Global Health Supply Chain Program Jobs in Tanzania : e-Learning Advisor
Welcome to JobwebTanzania.com. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in Tanzania. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to [email protected]
- Company: Global Health Supply Chain Program
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Tanzania
The Global Health Supply Chain Program Technical Assistance – Tanzania (GHSC TA-TZ) project, supported by the United States Agency for International Development (USAID), provides expert technical assistance to Tanzania to strengthen country supply chain systems across all health elements, e.g., malaria, family planning (FP), HIV/AIDS, tuberculosis (TB) and maternal, newborn and child health (MNCH), and essential medicines. In coordination with in-country and development partners, GHSC TA-TZ assists Government of Tanzania (GoT) by providing strategic planning and implementation assistance; improving the delivery of health commodities to service sites; providing capacity building support to broaden stakeholders’ understanding and engagement of the supply chain system; and strengthening enabling environments to improve supply chain performance.
The e-learning Advisor will work as a part of the Capacity Building and Data Use Team under the technical guidance of the Capacity Building and Data Use Team Lead. He/she will provide technical support in ensuring appropriate use of electronic technologies to promote learning and skills building on health supply chain to the health supply chain community in the country. This position focuses on supporting the content development and use of an e-learning platform and electronic tools to deliver health supply chain related topics. He/she will work with in-country stakeholders including the Ministry of Health, Community Development, Gender, Elderly, and Children (MOHCDGEC), President’s Office – Regional Administration and Local Government (PO-RALG), Medical Stores Department (MSD), Pharmacy Council, eGA, higher learning institutions, COSTECH, implementing partners and other stakeholders to support human resource capacity building in supply chain for Tanzania by use of the e-Learning platforms. His/ her priorities will also include supporting the implementation of cost- effective and sustainable training approaches.
Responsibilities may include, but not be limited to:
- Activity and stakeholder management – lead the overall e-learning platform activity, collaborating with identified stakeholders
- Implement the e-learning project plan
- In collaboration with the GoT and other partners, plan and execute the development and implementation of an e-learning platform,
- Routinely convene identified stakeholders to present progress on development, and key actions needed from each stakeholder
- Ensure key stakeholders are adhering to their agreed upon roles and responsibilities
- Routinely monitor the status of implementation of e-learning activities in the GHSC TA-TZ workplan, identifying and addressing obstacles to implementation
- Content development
- Work with GoT and key stakeholders to identify activities that can utilize the e-learning platform in improving the abilities of in-service staff to successfully complete their supply chain management job responsibilities
- Develop/ support the development of training content in collaboration with key stakeholders including MOHCDGEC, PO-RALG and others
- Work with GoT and key stakeholders to identify activities that support assess and use of e-learning platform in improving the abilities of in-service staff to successfully complete their Supply Chain Management job responsibilities
- Liaise with software developers to ensure that the platform developed reflects user needs, and effectively delivers content
- Support the design and development of response system to a range of e-learning platform user queries
- Advise on the appropriate use of a range of educational technologies and act as an advocate for the appropriate use of educational technologies.
- Collaborate with colleagues from other teams across information services and MIS to propose and support implementation of stable and resilient e-learning services, and to develop new tools and resources.
- Implementation, Pilot and evaluation
- Launch the e-learning platform, and monitor its use
- Identify and prioritize enhancements, administration, maintenance and providing appropriate support and training resources.
- Support the evaluate the e-learning platform use
- Other capacity building work
- Participate in the identification, planning, implementation and coordination of other interventions needed to address human resource capacity in supply chain by supporting the GoT, development and implementation partners.
- Ensure all up to date versions of training materials and other supporting documents are available.
- Complete and submit in a timely fashion written technical and trip reports.
- Work with other GHSC staff to help identify resources and/or performance improvement needs in order to advance the goal of commodity security.
- Provide inputs to the operations team to budget for Capacity Building activities including meetings, trainings, and other activities.
- Ensure timely submissions of all relevant GHSC TA-TZ deliverables
- Other duties as assigned.
Applicants for this position should be Tanzanian nationals or lawful residents who possess the following minimum qualifications:
- Degree in Education, Statistics, Computer Science, Health Sciences, Organizational Development or related field (advanced degree preferred)
- Basic knowledge of a wide range of e-learning systems and a detailed understanding of learning agenda, personnel development planning, and transferable skills training
- Knowledge on e-learning platforms (e.g. Moodle) management and administration
- Experience developing and implementing e-learning initiatives for development projects
- Experience in developing training content
- Ability to lead activities/discussions/meetings involving the participation of up to 10 people.
- Familiarity with the Tanzanian health supply chain and stakeholders is strongly desired
- Ability to take appropriate action to ensure urgent problems are resolved as quickly as possible, perhaps taking direct independent action
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Knowledge of leading practices related to human resource capacity building for supply chain management desirable,
- Ability to plan own daily schedule, priorities different tasks, arrange meetings and use resources effectively.
- Ability to build strong interpersonal relationships and ability to work in a team
- Experience working with the Government of Tanzania and/or other NGOs preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal English and Swahili.
- Ability to work independently.
- Proficiency in common computer packages (e.g. Word, PowerPoint, Excel) relevant to the work.
- Able to travel for an extended period in country to support technical activities.
- Able to travel internationally to attend trainings and conferences as needed.
How to Apply
Interested candidates are invited to send their cover letters, Curriculum Vitae with names and contact details of 3 work related references, enclosing certificate copies of relevant education and training.
Submission may be sent to – [email protected] by 20th March, 2019.
Only candidates meeting the minimum requirements will be contacted. If you have not heard from us within two weeks after the closing date, kindly assume that your application was not successful.
GHSC is an equal opportunity employer.