Gender Analysis Expert at World Wide Fund For Nature
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: NGO Jobs in Tanzania
Position: Gender Analysis Expert
Call for Expressions of Interest (EoI)
Gender Analysis Expert
1. WWF Tanzania Country Office is a Non- Government Organization dealing with environmental protection in Tanzania since 1990 and it has supported the Government of Tanzania in implementing various projects on Marine, Forest, Fresh Water, Energy and Wildlife. WWF global mission is to stop the degradation of the planet’s natural environment and to build a future in which humans live in harmony with nature, by promoting inclusive economic development, including gender equality.
2. The Government of URT, with support from WWF Tanzania, has been spearheading the development of an Integrated Food Systems, Land Use and Restoration program targeting Tanzania’s national allocation under the Global Environment Facility (GEF). The central objective of this project is to ensure the sustainable management of natural resources in several priority production landscapes in Tanzania through integrated land- and water management and sustainable and inclusive value chains for a catalyzed landscape economy and improved livelihood. The landscapes targeted in this regard are the Kilombero district within the Kilombero sub-basin on mainland Tanzania, and the North A/North B districts on Zanzibar (hereafter referred to as Unguja landscape).
- The key problem to be addressed by the project is the degradation of rich forest lands and wetlands and the related loss in forest health and biodiversity, which has detrimental effects on the delivery of ecosystem services (including carbon sequestration) and related livelihood and economic opportunities. Barriers the project will respond to include: 1) weaknesses in land and water use planning and management; 2) absence of a framework for encouraging sustainable investments and value chains; and 3) absence of a conducive legal, policy and institutional framework to guide sustainable land and water management.
4. During the implementation of this project, gender mainstreaming is paramount important to ensure inclusive delivery of the planned activities. Therefore, a Gender and Social Inclusion Strategy will be developed during the project design phase.
- To support this process, WWF Tanzania is requesting the services of an expert, specialized in Gender analysis, to work in close cooperation with the Project design team and the Lead Consultant to provide support on gender analysis during the development and documentation process of this project. Under the guidance of the Lead Consultant, the gender expert will contribute to the project design in support of Government priorities (policies, legislation, guidelines, etc) and in accordance with WWF and GEF standards.
6. All registered, eligible and reputable, firms, institutions and individuals are advised to submit both technical and financial proposals for this assignment. The technical proposal should clearly indicate the individual’s/institution’s team’s experience in conducting similar assignments.
7. Terms of Reference request: Detailed ToR is available at WWF Tanzania Country Offices but also can be requested through the e mails provided at para # 9 below.
8. Applicant Requirement and qualifications:
The desired applicant to undertake the assessment with other key qualitiesmust meet the following minimum qualifications:
Proven expertise and experience in evaluation of similar assignment
Master’s degree in Sociology/Rural Development/ Resources Economics/Natural Resources Management, or a related field;
Knowledge of private sector- and community-based approaches to community-based natural resources management
At least 5 years of proven experience in working/preparing gender and social inclusion strategy
Experience in project design;
Social, cultural and gender sensitive/engaged;
Excellent writing and communication skills in English;
Demonstrated community and stakeholder consultation experience;
The local language (Kiswahili) on the survey area is strongly necessary, and
Proven facilitation and coordination skills.
- Request of Terms of Reference and submission of Application Documents:
EoI/Proposal should be submitted only through [email protected]
For inquiries and request of ToR only: please, contact or visit us at;
Kiko Street, Mikocheni – Off Mwai Kibaki Road Plot 252, P. O. Bo63117,
Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
emails [email protected] and a copy to Lucason Maiga at [email protected] and or Peter Ndaki email: [email protected] Fax: +255 22 277 5535; website. www.panda.org
- Deadline for submission: Applications should be a concise full combined technical & financial proposals fully signed, highlighting company profile, concrete evidences of experiences on similar works, the proposed approach and methodologies, work schedule and timings of the process. Team CVs should also be attached. Also apart from one pager application letter, financial proposal should clearly specifying time and other expenses both direct and reimbursable, these include unit costs on professional fees and the eligible taxes; kindly submit your applications as instructed by Wednesday, 11thSeptember 2019 at 16.00hrs Tanzania local time.
11. Evaluation of the consultancy applications will be done based on WWF procurement guidelines and that WWF Tanzania is not bound to accept any lowest or highest proposal/bid
12. Only successful applicant will be contacted.