GIS Officer at Geita Urban Water Supply and Sanitation Authority
Welcome to JobwebTanzania.com. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in Tanzania. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to [email protected]
- Company: Geita Urban Water Supply and Sanitation Authority
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Public Sector Jobs in Tanzania
Geita Urban Water Supply and Sanitation Authority (GEUWASA) is Semi-Autonomous Government Agency operating under the Ministry of Water and Irrigation. It was declared water board on 29st May 2002 by the Minister responsible for water and published in the Government notice 258 on 20st June 2002 in accordance with the water works act, Cap 272 to operate and manage water supply and sanitation service in Geita town.
In order to attain GEUWASA vision and Mission, GEUWASA is seeking to recruit dynamic, experienced, competent and qualified performance driven Male and Female to fill the following career opportunity:
GIS OFFICER (1 POST)
REPORTING TO: TECHNICAL MANAGER
TERMS OF SERVICE: SPECIFIC PERIOD CONTRACT
KEY RESULT AREA
• Prepare Master plan for Urban Water Supply Network.
• Prepare Geographical information System of Urban Water Supply Network.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Maintain data on production/update water systems maps, customer/distribution/collection systems and data on population served.
• Prepare drawings of water/sewerage works
• Analysis and conversion of GIS data in different formats using GPS, Electrical Data Recorder, Digitizers and other means
• Prepare bills of quantities (BOQ) and estimates for water and sewerage works
• Prepare periodic reports on the activity of the Unit
Qualifications Required, Competency and Experience
• Holder of degree in Land Surveying, Urban and Regional Planning, land information system or equivalent qualification.
• Knowledge and experience in using GIS mapping hardware and software
• Relevant working experience within or more than three years (3) of relevant experience in planning and designing duties.
• Good command in English and Kiswahili (Written and Verbal)
Job Education Requirements: Bachelor’s Degree
Job Experience Requirements: 3 years
How to Apply
N.B GENERAL CONDITIONS FOR APPLICANTS All applications should be in written form and have to be enclosed with the following documents: • All applicants must be citizen of Tanzania. • Two recent passport size picture should be attached • The Curriculum Vitae (CV) must incorporate all contacts telephone numbers, mobile box numbers, e-mail and physical addresses. • Applicants should apply on the strength of information given in the advertisement • FORM IV AND VI RESULTS SLIPS ARE STRICTLY NOT ACCEPTED • Testimonials, partial transcript and result slips will NOT be accepted. • Certificates from foreign examinations bodies, colleges or University should be verified by NECTA, NACTE or TCU. • Certified copies of certificates of Form IV, VI, University degree, Academic Transcript and Birth Certificate. • Full names and detailed address of three referees (Address should include Mobile Phone, email address and postal address). • Application letter should be written in English • Applicants with special needs/ case (disability) are supposed to indicate. • Applicants who will submit fraudulent documents will be subjected to criminal proceedings.. In additional to the qualifications mentioned, the incumbent is expected to possess the following traits • Excellent communication skills • Highly intelligent and ability to adopt to changes quickly • Capacity to work under teamwork spirit, establish and maintain effective working relations with different people and stakeholder • Ability to work under minimum supervision All applications should be sent to GEUWASA Office and be addressed to: The Managing Director, Geita Urban Water and Sanitation Authority, P. O. Box 477, GEITA. Closing Date: ALL APPLICATION SHOULD BE SENT BEFORE 27 TH August 2019. “WOMEN ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY”