Head; Procurement (Re-Advertised) at NMB Bank Plc
Welcome to JobwebTanzania.com. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in Tanzania. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to [email protected]
- Company: NMB Bank Plc
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Banking Jobs in Tanzania
- The Head of Procurement provides leadership, vision, direction and structure to the procurement function to drive effective, efficient and value-add procurement planning, sourcing and contract management aligned with the bank’s strategic priorities and business needs.
- Lead the Procurement operations and implementation of Bank-wide Procurement strategic objectives in line with overall bank business strategy.
- Develop and implement overarching policies, procedures, systems, structures and frameworks for all procurement related activities to deliver best practice procurement and contract management solutions
- Provide expert, authoritative advice to key stakeholders on all aspects of procurement strategy and practice to inform business planning and action, encourage innovative approaches and enhance value through improved procurement efficiency and outcomes
- Lead high level negotiations with procurement partners and suppliers and establish collaborative stakeholder and strategic supplier relationships to maximise the bank’s influence and to develop and implement procurement arrangements and initiatives that deliver optimal value for money outcomes
- Advise business leads and provide customised solutions to build procurement capability and performance across the bank
- Establish and lead a bank wide procurement governance and risk management framework to monitor, manage and drive procurement performance, ensure compliance with relevant legislative and policy, manage risks and realise business opportunities.
- Contribute to the development of business unit strategy by providing a view on potential improvements for procurement systems and assessment of the existing situation and anticipated changes within and outside environment
- Through evaluations of competitive proposals, assist user departments in selecting the Vendor most appropriate to meet their needs. Ensure selection is fair and legally defensible. Monitor Vendor and product performance to ensure they continually meet the highest standards and leads negotiations with vendors when appropriate and as permitted by law
- Establish key performance indicators and qualitative and quantitative metrics to capture, report and evaluate the benefit and performance of all procurement activity and lead improvement planning and implementation in consultation with key stakeholders and suppliers.
- Establish new process and systems for effective procurement across the Bank, develop an E-Procurement vision and identify solution for Navision upgrade; investigate opportunities for broader savings on procurement by conducting in-house vs. Outsource.
- Manage and /or execute all the Bank’s procurement, within approved signature authority guidelines in a centralized environment, including high dollar value and high complex purchases.
- As a member to the Management Tender Committee, play a role of escalation point of all procurement issues for guidance and address all procurement related audit queries (internal and external auditors) and Bank of Tanzania
- Review and give assurance to the CEO to sign/approve all contracts related to the Bank engagements with other Business stakeholders. Risk Management through negotiated procurement contracts and service level agreement
- Manage all strategic outsourcing arrangement for the Bank as per Bank of Tanzania Outsourcing Policy and guideline, Manage the due diligence process to all business stakeholders and risk assessment for decision making before contract award
- Analyse effectiveness of the procurement processes in use and make recommendations for improvements; Prepare and present various project proposals to the Management Tender Committee for discussion and approval.
- Manage departmental budgets including recommending invoices for payments and proposals/ quotes, prepare budget for the procurement department and give inputs of price indications to user department
- Play a role of commercial negotiations for the Bank to ensure value for money is realized, Prepare Quarterly Procurement report for the Board
- Lead in the establishment and maintenance of relationships with Executives team (budget holders) and ensure that procurement is aligned with their business objectives and enlist their support and some level of their resources in participating in supply base improvement efforts.
Leadership & People Management:
- Determine and analyse training and development needs for procurement department ensure that identified training is executed.
- Act as a second level of escalation point for all grievances raised in the unit, Work with direct reports in the team to achieve excellent business results through continuous people development and monitoring activities.
- Define and implement plan of the policies by translating policy statements and concepts into action-able requirements and assigning roles and responsibilities amongst staff, engage staff in policies implementation by communicating expectations providing coaching and support.
- Manage staff and daily operations of the procurement department to ensure all requirements of the Bank are met in a timely, efficient, effective and ethical manner and that they are all in line with the Bank’s procurement policy and procedures.
- Monitor compliance to all policies requirements and advise management of any gaps by conducting periodic reviews. Ensure effective quantification of all procurement risks by maintaining a framework for financial quantification and applying it across the procurement risk register.
- Agree targets and take accountability for the overall achievements of performance objectives in the business area and the Procurement department in terms of employee satisfaction, customer experience, and cost performance, return on investments, risk, and compliance and governance requirements.
- Review performance against balanced scorecard components as prescribed by the executives, discuss gaps and agree action plans to close the gaps. Agree and manage service offerings and SLAs with internal customers (agree annually and measure on monthly basis).
- Provide clear direction to team members on the strategic plan and key focus areas and ensure their understanding and buy-in, Benchmark productivity of the department against industry standards and create measures to improve productivity.
- Establish and maintain a succession plan/training for the key roles in procurement department, motivate employee in the department and ensure that their efforts are recognized.
Knowledge and Skills
- Business understanding of legislation covering procurement issues
- Knowledge in Financials including Budgeting and cost control tools and techniques
- Understanding of Governance Issues, Enterprise Risk Management and Business Continuity Planning
- Conversant with modern Sourcing and Contract Management
- Knowledge on Logistic and Supply chain management as a whole
- Robust negotiation skills with ability to influence.
- Change Management skills and with ability take varying approaches with a dynamic set of stakeholders
- Ability to think analytically and strategically with problem-solving skills
- Strong leadership skills and interpersonal skills
- Excellent communication skills
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain Management, Procurement and Logistics, Economics, Finance, Engineering or related field from a recognized university.
- A Master’s degree in Procurement and Supply Chain will be an added advantage.
- Must be a holder of CSP (T)/CPSP (T) and registered with the Procurement and Supplies Professionals and Technicians Board (PSPTB).
- At least 15 years of working experience in Procurement/Supply Chain Management, with 5 years in Managerial role in a Corporate/Financial environment.
- A proven track record of delivering large savings and other value through handling complex negotiations on both technical and non-technical procurement for an organization.
NMB Bank Plc is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Please be advised that if you are not contacted within 14 working days of the advert closing date then you have not been shortlisted.