General Manager at Hlb Mekonsult Tanzania
- Company: Hlb Mekonsult Tanzania
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Tanzania
Position: General Manager – Credit Management and Collection Company
Our client, a reputable and privately owned Company involved in Credit Management and Collections (Receivables Management, Training and Advisory; Revenue and Debt Collections; Investigation, Assets Tracing and Recoveries; Public Auction; and General Business Brokerage), operating throughout the country with an ambitious growth plans wish to appoint a General Manager (GM) to lead the company on a day to day basis. The GM is expected to provide direction to the company, to be a driver for change, to motivate the employees, collectors and agents and to deliver the growth and future success of the business.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- To lead the company and create an even more effective organization capable of delivering outstanding results in a turbulent financial landscape shaped with rapid growth in both credits and defaults.
- Work with heads of departments to ensure day-to-day management of the business, including preparation of budgets for and ensuring that income is maintained and expenditure is controlled in line with budgets and that potential risks are identified and managed.
- Ensure that the business is well administered and meets its governance responsibilities.
- Work with the Directors and heads of departments to define strategies to implement and further develop the business plan.
- Carry out the Business Plan preparation, including reviewing progress against the plan and set appropriate targets.
- Develop operating policies to ensure programmes and activities are implemented effectively.
- Lead heads of departments to coach, train and motivate the workforce.
Skills and Experience Required
- Associate Degree/Diploma from an accredited University/college with major course work in business administration, Finance, Law, marketing or related field required. Equivalent work experience in a similar position may be substituted for educational requirements.
- A preferred knowledge and experience of the Financial Sector with knowledge of lending and credit administration
- Experience in debt collection, collateral management, court brokerage and legal enforcement procedures will be distinct advantage
- Five years or more experience in leading a large department or small organization
- A record of successful leadership through periods of rapid growth in parallel with organizational change
- Excellent strategic development skills
- Experience of staff management including personal development and objective setting
- Excellent organizational, written and verbal communication skills
- Required to undergo and pass all required background checks The ability to work in a selfdirected manner, and to develop good working relationships with stakeholders and partners
- Knowledge of collection practices
- Knowledge of collection software/databases
- Principles and practices of customer service
- Report preparations and techniques
- Proper telephone etiquette
- Modern office procedures, methods, and computer equipment
Method of Application
To apply for this role please send a motivation letter and your CV and to: [email protected] and [email protected] with subject – General Manager, Credit Management. Closing date for applications is 30th September 2019.