Greenlight Planet Jobs in Tanzania : Sales Representative
Welcome to JobwebTanzania.com. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in Tanzania. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to [email protected]
- Company: Greenlight Planet
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Sales/Marketing Jobs in Tanzania
Location: Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
Greenlight Planet is a multi-national, for-profit business that designs, distributes, and finances solar-powered home energy products, with an underserved population in mind: the 1.3 billion global consumers for whom the old-fashioned electrical grid is either unavailable or too expensive.
Over a decade in business, the company is now a leading global brand in emerging markets across Asia and Sub-Saharan Africa. Greenlight’s Sun King™ products provide modern light and energy to 32 million people in more than 60 countries and have sold over 8 million products worldwide.
From the company’s wide range of trusted Sun King™ solar lamps and home energy systems, to its innovative distribution partnerships, to its EasyBuy™ pay-as-you-go consumer financing model, Greenlight Planet continuously strives to meet the evolving needs of the off-grid market.
Greenlight stays in touch with underserved consumers’ needs in part by operating its own direct-to-consumer sales network, including thousands of trusted sales agents (called as “Sun King Energy Officers”) in local communities across local communities. For Sun King Energy Officers, this is not only a good source of income and employment but also they become an important member of their community bring light and catering to local energy needs within their communities.
Today, with over 1100 full-time employees in 11 countries, we remain continuously impressed at how each new team member contributes unique and innovative solutions to the global off-grid challenge, from new product designs, to innovative sales and distribution strategies, to setting up better collection mechanisms, to better training strategies, to more efficient logistical and after-sales service systems. We listen closely to each other to improve our products, our service, and ultimately, the lives of underserved consumers.
The Area Sales Representative will run cash business with distributors, serve existing partners by providing product and service information, supporting trade activations while resolving product issues effectively.
Key responsibilities for the role:
- Recruiting retail distributors in the respective region for Sun King products
- Developing new business; prospecting, qualifying and closing new channel partners in the respective regions
- Delivering of the regional revenue and unit sales targets
- Managing the relationships with the regional channel partners through all phases of the sales cycle
- Coordinating all collaborative activities that accrue to cash customers in the regions and ensuring timely execution of sales
- Generating periodical reports to the line supervisor indicating progress on targets and flagging gaps and how they can be closed
- Putting in place systems and routines that ensure recruited retail distributors in the region cover the market effectively to achieve set unit & revenue targets
- Representing the company in as far as national channel partner activities are concerned in the regions
- Collection of market intelligence on competitor; Activity, Pricing, Promotion and Innovation with periodic reporting responsibility
The ideal candidate:
• Holds a Bachelor’s Degree in any business-related field
• Has at least two years working experience
• Is experienced in FMCGs, Telecom or consumer electronics will be a bonus
• Has effective communication skills with excellent planning and project management ability
• Should understand the geographical location of Dar salaam
• Should be willing to travel within the region assigned 75% of the time
• Should have a valid drivers license
• Should possess effective communication and inter-personal skills
• Should have the willingness and ability to develop within the role
We are looking for someone who is driven, passionate and excited about the opportunity to bring honest, affordable, energy to homes in Africa and Asia. If this sounds like you, we would love to hear from you.
Greenlight Planet offers a competitive salary, a fun, supportive work environment and opportunities for continued professional growth within a fast-growing global enterprise.
Greenlight Planet believes in equal opportunity for all people, everywhere. It is the reason we exist! So, regardless of your race, color, religion, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, national origin, HIV/AIDS status, disability or any other protected characteristic as established by law, we will accept your application and make a decision based on your suitability for the position.