Garage Foreman at Frankfurt Zoological Society (FZS)
Welcome to JobwebTanzania.com. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in Tanzania. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to [email protected]
- Company: Frankfurt Zoological Society (FZS)
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Tanzania Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Graduates Jobs in Tanzania
FZS is looking for a Workshop Foreman for The Serengeti Conservation Project in Seronera, Serengeti National Park. The Workshop Foreman will be responsible for management of entire auto mechanics working at the garage in Seronera. The position ensures that the garage is efficiently and timeously maintained, troubleshooting and repairs of all approved vehicles of SENAPA LE and FZS are effectively carried out.
- Minimum Qualification: Certificate
- Experience Level: Executive level
- Experience Length: 5 years
Specific functions of the Workshop Foreman include: –
- To inspect vehicle engine and mechanical components, and simple electrical problems, to diagnose issues accurately, troubleshooting when a problem cannot immediately be resolved, repair as needed to a high standard.
- To conduct routine maintenance work aiming towards vehicle functionality and longevity.
- To conduct preventative maintenance when needed.
- To receive information of all field vehicles concerning maintenance or reports on any issues that arise;
- To ensure smooth transfers of breakdowns, or vehicles that need maintenance.
- To be able to fully overhaul Toyota Land Cruiser and Land Rover engines and fully repair/overhaul gearboxes to a high level of quality, and in clean conditions;
- Work with a high level of integrity, pride and discipline.
- To supervise the work of workshop employees including Mechanics, Auto electricians, tools and maintenance storekeeper, drivers and ensure that the work ethics of integrity, pride and discipline are instilled in all of the team.
- To ensure all workshop working environments are kept clean and clear at all times, including the overhaul facility.
- To ensure that all Project tools and equipment are well looked after, kept secure and used responsibly.
- To ensure that all safety regulations are adhered to and regularly remind the mechanics of the importance of safety.
- To provide regular reports and feedback to the Operations Manager for all maintenance works.
- To ensure job cards have been opened for all maintained and checked vehicles, in order to maintain proper records.
- To ensure all vehicle records are maintained, and servicing is kept up to date; and
- To ensure the careful and correct use of all spare parts received from the Spares Store. Successful applicants need to be reliable and co-operative, team players who are
organized and of high level of integrity, capable to reason when handling pressure in technical problems.
The person holding position of Workshop Foreman must have:
1. A minimum qualification on motor Vehicle Mechanics technician with trade Test Grade One Certificate from VETA or equivalent qualification.
2. At least form four level of Tanzanian Education System.
3. At least five years’ experience of working as a mechanic in a reputable garage or company in general mechanic works and auto mechanics and must have a proved knowledge of operating electronic Engine Diagnosis Machine.
4. A valid driving license;
5. Ability to work independently and rectify faults in various vehicle types.
6. Leadership ability and flexibility in working hours.
7. Ability to manage and motivate staff.
8. Good communication skills in Kiswahili and English languages and
9. Computer literate – knowledge in fleet management System will be an added merit.
How to Apply
Interested applicants should send their applications through ([email protected]) to be received before or by 23rd of October 2019. Only successful applicants will be contacted for interview.