPFAR-funded program. S/he wil facilitate the development, modification, and/or adaptation of appropriate outreach and prevention strategies, with the goal of improving clinical and community access to and use of prevention information and services. The Outreach &Prevention Advisor is expected to collaborate across program technical areas to strengthen the continuum of response from HIV prevention to treatment linkage and viral suppression. The incumbent wil be responsible for liaising with TPDF and communities surrounding mlitary facilities to facilitate the linkage of HIV-positive individuals to care and treatment, ard ensuring the imolementation of appropr ate prevention activities at the health facility level and in the surrounding community settings. The 0 Jtreach and Prevention Advisor wil build the capacity of TPDF staff to deliver high-quality outreach and prevention services within the TPDF.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Provide technical leadership in the development of approaches and strategies for mobilizing TPDF facilities and surrounding communities for the establishment or strengthening of HIV outreach and prevention strategies and activities;
- Liaise and consult regularly with TPDF authorities, surrounding community leaders, and beneficiaries, as appropriate, in relation to the planning, design, and implementation of HIV outreach and prevention activities;
- Work with HJFMRI medical team and TPDF to irtegrate outreach and prevention activities with biomedn cal interventions where appropriate
- Develop integrated, innovative, and gender-sensitive interventions for the provision of comorehensive HIV/AIDS outreach and prevention for vulnerable and key populations, youth in and out of school, and the general population;
- Serve as the team lead in the design and implementation of combination prevention strategies and plans;
- Build the capacity of the partner organizations and government technical staff to deliver high-quality HIV/AIDS outreach and prevention services;
- Provide on-going support through coaching, supervision visits and mentoring to TPDFstaff in implementing outreach and prevention activities;
- Document, consolidate, and disseminate knowledge and information regarding best practices, lessons learned, and proven approaches both within and outside of TPDF;
- Collaborate with partners to develop quality assurance (QA) mechanisms and ensure QA mechanisms are in place and functional;
- Facilitate and provide overal leadersh p and sound advice at facility and surrounding community settings, and improve post-tes: referrals for all clients;
- Develop annual work plans, budgets, and reports for outreach and prevention activites; and ensure integration of project activities into TPDF program annual plan;
- Extend technical support to TPDF in preparing and submitting timely montnly, quarterly, semi-annual, and anrual reports;
- Travel to supoorted sites for the purpose of program management, continued ser/ice development, implementation, and evaluation of service delivery.
- Liaise with the M&E Department to ensure that the HIV/AIDS outreach and prevention components are functional (e.g. clarity of indicators, quality of M&E data collection tods, data quality and reporting).
- Support Program technical teams, especially in identifying areas requiring policy influence and support implementation and development of long term plan
- Perform any other assignment or duties that may be assigned
- Masters Degree in social or behavioral science (e.g. public health, epidemidogy, education, psychology, or social work);
- At least 5years of Drogressive responsibilities in HIV/AIDS program management and technical exoerience in clinic and community-based settings, preferably in an outreach context;
- Demonstrable experience with IEC/BCC programs;
- Knowledge of the current developments and best practices in the field of HIV and AIDS prevention, globally and in Tanzania
- Proven skills ir analysis, communication, networking, advocacy and negotiation.
- Fluency in English and Kiswahili required.
- Ability to use standard software applications (Word, Power Point, Excel, etc.)
- Good communication skills; ability to troudeshoot; ability to work independently and supervise others.
- Must be diplomatic and culturally sensitive, with excelent communications sklls.
- Up to 40% travel required
- Willingness to abide by all ethics and compliance policies of HJF/MRI
How to Apply
Send your application by mail through post/EMS/DHL/ or any reliable Courier to the Human Resources and Administration Manager, P.O. Box 6396, Mbeya or transmitted by email to; [email protected]
NOTE: to be considered, applicants must put the TITLE OF THE JOB in the SUBJECT LINE, hand delivery applications are not accepted.Deadline for submission of the application is March 18th, 2019. Those who do not meet the minimum requirements as detailed below should not submit applications. .“CVs should not include any reference to marital status, birth place, as well as tribal and/or religious affiliations, Any CVs containing this information will not be considered for employment,”
HJFMRI is an equal opportunity employer; women are highly encouraged to apply.