Gender Coordinator at Girl Effect Global
Welcome to JobwebTanzania.com. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in Tanzania. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to [email protected]
- Company: Girl Effect Global
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Tanzania Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: NGO Jobs in Tanzania
At Girl Effect, we empower girls to navigate the pivotal time of adolescence so they are enabled to make choices about their health, education, and economic future – no matter where in the world they live.
We use our in-depth understanding about the real needs of girls, along with innovative behaviour change science, to create branded media girls love; virtual and real-world spaces where they can be inspired, informed, connected to services and to others—ultimately, so they can take action to change their lives. Working with our partners, we reach millions of girls in more than 60 countries through the technology girls use every day.
What We Do
We start with the girl. We build an in-depth understanding of what a girl needs – the challenges she is uniquely facing, how best to talk to her and when – by working with girls at every step of our design journey.
We use this understanding to create branded media girls love; virtual and real-world spaces they trust where they can be entertained, informed, connected with others, and feel safe. We use our expertise in behavioural science to ensure we’re connecting with girls effectively – empowering girls to see a diffent future for themselves, act on the choices they have available and encourage other girls to do the same – not because she is being told to – but because she understands and sees the value of doing so.
As a result, our work doesn’t encourage one-off positive behaviour, it generates greater long-lasting demand for services and support for girls. Finally, we’re able to reach millions of girls by delivering our work primarily via the technology girls are accessing every day – from mobile, TV and radio. We’re pioneering developments in Artificial Intelligence, Interactive Voice Response (IVR), chatbot and mobile technology to find new innovative ways to measure our impact, and reach and engage girls more personally, at scale, and cost-effectively. Two-thirds of the globe has access to a mobile and it’s only set to increase – our priority is to leverage this opportunity now.
The context of the role
The Gender team is Girl Effect’s technical function that integrates gender expertise into Girl Effect’s unique approach to programming for social and behavioural change for girls. Girl Effect is looking for a Gender Coordinator to collaborate with the global gender team to support our global programmes such as Springster and TEGA, as well as our brand Tujibebe in Tanzania and Yegna in Ethiopia. The Gender Coordinator will also ensure that Girl Effect remains up to date on the latest thinking, developments and evidence in the field of gender and support colleagues to mainstream best practice throughout the organisation. This role will be based in one of the countries in which we work; London, Nigeria, Malawi, India, Rwanda, Tanzania or Ethiopia.
- Provide support to Girl Effect brands such as Springster, Yegna and Tujibebe, to ensure programming is girl-centred, holistic and relevant, including literature reviews, content development and where applicable partnership support. Technical support may also be provided to other Girl Effect brands as required.
- Provide gender technical expertise to the global and Tanzania TEGA teams to ensure girl-centred design and gender considerations are mainstreamed across TEGA research methodologies, tool development and data analysis.
- Spearhead global gender mainstreaming and internal learning by ensuring learning huddles, lunchtime discussions and trainings are delivered across the organisation.
- Coordinate a vibrant internal global gender network. This may include organising regular team meetings (in person and remotely), sharing key resources and supporting the Global Gender Director in ensuring the team remains connected with each other for learning, support and coherence of approach.
- Keep up to date with trends on girls’ rights, gender equality and social and behaviour change for girls within the sector, and where appropriate, position Girl Effect as a thought leader by promoting results and learning with key actors and organisations.
- Where applicable, support Girl Effect’s Global Safeguarding Team to implement safeguarding policies and procedures within our digital products and platforms, including capacity building partners and daily support to online moderators.
Skills and experience
- Degree or relevant experience in gender, human rights, development or social sciences or similar field.
- Interest in working in a developing country context.
- Strong communication, writing and organisational skills.
- High attention to detail and ability to work under pressure and tight deadlines.
- Ability to remain flexible and find solutions to challenges.
- Positive, energetic, can-do attitude.
- Ability to work collaboratively in multicultural teams.
- Commitment to realising the potential of girls and to the vision and values of Girl Effect
Shortlisted candidates will be assessed on our organizational values at the interview stage. The successful candidate will be expected to adhere to our safeguarding policy. We encourage candidates to read and understand our safeguarding policy, the executive summary of which can be found here. We have a zero-tolerance policy to all forms of violence against children, beneficiaries and staff.
Girl Effect is an equal opportunities employer and encourages applications from all.
This role is being recruited as a 12 month fixed term contract.
Deadline to Apply: Wednesday 16th October 2019