Geology – Core functions Intern at Tanzania Bureau of Standards
Welcome to JobwebTanzania.com. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in Tanzania. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to [email protected]
- Company: Tanzania Bureau of Standards
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Internship
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Tanzania
Tanzania Bureau of Standards (TBS) is Tanzania’s sole Standards body, formerly established by the Standards Act No. 3 of 1975, which was repealed and replaced by the Standards Act No. 2 of 2009. It is a Parastatal Organization under the Ministry of Industry and Trade. TBS introduced internship programs for graduates from diverse academic backgrounds to have exposure in development issues and a first-hand impression of the day-to-day working environment of the Bureau.
The core functions of TBS are:
• Formulation and promulgation of Tanzania standards in all sectors of the country’s economy
• Implementation of the promulgated standards through third party certification schemes;
• Improving the quality of industrial products both for export and local consumption through various certification schemes;
• Promotion of standardization and quality assurance services in industry and commerce through training of personnel in Company Standardization, Quality Assurance and Management Systems, Quality Improvement, Laboratory Techniques and Accreditation, Packaging Technology and Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Points (HACCP);
• Undertaking testing of product samples drawn by TBS Inspectors in the course of Implementing standards (certification samples), requested by manufacturers themselves (type-testing samples), brought by consumers (consumer complaints samples) or for checking laboratory proficiency (proficiency testing samples);
• Undertaking calibration of industrial and scientific measuring equipment and instruments in the area of mass, length, volume, energy, temperature, etc.
TBS is currently looking for thirty-two (32) graduates at degree, diploma and certificate levels among the fields mentioned below for Internship program to learn and practice the above core functions. Preferred candidates should be dynamic, committed, suitably qualified, dedicated and eager to learn and develop experience through assigned tasks:
18 Interns for Core functions (15 for Imports Inspection; 1 for Namanga Border; 1 for Mutukula Border and 1 for Sirari Border)
Core functions Intern – Geology.
Job Responsibilities: Not Specified
Job Skills: Not Specified
Required qualifications: Bachelor of Science in Geology
Job Education Requirements: Bachelor’s Degree
Job Experience Requirements: Not Specified
How to Apply
GENERAL CONDITIONS • All applicants must be Tanzanians, graduating between 2017 to 2019 only. • All applicants must attach an up-to-date Curriculum Vitae (CV) having reliable contacts; postal address, e-mail and telephone numbers. • All applicants should indicate three reputable referees, one must be from Academic Institutions with their reliable contact e-mails and telephone numbers. • The maximum period for individual program is one year, no intern shall be reappointed as Bureau’s intern after completion of one year of his/her tenure as intern at TBS. • Applicant for Border Offices must indicate specific border in the subject line. • Applicants must attach their certified copies of the following certificates; Degree/Diploma/Certificates; Degree/Diploma transcripts; Form IV and Form VI National Examination Certificates; and Birth certificate or National Identity Card. vii. Attaching copies of the following certificates is strictly not accepted; Form IV and form VI results slips; and Testimonials and all Partial transcripts. • Certificates from foreign examination bodies should be verified by the relevant authorities (TCU, NACTE or NECTA). • Presentation of forged certificates and other information will necessitate legal action. • Attach a letter of endorsement from a Local Government Chairperson or Executive Officer confirming your place of residence. • Attach a brief paper setting out the reasons why you need an internship with TBS and what expectation after a year. • Deadline for application is 12th August, 2019. • Only qualified candidates will be informed on the date for interview. • Successful and accepted interns shall not be paid salaries or any remuneration attached to salaries instead interns will be assisted by Management from time to time from approved Budget to cover for transport and lunch expenses. • Internship practice is not a guarantee for employment at TBS. In case employment opportunities arise at TBS, interns shall follow the laid down employment procedures in the Public Services as will be stipulated. • Signed application letters should be written in English and addressed to the following address: DIRECTOR GENERAL, TANZANIA BUREAU OF STANDARDS, P.O. BOX 9524, DAR ES SALAAM.