Henry Jackson Foundation Jobs in Tanzania : Director, Strategic Information
Welcome to JobwebTanzania.com. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in Tanzania. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to [email protected]
- Company: Henry Jackson Foundation
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Mbeya Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Tanzania
Henry Jackson Foundation Medical Research International (HJFMRI) In Support of the U.S. Military HIV Research Program (MHRP)is an international non-governmental organization working in several countries providing care and treatment to people affected by HIV/AIDS and conducting research studies and has been actively involved in HIV and AIDS programming for over 30 years.
HJFMRI implements PEPFAR funded HIV prevention, care and treatment activities in the Southern Highlands, providing resources., personnel and services to the Zone. The program has expanded from supporting the Mbeya Zonal Referral Hospital in becoming a hub for anti-retroviral treatment in the Southern Highlands zone; to community support through decentralized services, with the overall objective of implementing research, clinical HIV, prevention, care and treatment services in Mbeya, Rukwa, Katavi, Ruvuma and Songwe regions in the zone.
In collaboration with the Ministry of Health, Community Development, Gender, Elderly and Children (MoHC- DGEC) and community NGOs, HJFMRI has been leading a comprehensive HIV and AIDS care and support program in the Southern Highlands of Tanzania since 2004, The program, which is sub-contracting with Regional Health Management Teams (RHMTs) and 14 community outreach partners, extends to 25 district councils in the five regions. Collectively, the zone, which has one of the highest HIV prevalence rates in Tanzania, represents a catchment area with dose to 6 million people (13% of the population of Tanzania mainland). Despite remarkable achievements made over the past ten years, the expansion of HIV care and treatment interventions remains critical both at the facility as well as the community level.
HJFMRI is seeking qualified candidates to fill the position below. Cover letters and resumes should be sent by mail through post/EMS/DHL/ or any reliable Courier to the Human Resources and Administration Manager, P.O. Box 6396, Mbeya or transmitted by email to; [email protected] NOTE: to be considered, applicants must put the TITLE OF THE JOB in the SUBJECT LINE, hand delivery applications are not accepted.Deadline for submission of the application is March 18th, 2019. Those who do not meet the minimum requirements as detailed below should not submit applications. .“CVs should not include any reference to marital status, birth place, as well as tribal and/or religious affiliations, Any CVs containing this information will not be considered for employment,”
The SI Director is responsible for monitoring and evaluating program objectives and activities executed under the President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR) for the HJF Medical Research International (HJFMRI) Program – Tanzania, located in Dar es Salaam, Tanzania. Under the supervision of the Executive Director, the incumbent wil direct the department to monitor progress, evaluate effectiveness, ensure continuous improvement, and disseminate results of HIV/AIDS prevention, care, and treatment programs under two cooperative agreements.
The incumbent will direct the identification of Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) needs among contracted partners, the implementation of Continuous Quality Improvement (CQI) activities, the development of data management systems, and the analysis and appropriate use of program data to improve performance. The incumbent will be responsible for the direction and development of all M&E staff in HJFMRI and partners. S/he will be expected to demonstrate integrity and strong work ethic in the performance of all duties with HJFMRI. This position wil be based in Dar es Salaam, with frequent travel throughout Tanzania.
Leadership and Direction (85% of time)
Providing direction for SI in HJFMRI requires strong leadership and direct supervision of several staff members; including developing performance plans and overseeing routine evaluation of staff performance. The incumbent shal:
- Lead the SI Department and manage all aspects of SI/M&E including data collection, cleaning, analysis, reporting and utilization to guide internal project planning, and inform external partners about project activities and accomplishments.
- Provide leadership to ensure Standard Operating Procedures for all M&E and Quality Improvement activities wel defined and effectively utilized
- Ensure CQI strategies like PDSAand STOC are utilized to improve data quality and use,
- Direct and develop all M&E personnel across the program to ensure continuous communication between policy-level government staff, field staff, donor staff, and senior management.
- Provide technical support to HJFMRI staff in designing, implementing and evaluating a broad range of M&E activities to provide information that enables HJFMRI to : (1) improve its ability to develop and implement intervention strategies/programs to reduce HIV risk behaviors; (2) improve the treatment, care and support of HIV/AIDS patients; (3) improve organizational capacity to monitor and evaluate the processes, outcomes, and impact of HIV/AIDS prevention and care programs; and (4) maintain quality standards of M&E activities.
- Cdaborate closely with the Research Department in the design, implementation, and oversight of monitoring and program evaluation studies (quantitative and qualitative), including identifying and leading the response to opportunities for program research.
- Assist to develop the research skills and build capacity of HJFMRI staff to successfuly conduct research activities.
- Disseminate regular monthly oral/written reports for senior team members on the progress of HIV/AIDS program activities, based on data analyzed by M&E Officers.
- Design and implement capacity building on how to monitor and evaluate HIV/AIDS programs, use M&E data, and report progress to key stakeholders of M&E staff at HJFMRI and partners
- Oversee the development and implementation ofSI specific documents such as annual work plans and budgets, M&E framework, and an M&E Plan for all HJFMRI PEPFAR activities.
- Keep abreast of developments regarding program changes and progress, in order to advise and recommend tools and strategies to increase program performances and results
- Work closely with senior staff to meet data demands for program performance improvement
- Work closely with HJF HQ staff to implement strategies that improve program performance
- Other duties as assigned
External programmatic activities (15% of time)
- Support and provide input to the SI TWG during COP reporting, and SAPR/APR reporting periods as necessary.
- Liaise with stakeholders to support the harmonization of M&E systems and tools currently in use.
- Oversee efforts to build M&E and data analysis capacity in partner organizations
- Liaise closely and regularly with HJFMRI HQ and donor team in Dar es Salaam to ensure compliance with al SI expectations and requirements
- Ability to effectively handle change and to present ideas that motivate staff to strive for increased program effectiveness
- Demonstrated interest in and ability to coach and develop staff
- Demonstrated ability to lead and manage program activities and staff.
- Demonstrated respect for ethics and fiscal stewardship.
- Demonstrated ability to model teamwork behaviors and team building skills.
- Demonstrated analytical skills and experience to identify and evaluate best practices in continuous quality improvement, data for decision-making, and program monitoring and evaluation.
- Masters degree in public health, epidemiology, social sciences, statistics, or a related field.
- Seven or more years of experience with progressive responsibility in monitoring and evaluation of health programs
- At least five years of experience with PEPFAR in sub-Saharan Africa or comparable resource-limited settings preferred.
- Ability to work with technical and program management staff from Ministries of Health in sub-Saharan Africa.
- Fluent in oral and written Kiswahili and English.
- Strong skills in MS Excel, Word, PowerPoint and/or Access, and at least one data management software program (SAS, SPSS, and STATA).
- Strong writing, presentation, and organisational skills.
How to Apply
Send your application by mail through post/EMS/DHL/ or any reliable Courier to the Human Resources and Administration Manager, P.O. Box 6396, Mbeya or transmitted by email to; [email protected]
NOTE: to be considered, applicants must put the TITLE OF THE JOB in the SUBJECT LINE, hand delivery applications are not accepted.Deadline for submission of the application is March 18th, 2019. Those who do not meet the minimum requirements as detailed below should not submit applications. .“CVs should not include any reference to marital status, birth place, as well as tribal and/or religious affiliations, Any CVs containing this information will not be considered for employment,”
HJFMRI is an equal opportunity employer; women are highly encouraged to apply.