Geita Gold Mining Jobs in Tanzania : Senior Manager Supply Chain
Welcome to JobwebTanzania.com. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in Tanzania. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to [email protected]
- Company: Geita Gold Mining
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Mining Jobs in Tanzania
Position: Senior Manager Supply Chain
Job Number: GGM-2019-XFC-03
Number of Positions: 01.
Works For: Operations Manager
Bachelor Degree in Business Administration, Commerce or Degree in Supply Chain and Logistic Management
- 10 years working experience, mining industry experience advantageous.
• Experience in a procurement and Supply Chain Management position.
• Proficient in the use of ERP SAP Materials Management
• Strong computer skills – Microsoft office package, particularly Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
• Dynamic knowledge and understanding of supply chain, business acumen and the mining environment.
• Exhibit proven negotiation and influencing skills, as well as the ability to identify, recommend and implement cost-effective efficiencies for overall improvement to the operation.
• Excellent administrative and organizational skills and ability to work independently, as well as in a team.
• Working experience is required in Procurement and Purchasing, Inventory Management, Vendor and Contract Management, Warehouse Management, Materials Engineering, Logistics including, Sea and Air Freight, Safety and Health.
Purpose of the Role: The purpose of this role is to provide leadership for all purchasing, inventory control, warehousing, logistic and shipping activities with focus to control costs while also improving efficiency and accuracy in the management of inventory and the overall supply chain.
Main or Key Accountabilities
- Plan, develop, organize, direct, manage and evaluate the personnel, operations and budget of the Supply Chain Department.
• Lead and manage customer service, purchasing, inventory control, forecasting, warehousing, transportation and other areas as required.
• Develop key performance indicators to measure the effectiveness of the materials management operations.
• Develop and communicate material management policies, procedures and internal controls.
• Understand customers’ needs, service those needs, maintain and develop positive business relationships with customers’ key personnel involved in or directly relevant to supply chain activities.
• Manage vendor performance and relationships.
« Collaborate with staff, other departments, senior management and decision makers to share information, solve problems and clarify management objectives.
• Oversee company-wide management of the strategic sourcing, procurement, contracting and evaluation of services.
• Manage/coordinate the production planning process, including supply/demand forecasting inventory management and on time delivery.
• Manage and / or execute procurement-related functions (e.g. develop and implement contract management and procurement frameworks, sourcing strategies, negotiate agreements, draft and manage contracts, etc.)
• Implement and adhere to transaction management best practices.
« Monitor and analyse current trends in the marketplace.
• Direct and manage corporate governance and regulatory compliance.
• Identify and manage risks within the supply chain.
• Address tactical and strategic supply chain issues.
• Establish key performance indicators, monitor ongoing performance and improve performance against set goals.
• Develop and implement optimization strategies including new systems, best practices, inventory control and demand planning.
Additional Requirements: Registered with PSPTB
How to Apply
Application cover letter (Subject should be: Senior Manager Supply Chain and/or quote the job number), detailed CV, copies of relevant certificates, e- mail and telephone contacts, names and addresses of three referees, to be forwarded to below address. You will be required to bring original certificates if you are contacted for interviews.
Contact Address: Senior Human Resources Manager, Geita Gold Mining Ltd, P.O.Box 532, Geita. Email: [email protected]
NB: Internal applicants may submit applications to departmental HR Officer. All internal applications must be endorsed by the applicant’s head of department.
Application Deadline: Application letters should reach the above on or before 31st March 2019.17hr30. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.