Henry Jackson Foundation Jobs in Tanzania : Laboratory Advisor
Welcome to JobwebTanzania.com. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in Tanzania. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to [email protected]
- Company: Henry Jackson Foundation
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Mbeya Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Healthcare/Medical Jobs in Tanzania
Henry Jackson Foundation Medical Research International (HJFMRI) In Support of the U.S. Military HIV Research Program (MHRP)is an international non-governmental organization working in several countries providing care and treatment to people affected by HIV/AIDS and conducting research studies and has been actively involved in HIV and AIDS programming for over 30 years.
HJFMRI implements PEPFAR funded HIV prevention, care and treatment activities in the Southern Highlands, providing resources., personnel and services to the Zone. The program has expanded from supporting the Mbeya Zonal Referral Hospital in becoming a hub for anti-retroviral treatment in the Southern Highlands zone; to community support through decentralized services, with the overall objective of implementing research, clinical HIV, prevention, care and treatment services in Mbeya, Rukwa, Katavi, Ruvuma and Songwe regions in the zone.
In collaboration with the Ministry of Health, Community Development, Gender, Elderly and Children (MoHC- DGEC) and community NGOs, HJFMRI has been leading a comprehensive HIV and AIDS care and support program in the Southern Highlands of Tanzania since 2004, The program, which is sub-contracting with Regional Health Management Teams (RHMTs) and 14 community outreach partners, extends to 25 district councils in the five regions. Collectively, the zone, which has one of the highest HIV prevalence rates in Tanzania, represents a catchment area with dose to 6 million people (13% of the population of Tanzania mainland). Despite remarkable achievements made over the past ten years, the expansion of HIV care and treatment interventions remains critical both at the facility as well as the community level.
HJFMRI is seeking qualified candidates to fill the position below. Cover letters and resumes should be sent by mail through post/EMS/DHL/ or any reliable Courier to the Human Resources and Administration Manager, P.O. Box 6396, Mbeya or transmitted by email to; [email protected] NOTE: to be considered, applicants must put the TITLE OF THE JOB in the SUBJECT LINE, hand delivery applications are not accepted.Deadline for submission of the application is March 18th, 2019. Those who do not meet the minimum requirements as detailed below should not submit applications. .“CVs should not include any reference to marital status, birth place, as well as tribal and/or religious affiliations, Any CVs containing this information will not be considered for employment,”
|Job Title:||Laboratory Advisor|
|Reports to:||Program Manager, TPDF Program(Admin); Laboratory Services Director (Technical)|
|Scope:||Nationwide, with frequent travel|
|Contract:||12 months, with option(s) to renew|
About HJF Medical Research International (HJFMRI):
With headquarters in Bethesda, Maryland, HJFMRI works to support global health orograms in Kenya, Uganda, Tanzania, Nigeria, and Thailand. The Global Health Program in Tanzania works in tandem with the Tanzania People’s Defence Forces (TPDF), Ministry of Health (MOH) and President’s Office – Regional Administration and Local Government (PORALG) and in collaboration with non-government entities (NGO), Community-Based Organizations (CBO), and Faith Based Organizations (FBO) with the purpose of creating a lasting health change in Tanzania. Our commitment to partnerships at every level and our multidisciplinary approach enables us to have a lasting impact in the communities.
The purpose of this position is to provide technical adv.ce to the HJFMRl-supported TPDF HIV/AIDS Program and ensure quality laboratory services are strengthened and mainstreamed into a comorehensive HIV prevention, care and treatment program. S/he will be expected to demonstrate integrity and strong work ethic in the performance of al duties with HJFMRI. The Laooratory Advisor will be part of a team of experts whose focjs wilbe to improve the quality of the Laboratory HIV services provided by TPDF. This includes but is not limited to providing technical support to laooratories in supported faclities in the areas of clinical laooratory testing, quality management systems implementation, and on-site staff training and mentorship. S/he will be based in Dar es Salaam with freqjent (up to40%) travel to the program*6upported sites, prov ding supportive supervision and mentorship to site laboratory staff within the TPDF. The Laboratory Advisor reports to the Program Manager and for technical matters, to the HJFMRI Director of Laboratory Services.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Prepare training programs on quality management systems
- Train lab staff in zonal and satellite facilities on quality lab management
- Mentor staff in zonal and satelite facilities on quality lab management (QMS)and the establishment of internal and external quality controls
- Organize proficiency testing for distribution to laboratories, checking results, and (blowing up on any irregularities
- Collect monthly quality indicator data from laborator es, folow up on any oroblem results
- Ensure equipment is covered by servicing and preventative maintenance contracts
- Demonstrate skil and knowledge on all applicable laboratory test systems
- Maintain a high level of precision and accuracy for all testing
- Resoond to technical and logistical problems encountered in the program in a timely and appropriate manner
- Organize technical training programs where needed for equipment use, in conjunction with other
- Ensure technicians are well trained for tasks and are familiar with SOPs
- Ensure all assigned laboratory and related tasks are earned out in a timely, safe ard competent manner
- Maintain laboratory support for current studies nduding technical support and resolution of problems.
- Respond to on-site problems including equipment failures, utility failures, testing errors, personnel problems, supply shortages and government issues
- Ensure staff at supported laboratories are familiar with supply inventory to meet workload
- Record condition of existing equipment and the reagents status in their site
- Determine reagent and equipment needs working in conjunction with HJFMRI Laboratory Director
- Record condition of existing equipment and scheduled laboratory activities
- Respond to technical and logistical problems encountered in the laboratones in a timely and appropriate manner
- Provide input as required for updating laboratory procedures and procedure manuals
- Act as a Technical Acvisor for ensuring correction, transportation, labeling, testing, and storing of patient specimens for studies, as appropriate
- Write weekly/monthly reports regarding equipment and reagents status in the regions
- Assists with mplementation of new instrumentation, new methodobgy and Gaining as needed.
- Assists with tra ning and probbm solving as needed.
- Work close with RLTs and DLTs in their respective regiors.
- Folows al laboratory procedures including safety guidelines, the use of personal protective equipment and awareness of blood-borne pathogens.
- Ensures safe disposal of laboratory waste
- Maintains a dean and safe work environment.
- Demonstrates strong work ethics and integrity in al job functions
- Demonstrates a cooperative attitude in relationships with co-workers and other personnel.
- Meets or exceeds quality assurance levels of the laboratory and collaboration.
- Maintains confidentiality of project operations.
- Serves as an effective representative to interngl and external clients as well visitors in a courteous and empathic manner.
- Folows laboratory and colaboration polices.
- Uses all facilities and supplies with care and in a cost-effective manner.
- Assists or carries out other duties as assigned by the Laboratory Director
- Diploma/Advanced diploma in Medical Laboratory Techrobgy
- Graduate training in a laboratory science is an added advantage
- Knowledge of laboratory technology and quality system management
- Good understanding on running laboratory services in low-resource settings
- Excellent skil in laboratory test ng and analyses
- At least 5 years of experience working in a similar position
- PEPFAR experience is desirable
- Wilingness to abide by al ethics and compliance policies of HJF/MRI
How to Apply
Send your application by mail through post/EMS/DHL/ or any reliable Courier to the Human Resources and Administration Manager, P.O. Box 6396, Mbeya or transmitted by email to; [email protected]
NOTE: to be considered, applicants must put the TITLE OF THE JOB in the SUBJECT LINE, hand delivery applications are not accepted.Deadline for submission of the application is March 18th, 2019. Those who do not meet the minimum requirements as detailed below should not submit applications. .“CVs should not include any reference to marital status, birth place, as well as tribal and/or religious affiliations, Any CVs containing this information will not be considered for employment,”
HJFMRI is an equal opportunity employer; women are highly encouraged to apply.