Henry Jackson Foundation Jobs in Tanzania : General Accountant
Welcome to JobwebTanzania.com. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in Tanzania. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to [email protected]
- Company: Henry Jackson Foundation
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Mbeya Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Accounting Jobs in Tanzania
Henry Jackson Foundation Medical Research International (HJFMRI) In Support of the U.S. Military HIV Research Program (MHRP)is an international non-governmental organization working in several countries providing care and treatment to people affected by HIV/AIDS and conducting research studies and has been actively involved in HIV and AIDS programming for over 30 years.
HJFMRI implements PEPFAR funded HIV prevention, care and treatment activities in the Southern Highlands, providing resources., personnel and services to the Zone. The program has expanded from supporting the Mbeya Zonal Referral Hospital in becoming a hub for anti-retroviral treatment in the Southern Highlands zone; to community support through decentralized services, with the overall objective of implementing research, clinical HIV, prevention, care and treatment services in Mbeya, Rukwa, Katavi, Ruvuma and Songwe regions in the zone.
In collaboration with the Ministry of Health, Community Development, Gender, Elderly and Children (MoHC- DGEC) and community NGOs, HJFMRI has been leading a comprehensive HIV and AIDS care and support program in the Southern Highlands of Tanzania since 2004, The program, which is sub-contracting with Regional Health Management Teams (RHMTs) and 14 community outreach partners, extends to 25 district councils in the five regions. Collectively, the zone, which has one of the highest HIV prevalence rates in Tanzania, represents a catchment area with dose to 6 million people (13% of the population of Tanzania mainland). Despite remarkable achievements made over the past ten years, the expansion of HIV care and treatment interventions remains critical both at the facility as well as the community level.
HJFMRI is seeking qualified candidates to fill the position below. Cover letters and resumes should be sent by mail through post/EMS/DHL/ or any reliable Courier to the Human Resources and Administration Manager, P.O. Box 6396, Mbeya or transmitted by email to; [email protected] NOTE: to be considered, applicants must put the TITLE OF THE JOB in the SUBJECT LINE, hand delivery applications are not accepted.Deadline for submission of the application is March 18th, 2019. Those who do not meet the minimum requirements as detailed below should not submit applications. .“CVs should not include any reference to marital status, birth place, as well as tribal and/or religious affiliations, Any CVs containing this information will not be considered for employment,”
Job Title: General Accountant
Reports to: Accounting Manager
The purpose of this position is to ensure accuracy of entries; timelines of payments and financ al reporting to the program are done without delay.
The position holder has to perform balance sheet reconciliations and provides advice and support to staff in the areas of financial management.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Prepare documents by scrutinizing and verifying that al required attachments have been supplied before documents is channelec for approval, posting and payment process.
- Posting entries into Quick Book on a daily basis.
- Ensure all entries posted into QuickBooks are in compliance with International Financial reporting standard, GAAP and QuickBooks accounting and reporting manual.
- Initiating payments into the banking system or writing bank checks, while ensuring segregation of duty is strictly for each paid document is strictly observed between posting and payments.
- Ensurirg payments anc all other processes are in compliance with internal control policy and other policies.
- Prepare and submit al documents posted and paid through the bank to the senior accountants on a daily basis for QB check application and for reconciliation purpose.
- Maintain document workflow system and ensuring the document workflow template s ‘uly updated with daily posting and payments made.
- Ensure all payments are prooerly scanned and submitted to HQ,
- Reconciles financial discrepancies and errors as repoled by colecting and analyzing account information.
- Answers accounting procedure questions by researching and interpreting accounting policy and regulations.
- Enforcing internal policies to program staff, etc. Training SOP, Travel advance policy, Mpesa policy and other policies within the program.
- Prepares financial reports by colecting, analyzing, and summarizing account information and trends, as directed by the Senior Accountant and/or Accounting Manager.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Preparation of the monthly payroll entry for review by Senior AccountanL
- Prepares monthly closing schedules for review by Senior Accountant
- Reconcile bank accounts and clears any discrepancies in the balances by researching and analyzing the account information.
- Maintain and reconcle petty cash accounts on a monthly basis to be reviewed by the Senior Accountant
- Managing time sheets and make follow-up. Where necessary scanned them to HQ.
- Managing statutory deductions, NSSF, PPF, and PAYE Files in Monthly basis.
- Work with other program staff to understand program activities and appreciate the existing linkage with finance
- Take initiatives in understanding budget preparation, implementation and monitoring process and the overal financial management of the program
- Working while observing the Professional Code of Conduct (PICCO). Professional behavior, Integrity, Competence, Confidentiality and Objectivity. General accountant is directly obligated to report any misconduct obsen/ed or heard that is against these codes to the immediate supervisor or to the appropriate reporting channel.
- Undertake other assignments that you wil be assigned by the senior accountant, accounting manager and senior finance director.
- Bachelor Degree in Accounting with 7-10 years in a high volume transaction accounting department, or
- 2-3 year experience working in accounting with an international NGO. health related NGO especially desirable.
- CPA/ACCA is an added advantage
- From 2 years’ experience in Big Four Accounting firms
- Deadline-Oriented, Reporting Research Results, SFAS Rules, Time Management and Data Entry Management.
- 1-2 years of QuickBooks Enterprise or similar electronic accounting software experience
- Knowledge of the ful accounting cycle,
- Highly proficient in Excel and Word applications
- Highest level of deductive reasoning
- Ability to problen>solve and take initiative to resolve issues .
- Ability to communicate both in writing and verbally in English and Swahili
- Exceptional follow-through skills
- Ability to meet deadlines
How to Apply
Send your application by mail through post/EMS/DHL/ or any reliable Courier to the Human Resources and Administration Manager, P.O. Box 6396, Mbeya or transmitted by email to; [email protected]
NOTE: to be considered, applicants must put the TITLE OF THE JOB in the SUBJECT LINE, hand delivery applications are not accepted.Deadline for submission of the application is March 18th, 2019. Those who do not meet the minimum requirements as detailed below should not submit applications. .“CVs should not include any reference to marital status, birth place, as well as tribal and/or religious affiliations, Any CVs containing this information will not be considered for employment,”
HJFMRI is an equal opportunity employer; women are highly encouraged to apply.