Global Health Supply Chain Program Job Vacancy : Program Officer and Administrative Support
Welcome to JobwebTanzania.com. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in Tanzania. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to [email protected]
- Company: Global Health Supply Chain Program
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Logistics/Transportation Jobs in Tanzania
JOB TITLE: Program Officer and Administrative Support
LOCATION: Dar es Salaam
REPORTS TO: Chief of Party
The Global Health Supply Chain Program Technical Assistance – Tanzania (GHSC TA-TZ) project, supported by the United States Agency for International Development (USAID), provides expert technical assistance to Tanzania to strengthen country supply chain systems across all health elements, e.g., malaria, family planning (FP), HIV/AIDS, tuberculosis (TB) and maternal, newborn and child health (MNCH). In coordination with in-country and development partners, GHSC-TA-TZ assists Government of Tanzania health programs by providing strategic planning and implementation assistance; improving the delivery of health commodities to service sites; providing capacity building support to broaden stakeholders’ understanding and engagement of the supply chain system; and strengthening enablinq environments to improve supply chain performance. SUMMARY:
GHSC TA-TZ is recruiting for Program Officer to provide operational administrative support for the implementation of workplan activities as well as lead management of large scale conferences such as the Annual Supply Chain Summit.
Additionally, this position will provide operational support to ensure project materials are filled according to internal protocol and administer internal and external meetings with clients.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Ensure all project deliverables are in project approved templates
- Manage the project’s filing system and ensure all final deliverables are saved appropriately.
- For USAID meetings and other selected meetings, call for agenda items, take minutes, and circulate
- Assist in workplan activity and deliverable tracking
- Coordinate and provide input to annual workplan
- Provide support to technical staff, including preparation of presentations or documentation
- Support administrative implementation of trainings and workshops, i.e., paying out per diem rates, organizing conference facilities and booking venues, liaising with vendors.
- Support the Technical Manager in the planning, development, and execution of the Tanzania Health Supply Chain Summit including:
– Convene summit planning committee
- Finalize theme, topics, and timetable for the summit
- Execute marketing plan for the summit, and ensure that communication on conferences are timely, and communicated through relevant channels and reach relevant audiences
- Manage participant registration
- Confirm attendance of keynote speakers and other speakers/presenters, and ensure they understand logistics around their presentations (time, format, etc)
- Liaise with venue to ensure success of summit
- Recruit and manage volunteers for the summit
- Process all requests such as room set-up, catering needs and audio visual device requirements.
- Prepare travel arrangements for participants, as appropriate
- Print conference materials and prepare welcome packets
- Maintain high-level of professionalism and competence when dealing with clients
- Perform other duties as assigned
Applicants for this position should be Tanzanian nationals or lawful residents who possess the following minimum qualifications:
- A degree in business administration, public administration, human resources and advanced diploma in related studies
- Ability to take initiative and work in teams.
- Extremely organized and detail oriented.
- Excellent verbal and written English and Swahili.
- Proficiency in Microsoft -Word, -Excel and -Office.
- Proficiency with google drive, google survey, and google docs.
- Experience with a USAID-funded project and knowledge of USAID rules and regulations strongly desired.
- Experience working with an NGO strongly desired.
How to Apply
Interested candidates are invited to send their cover letters, Curriculum Vitae with names and contact details of 3 work related references, enclosing certificate copies of relevant education and training.
Submission may be sent to [email protected] by 22nd March, 2019.
Only candidates meeting the minimum requirements will be contacted. If you have not heard from us within two weeks after the closing date, kindly assume that your application was not successful.
GHSC is an equal opportunity employer.