Global Health Supply Chain Program Jobs in Tanzania : Supply Chain Advisor (IMPACT teams)
Welcome to JobwebTanzania.com. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in Tanzania. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to [email protected]
- Company: Global Health Supply Chain Program
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: NGO Jobs in Tanzania
The Supply Chain Advisor (IMPACT teams) will work under the technical guidance of the Capacity Building and Data use Team Lead, and will focus on implementing the IMPACT team approach, is a people centered, data driven quality improvement approach. S/he will identify and encourage the adoption of leading practices for mentoring and building the skills of relevant stakeholders within the Government of Tanzania (GoT) around data use for performance improvement through the design and institutionalization of IMPACT teams. S/he will work with in country stakeholders including the President’s Office of Regional Administration and Local Government (PO-RALG), the Ministry of Health, Community Development, Gender, Elderly and Children (MOHCDGEC), and Medical Stores Department (MSD) in building capacity in using supply chain systems and data for decision making, and to take actions to improve product availability. S/he will champion data use and data quality improvement efforts throughout the supply chain. This position will be based in Dodoma or Dar es Salaam, with occasional travel to zones.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Support the implementation of the IMPACT team approach to support supply chain performance improvement.
- Maintain and manage all relevant materials and tools for implementation of IMPACT teams, including training curriculum and standard operating procedures
- Identify and implement ways to improve IMPACT team approach and tools, including data analysis and use, dashboard and tool development, and the projects approach to implementation, including training approaches and methodology
- Work closely with the Logistics Management Services (LMS) Advisors and the LMS to align IMPACT team activities with other activities improving data quality and use, share lessons learned and best practices, and harmonize approaches and objectives
- Collaborate with other GHSC TA-TZ staff to monitor the performance of IMPACT teams
- Build capacity within relevant partners such as PO-RALG, implementing partners, and GHSC TA-TZ staff in IMPACT teams
- Contribute IMPACT team training materials and capacity building materials to the eLearning platform, as appropriate
- Ensure workplan activities for the IMPACT team approach are completed on time and of high quality
- Document success stories, best practices, and lessons learned in IMPACT teams
- Serve as a technical resource for project staff for implementing supply chain improvement strategies and management approaches related to capacity building.
- Support other capacity building activities as needed.
- Prepare presentations, participate and/or represent the project in stakeholder meetings.
- Complete and submit in a timely fashion written technical and trip reports.
- Perform other duties as assigned
Applicants for this position should be Tanzanian nationals or lawful residents who possess the following minimum qualifications:
- A qualified Pharmacist, advanced degree in Public Health, Supply Chain, or related field.
- Five years of experience in health programs, including experience in Tanzania’s public health supply chain.
- Experience providing supply chain trainings and conversant in adult learning
- Knowledge of various electronic health information systems such as eLMIS
- Ability to analyze supply chain data, conduct root cause analysis, and prepare quality presentation/reports
- Ability to coach and mentor public sector stakeholders to use supply chain data for performance improvement.
- Knowledge of leading practices related to human resource capacity building
- Proven strong leadership skills and ability to build strong interpersonal relationships
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to handle multiple tasks, set priorities and work independently.
- Excellent technical writing and oral presentation skills highly desired
- Excellent written and verbal English
- A proven ability to work as part of a team and to be self-managing
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Experience working with the Government of Tanzania and other NGOs preferred.
- Previous work experience with USAID-funded projects desirable.
- Ability to travel for an extended period away from duty station to support technical activities
How to Apply
Interested candidates are invited to send their cover letters, Curriculum Vitae with names and contact details of 3 work related references, enclosing certificate copies of relevant education and training.
Submission may be sent to – [email protected] by 20th March, 2019.
Only candidates meeting the minimum requirements will be contacted. If you have not heard from us within two weeks after the closing date, kindly assume that your application was not successful.
GHSC is an equal opportunity employer.