Henry Jackson Foundation Jobs in Tanzania : M&E Advisor, TPDF Program
Welcome to JobwebTanzania.com. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in Tanzania. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to [email protected]
- Company: Henry Jackson Foundation
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Mbeya Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: NGO Jobs in Tanzania
Henry Jackson Foundation Medical Research International (HJFMRI) In Support of the U.S. Military HIV Research Program (MHRP)is an international non-governmental organization working in several countries providing care and treatment to people affected by HIV/AIDS and conducting research studies and has been actively involved in HIV and AIDS programming for over 30 years.
HJFMRI implements PEPFAR funded HIV prevention, care and treatment activities in the Southern Highlands, providing resources., personnel and services to the Zone. The program has expanded from supporting the Mbeya Zonal Referral Hospital in becoming a hub for anti-retroviral treatment in the Southern Highlands zone; to community support through decentralized services, with the overall objective of implementing research, clinical HIV, prevention, care and treatment services in Mbeya, Rukwa, Katavi, Ruvuma and Songwe regions in the zone.
In collaboration with the Ministry of Health, Community Development, Gender, Elderly and Children (MoHC- DGEC) and community NGOs, HJFMRI has been leading a comprehensive HIV and AIDS care and support program in the Southern Highlands of Tanzania since 2004, The program, which is sub-contracting with Regional Health Management Teams (RHMTs) and 14 community outreach partners, extends to 25 district councils in the five regions. Collectively, the zone, which has one of the highest HIV prevalence rates in Tanzania, represents a catchment area with dose to 6 million people (13% of the population of Tanzania mainland). Despite remarkable achievements made over the past ten years, the expansion of HIV care and treatment interventions remains critical both at the facility as well as the community level.
HJFMRI is seeking qualified candidates to fill the position below. Cover letters and resumes should be sent by mail through post/EMS/DHL/ or any reliable Courier to the Human Resources and Administration Manager, P.O. Box 6396, Mbeya or transmitted by email to; [email protected] NOTE: to be considered, applicants must put the TITLE OF THE JOB in the SUBJECT LINE, hand delivery applications are not accepted.Deadline for submission of the application is March 18th, 2019. Those who do not meet the minimum requirements as detailed below should not submit applications. .“CVs should not include any reference to marital status, birth place, as well as tribal and/or religious affiliations, Any CVs containing this information will not be considered for employment,”
|Job Title:||M&E Advisor, TPDF Program|
|Reports to:||Program Manager, TPDF Program; dotted line to Director, Strategic Information|
|Location:||Dar es Salaam|
|Scope:||National, frequent domestic travel|
|Contract:||12 months, with option(s) to renew|
About HJF Medical Research International (HJFMRI):
With headquarters in Bethesda, Maryland, HJFMRI works to support global health programs in Kenya, Uganda. Tanzania, Nigeria, and Thailand. The Global Health Program in Tanzania works in tandem with the Tanzania People’s Defence Forces (TPDF), Ministry of Health (MOH) and President’s Office – Regional Administration and Local Government (PORALG) and in collaboration with non-government entities (NGO), Community-Based Organizations (CBO), and Faith Based Organizations (FBO) with the purpose of creating a lasting health change in Tanzania. Our commitment to partnerships at every level and our multidisciplinary approach enables us to have a lasting impact in the communities.
The incumbent is responsible for assisting the Program Manager in monitoring and evaluating TPDF site activities under the HJFMRI-supported HIV/AIDS Prevention, care, and treatment Program. S/he will primarily be responsible for developing measures and providing advice on monitoring and evaluation of the program to improve the understanding of the underlying factors affecting progress relative to scaling up HIV/AIDS Care and Treatment programs, including ARV services, TB/HIV, and PMTCT programs within TPDF HIV Prevention, Care, and Treatment Program. The M&E Advisor will ensure the documentation and dissemination of best practices for public health programs under PEPFAR in appropriate settings. The M&E Advisor will be based in Dar es Salaam with frequent (up to 40%) travel to military facilities in country. S/he reports to the Program Manager, TPDF Program.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide technical support in the design and implementation of al M/E activities.
- Implement the HJFMRI monitoring & evaluation system by providing technical support and capacity building to TPDF in data collection, verification, aggregation, and reporting.
- Implement and monitor TPDF program M&E work plans and budgets at the zonal and satellite levels.
- Bring deep expertise in data visualization tools and techniques in translating program analytics needs into data visualization and semantic data access requirements.
- Prepare presentations and reports and present to management and other program staff on monthly bases or upon need.
- Work with other USG strategic information mechanisms to strengthen the data analytics and visualization capabilities of DHIS2, DATIM, DHAAP and IMPACT
- Participate in the development and implementation of data collection and reporting tools and systems that correspond to the needs of decision makers at every level of the health system, as needed, and ensure compatibility with other existing systems (specificaly DATIM).
- Build the capacity of zonal facilities to provide supportive supervision and mentoring to satelite facilities.
- Oversee data management staff on data processing and report generation; and support the flow of reports for both the national and HJFMRI monitoring systems. This wil include: supervision of data entry, data management including data quality assurance and analysis, dissemination and reporting.
- Conduct data quality assessments and continued supportive supervision and provide feedback on data quality issues to TPDF.
- Train and build capacity of TPDF staff in effective use of al paper-based and electronic based systems for the monitoring of programmatic performance and monthly/quarterly reporting. Review and compile monthly and quarterly reports to submit to the HJFMRI/DOD offices.
- Provide IT support to electronio-based facilities and ensure that databases are continuously up to date, functioning and effectively used according to the highest standards; prevent or solve data backlog at zonal and satellite facilities.
- For medical partners: ensure timely, accurate and complete data entry of patient files and registers, PMTCT records, pharmacy records, and lab results into both paper-based and electronic-based systems.
Required educational qualification/Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Medicine, Computer Science, Statistics, Epidemiology, Health Informatics, Public health with good data management skills. Master’s degree in Public Health, Data Management, Applied Epidemiology or Public Health Informatics wil be of added advantage.
- A minimum of 5 years’ working experience at a similar position
- An additional 3 years of related work expenence will be considered in lieu of the educational requirement listed above.
- Computer literacy in Microsoft excel, word, access and database administration.
- Considerable knowledge of data management policies and procedures
- Expertise in DHIS2, DATIM, IMPACT, CTC2 database, pharmacy module, Electronic Medical Records (EMR) and others.
- Ability to communicate technical data to non-technical audiences
- Excellent data management and data visualizations skills
- The ability to analyze, model and interpret data for decision-making
- Use advanced computerized models to extract the data needed for program improvement.
- Competent in the use of Statistical Analysis Packages like SAS, STATA and SPSS
- Ability to work with GIS Software, tableau, Advanced MS- Excel or any analytical tools.
- Solve complex technical problems that arise throughout the project using creative and results-oriented outside the box thinking.
- Willingness to abide by all ethics and compliance policies of HJF/MRI
How to Apply
Send your application by mail through post/EMS/DHL/ or any reliable Courier to the Human Resources and Administration Manager, P.O. Box 6396, Mbeya or transmitted by email to; [email protected]
NOTE: to be considered, applicants must put the TITLE OF THE JOB in the SUBJECT LINE, hand delivery applications are not accepted.Deadline for submission of the application is March 18th, 2019. Those who do not meet the minimum requirements as detailed below should not submit applications. .“CVs should not include any reference to marital status, birth place, as well as tribal and/or religious affiliations, Any CVs containing this information will not be considered for employment,”
HJFMRI is an equal opportunity employer; women are highly encouraged to apply.