Head, PBB Credit at Standard Bank Group
Welcome to JobwebTanzania.com. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in Tanzania. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to [email protected]
- Company: Standard Bank Group
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Banking Jobs in Tanzania
Risk Management: understanding all risks – from the economic to the political – that could affect our global business, and offering guidance to all parts of the bank
To provide effective value adding risk management services to assist Personal and Business Banking Division in achieving its asset growth targets whilst maintaining a high quality loan book through judicious and effective management thereof. The management of credit risk includes end-to-end processes with regard to PBB lending value chain including the related credit support functions.
- Partner with Personal and Business Banking (PBB) Division at country level in setting strategies and achievement of asset (lending) growth and profitability targets.
- Provide expert advice to PBB on credit risk, portfolio analysis, credit assessment and management as well as internal controls.
- Decision-making (approvals, raising of provisions, write-offs, security releases) pertaining to credit assessment of applications and account servicing as per authorized delegated lending authority.
- Ensure that people development framework and processes, including recruitment and selection, performance management, succession, leadership capacity building and developing people in the context of future capacity requirements in the PBB lending function are implemented and utilized.
- Regulatory Compliance – Responsibility and accountability for the following:
- Ensure that all shortcomings highlighted in internal and external reports are sufficiently and timeously addressed and the necessary actions taken to correct negative findings.
- Monitoring compliance with laws, regulations and supervisory requirements and prudential guidelines on asset quality, large exposures and insider loans and the Banking Act in respect of all PBB lending.
- Ensure that internal reporting requirements both at country and head office level are strictly adhered to on a timely basis to enable informed decision making as and when appropriate.
Preferred Qualification and Experience
- Bachelors degree or higher in Business Studies, or related field
- Wide Banking experience, particularly pertaining to credit risk understanding and management as well as Banking processes and risk alignment between markets, products and the usage thereof
- Sound knowledge and understanding of advances, credit criteria, policies and procedures, risk and financial analysis, credit control and the application thereof.
- Sound understanding of the bank’s systems, policies and procedures in order to optimally draw on the available information to manage and control the credit granting and post credit granting processes, excesses, expired limits, irregular and dormant accounts etc.
- Sound understanding of all existing and/or potential industry sectors where there are/could be lending opportunities.
- Good knowledge of commercial law, accounting, finance, economics and marketing. A first Degree in any of these subject areas is thus considered necessary.
- Good knowledge of relevant local laws and regulations.