Group Manager – Health, Safety Security, and Environment at ZOLA Electric
Welcome to JobwebTanzania.com. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in Tanzania. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to [email protected]
- Company: ZOLA Electric
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Tanzania
Zola is on track to light over a million homes across five African countries with clean, affordable solar energy. At the heart of our business is innovative solutions that delight our customers. We are looking for a Group Manager- HSSE to join our team either to support our growth strategy in Africa, changing the lives of millions with our innovative products.
ZOLA Electric was founded in 2012 with a mission to make clean, reliable, affordable energy available to all. Over one billion people worldwide have no access to electricity at all — more than when Edison powered his first light bulb. Another billion cannot rely on their electrical supply, with voltage spikes and long outages disrupting their businesses and lives.
ZOLA builds beautiful, reliable solar & storage power systems specifically designed to work off-grid and with unreliable grids. These systems enable our customers to generate, store and manage their own 24 hour power supply, becoming independent of unreliable power grids and dirty backup generators. ZOLA’s systems are modular and scalable, allowing customers to solve any power problem, anywhere.
ZOLA’s solution combines revolutionary technology with an equally revolutionary business model. Pre-paid financing is built into all of ZOLA’s energy systems, allowing our customers to buy them over time with money they save or earn. Just as the mobile phone allowed emerging markets to leapfrog landlines, ZOLA enables our customers to leapfrog the electric grid.
This may be your dream job if you’re someone who dreams of combining your knowledge and skills enablingZola to change the renewable energy landscape. You’ll also need to be passionate about bringing solar energy to off-grid and other underserved markets (billions of people around the world) with the unique social, technical, and business challenges that come along with it. You are inspired by the opportunity to unleash whole continents of human potential, and motivated to help build a truly epic business.
Zola Electric’s investors include: SolarCity, Vulcan Capital, DBL Partners, The Packard Foundation, Helios Investment Partners. Zola Electric is the recipient of the 2016 UN Momentum for Change Award, Zayed Future Energy Prize, and the 2015 Global Cleantech 100. For more information, visit www.zolaelectric.com.
The Group Manager- HSSE is responsible for all Health, Safety Security and Environment policies and procedures across the countries where Zola operates.
The role holder is responsible for developing and leading the execution of health and safety plans in the workplace according to the applicable country legal guidelines,preparing and enforcing establish a culture of health and safety and evaluating practices, procedures and facilities to assess risk and adherence to the specific local country legislation.
As a safety manager you must have excellent attention to detail to identify hazards and be passionate about instilling an HSSE culture.
You will also be able to discover opportunities for improving conditions and execute various safety programs. The ability to communicate guidelines to a multidisciplinary, multicultural workforce is essential.
- Develop and execute health and safety plans in the workplace according to applicable legal guidelines.
- Prepare and enforce HSSE policies to establish a culture of health and safety.
- Evaluate practices, procedures and facilities to assess risk and adherence to the law.
- Conduct training and presentations for health and safety matters and accident prevention.
- Monitor compliance with policies and laws by inspecting employees and operations.
- Inspect equipment and machinery to observe possible unsafe conditions.
- Investigate accidents or incidents to discover causes and handle worker’s compensation claims.
- Recommend solutions to issues, improvement opportunities or new prevention measures.
- Report on monthly health and safety awareness, issues and statistics
- Proven experience as an HSSE manager in a multinational organisation,
- Deep understanding of legal health and safety guidelines across Africa
- Ability in producing reports and developing relevant policies
- Good knowledge of data analysis and risk assessment
- Excellent organizational and motivational skills
- Outstanding attention to detail and observation ability
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal abilities
- BSc/BA in Health and Safety management or relevant field is preferred
- A valid certification such as NEBOSH International General Certificate is a prerequisite for the role.