Headmaster, Primary School at Siha Leadership Academy Primary School
Welcome to JobwebTanzania.com. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in Tanzania. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to [email protected]
- Company: Siha Leadership Academy Primary School
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Education/Teaching Jobs in Tanzania
Job Description The Trustees Poor Uneducated Children and Widows Ministry Foundation (PUNCHWMI) is a registered Tanzanian non-government which is located in Siha District. The organization has the vision of Siha District to be a community of God-fearing educated people who will be is a river of blessing to others. The mission statement of the organization is to build the kingdom of God by providing a school of spiritual and academic excellence and by ministering to the needs of the community and teaching them how to minister to others.
The Trustees is looking for qualified candidates to fill the position of Headmaster at PUNCHMI English Medium Primary School, The School is located in Karansi Village, Karansi Ward, Siha District, Kilimanjaro Region in the same Campus with the Trustee. At the heart of PUNCHMI is a Tanzanian English-Medium Primary School of excellence. All of the students are from the rural poor living in the local community.
Title: Headmaster, Primary School Role: Create a shared vision of academic success for all faculty and students. Create a climate that allows education to flourish. Develop leadership in others. .
Candidate must have:
• Bachelor’s Degree of Education.
• At least 3 years’ history of effective organizational management and leadership.
• At least 3 years’ history of developing leaders and building effective teams.
• An ability to set goals and accomplish them on time.
• Excellent decision-making and problem-solving skills.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills in both Swahili and English.
• Excellent interpersonal skills, able to interact and work well with teachers, students, administrators and parents.
Candidate must be:
• A Tanzanian citizen
• A born-again Christian of the highest integrity.
• Willing to work in a rural area.
• A servant leader.
• Able to build a high-performing team.
• Creative, innovative and self-motivated.
• An effective manager of their time.
Duties include (but are not limited to):
The position reports directly to the Managing Director.
• Communicate the vision of the school to the board, partners, administration, faculty, parents and students of the school.
• Oversee the implementation of the long-term strategic planning of the school.
• Create a culture of discipline and excellence, driven by high standards for all teachers and students.
• Ensue that the school timetable is strictly followed.
• Develop a cooperative partnership between the school and the students’ parents.
• Develop an open and welcoming climate at the school which makes all who visit the school feel welcomed.
• Manage income, resources and expenditures in compliance with the approved academic budget.
• Develop and execute a plan to recruit and hire great teachers.
• Develop a professional community of teachers who guide one another in improving instruction by overseeing the assignment, evaluation, training, encouragement, discipline and inspiration of the teaching staff.
• Make sure student needs are met by working with faculty to determine students’ needs and by making sure that policies are in place to meet those needs, resulting in positive learning experience for all students.
• Monitor cultural trends in the school—correcting negative trends and inspiring positive cultural growth—by consistently being involved in the life of the school as an observer and participant, resulting in a godly culture.
• Direct curriculum development by envisioning the faculty of the school, resulting in the use of the best curriculum available.
• Discover best practices in the broader academic community and tailor them to the school’s unique needs.
• Oversee and guide the development of the standards and policies of the school.
• Oversee student recruitment.
• Provide a detailed monthly report to the Managing Director on the progress and activities of the school.
• To perform any other work as assigned by the Managing Director.
Job Education Requirements: Bachelor’s Degree
How to Apply
Please manually apply for this job using the details below: Respond no later than 10- September-2019. Please provide the following: • An application cover letter explaining your commitment and suitability based on the roles of the position. • Current CV • Current contact information – mobile phone and e-mail • Birth certificate • References one being your Pastor. • Please, no national exam results, university transcripts or any other certificates, awards, etc., at this time. Only short-listed candidates will be required to provide these documents. Submit to: E-mail: [email protected] Postal mail: Managing Director PUNCHWMI Foundation P.O. Box 224 Sanya Juu, Siha, Kilimanjaro.